[Release] BaseBuilding 1.2 Improvements 0.1 (better and editable Keycode, permanent Owner)

kik also what do I do about the hiveini file it wont give me access to it in the ftp keeps saying id ont have permissions

ok thanks kik also did u figure out why when I tried to take out the abuse stuff when people build they don't get the code

You must did something wrong as you we're changing the sqf cause if I put it in and use the uploaded files there is no problem with not showing codes. As said this wouldn't really make sense anyhow ;)

also when I take that abuse thing out we will beable to build a plot pole anywhere right?

No it just fixes that you can't build a plot near the enemys plot start building there and then run with you buildable (e.g. a infopanel to break in) to your enemies base. This is possible cause the normal basebuilding script doesn't check all restrictions at the end. Thats the reason why I put in some abuse checks at the end before it gets published to the database.. and if the script detects that a restriction is now enabled it just deletes the object local and doesn't publish to database. The materials are gone cause they already deleted in the normal script. It fits as a punishment for people who are trying to abuse ;)

kik also what do I do about the hiveini file it wont give me access to it in the ftp keeps saying id ont have permissions

You have to contact your hoster. There is nothing I can do for you, sorry. See also here its same

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/454

ir ead that as I am using dayz.st so that timer is set to off by default? or did I read that wrong?also I understand what u mean by the abuse thing which makes sense so I wont take it out I thought it was stoping me from putting a plot pole in citys as your supposed to beable to place them anywhere as the wiki says

also anyone having issues with vaults disappearing randomly on epoch servers they always come back on restart its kinda like the concrete gates when u use the keypannel to open them they vanish and then u operate and they reappear well could it be that that is interfering someway with vaults? cause the vaults disappear when u open them just like the concrete gates do

hey kikyou2,
are u going to release a version for epoch 1.0.1.3/1.0.1.4 anytime soon?

After trying your v.3 everything works sofar except i cant remove wrecks/debris anymore... aint get the mouse wheel option for it....

hey kikyou2,
are u going to release a version for epoch 1.0.1.3/1.0.1.4 anytime soon?

After trying your v.3 everything works sofar except i cant remove wrecks/debris anymore... aint get the mouse wheel option for it....
This is due to his removal of the stock code
Code:
    //Allow player to delete objects
    if((_isDestructable or _isWreck or (_isRemovable and ("ItemCrowbar" in _itemsPlayer))) and _hasToolbox) then {
        if (s_player_deleteBuild < 0) then {
            s_player_deleteBuild = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_delete",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\remove.sqf",_cursorTarget, 1, true, true, "", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_deleteBuild;
        s_player_deleteBuild = -1;
    };

You would have to edit his code and stock to merge this functionality with his current release, or code your own solution.

phew... ia a totaly coding n00b... i guess ill wait a bit till he releases a version for 1.0.1.4

edit:
i tried and failed :( after trying myslef the complete mouswheel options disapear... so i keep waiting ^^

Hey guys, sorry if I missed where this question may have been answered. I've been up most of the night and have to leave for work soon.

I have installed everything on my server and I can pull up the recipe menu and it seems to be working fine. However, when I attempt to build something, the build timer will run through it's cycle and when the object get's built it instantly disappears. I still get a confirmation that it was built, but there is nothing there, even after a restart. Has anyone run into this before? Any help would be appreciated!!

Also remember, this is a stripped down version of his code, it is NOT complete. For example, the custom items from the build menu can be built anywhere not requiring a 30m plot pole, so you will need to fix that yourself, or ask kikyou2 to release an update, and he is plenty busy.

Anyhow, its a moot point now, Epoch 1.0.1.4 is out and a good amount has to be re done again. Especially since Daimyo, the original creator of BB1.2 has updated his code as of June 1st, which fixes the buildable object sliding issue after placement, which occurs from a server restart. This fix is not included in the improvements v0.3.

yeah i really hope kikyou2 will release an update pretty soon that is based on the newest BB1.2

As Armifier said, hoping for an update soon with Epoch 1.0.1.4 and since the orig. base building 1.2 got updated last month too :)

yeah but but most peoply like myself a totaly coding n00bs, i have no idea what i got to change to get it working

xen... u answered my post on the epoch forums xD well... me a code-n00b too but meanwhile i got base building 1.2 with kikyou2's improvements 0.3 running on my epoch 1.0.1.4 server... just give it a try... it took me a day to do...

i tried for coupple of days now, only get the standart basebuild running, any change of getting a 1.0.1.4 pack from you exodon?

well ^^ at the moment im at a point where i have to start from scrap i guess ^^ cause at some point while fixing bugs i have destroyed the code... its not sending to database anymore... as soon as it is really 100% working and tested i'm gonna try to figure out the files wich i made changes to... then u may can have them... or take the files i already posted in the epoch forums... but they need to get reworked cause base building isnt writing to databse anymore... but not because itself is not sending it but because the server rpt log has some kind of "cant find object" lines at the point where it had the "spawn object" lines where it was writing to database...

Could someone help me?

Got everything working fine, writing to the database, deleting from the database on remove etc

But i can't seem to get the keypad to work for functioning the "Door"

When i place the keypad it gives me the 4 Digit Unique code, but when you enter it, it just gives you "Access Denied" Can't seem to get it working at all.

Back