Reality DayZ Inventory Manager (C#)

OK first I want to say this tool looks AWESOME!
secondly when it comes to SQL and PHP I am a nublet... I have a HFB server with the "Ultimate package" and I have the info for my server:
IP: hive.hfbservers.com

Port: 3306

Username: user-XXXX

Password: Nonya >.<

Database: user-XXXX
I have it entered here:
dayzinventorymanager1_zps4fe8ac06.jpg

To no avail. The drop down indicated by the blue ( don't judge my squiggly circles) now has mine and DayZ. It had Dayz by default, and now has mine after I hit add circled in red. Will not sync with my server, as far as I can tell. All I get is :
CurrentMethod: OpenConnection
CurrentMethod: testDatabase
CurrentMethod: Initialize

I tried to fix my issue by going through the from but after 12 pages, and trying all the suggestions and directions I am stumped... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Strider, I am not as active on these forums as I used to be. My apologies for the delay in response. If your database name is not DayZ then delete that, then type your database and click add and save. The go to the main menu and make sure you are selecting something from each drop down box. The box does not activate until you actually choose something in the dropdown. HFB uses this themselves on their servers.

hey there, great program and I got it working fine. I am just trying to figure out how to set a new spawn loadout for all players, is this possible?

Hey, thanks for a great tool. Found it really handy when setting up my server so I could test items out etc. I'm having a bit of trouble setting the default loadout though. When I look at my custom_loadout table, it has an entry for the correct loadout I set in the program but when people connect they aren't getting the items I've set it up for.

I'm running on HFB and have set their standard loadout to be disabled. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong and totally missing it?

Hey, thanks for a great tool. Found it really handy when setting up my server so I could test items out etc. I'm having a bit of trouble setting the default loadout though. When I look at my custom_loadout table, it has an entry for the correct loadout I set in the program but when people connect they aren't getting the items I've set it up for.

I'm running on HFB and have set their standard loadout to be disabled. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong and totally missing it?

I would talk with HFB regarding this, it may be something on their end. If not they will contact me and I can work with them to ensure its corrected for everyone.

I would talk with HFB regarding this, it may be something on their end. If not they will contact me and I can work with them to ensure its corrected for everyone.

Ok thanks, I'll send them a ticket. Sadly they can take a few days to reply to those haha. In the mean time I've simply put the loadout into the 'inventory' section of the 'instance' table.

Edit: Actually, doing that breaks things as people can't create new characters. I'll have to wait and see what HFB say. Really reluctant to ask them anything about the DB though to be honest because the last time I asked them to confirm something about the DB for me, they simply went in and reset my database even though it didn't need it and they didn't ask me first so I lost weeks worth of edits and characters.

I must be stupid or something.. I successfully used Dart to connect to my server to manage players.. But I cannot set up this reality inventory.. Visad please.. help me out xD..

I put my Database IP as the IP to log into my server which is

my User.. I put in as the email they sent me..
My password was in the same email.. so i put that there too

And the Port is 2900 which is at the end of my servers IP

so its 208.117.11.138:2900

I use HFB Servers.. And i click test and i dont have admin error.. So I click Save.

Then I dont knwo what the next box is DayZ Databases.. And I cantsee any players or anything on the list forl oad outs ETC.. what am I doing wrong.. IF needed I will do teamview to help me out. I just rented this server two days ago and feel like I cant do crap.. Was very aggrivated.. If someone can help me to get this work it would be Super appreciated.

I must be stupid or something.. I successfully used Dart to connect to my server to manage players.. But I cannot set up this reality inventory.. Visad please.. help me out xD..

Enter your database details in the settings area, then under that in the DayZ databases section you need to type your database name, for HFB it's the same as your DB username. Now click Add and then select it from the drop down menu and click test. If it's working you should get a message saying "Your version of reality is 0.46000" or whatever schema version you are running.

Now on the main page you can select your DB, then select the map (even if it displays the map, you still need to click on it to load it), then select your characters.

Works great for editing inventories, sadly though I still can't get the custom inventories to work, even on my local Reality testing server which was built using custom inventory so that's confusing me a fair bit.

Visad, would you consider a feature request please. I was thinking it would be great if instead of a singular database setting, could we perhaps save multiple database settings and then select which one we want to use from a drop down or something?

I only ask because I keep having to manually change the settings when switching between my local testing database and my main server database which is just a bit of a bother really. Not a big deal if you don't want to, just thought it may be handy.

Hey ive been having a problem with your manager and i cant seem to figure out what, it looks like a great tool btw :p
When i check the database settings (IP, User, Pass, Port.) i get

CurrentMethod: testDatabase

and when i then add the DayZ database name i end up getting

CurrentMethod: CloseConnection
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unknown table 'migration_schema_version' in information_schema
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at DayZInventoryManager.DayZInventoryManager.testDatabase()

not quite sure but i think it has something to do with the hoster not allowing me access maybe? And help is greatly appreciated :3

I'm trying to get this working with Dayz Epoch but nothing seems to work.

My connection details are all correct but every time I click test all I get is:

CurrentMethod: CloseConnection
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Table 'dayz_epoch.migration_schema_version' doesn't exist
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at DayZInventoryManager.DayZInventoryManager.testDatabase()

The error is quite obvious that the table isn't there in SQL but I'm not sure how to get around it, simply creating the table doesn't help.

Does this work on epoch servers I am hosting one on my own hardware s I put in locahost, the right port, root and nothing as the password and dayz_epoch as the database and nothing works.

Ah, damn. Do you know of one that does work? I have private hive tools but those inventory changes don't work for some reason.

I've never used Epoch so I'm not too sure, this is the only GUI based inventory editor I've tried I'm afraid. Try a google search, you may 'get lucky'.

I'm definitely not very versed in databases for epoch and such, but from just the little I've sene, its looking at instance 1 in the program, any chance the author could update this to allow us to change it to look for instance 11, which epoch uses? Or is it mroe complicated than that...

Back