[Release] BaseBuilding 1.2 Improvements 0.1 (better and editable Keycode, permanent Owner)

Hey :)

Okay, I added it (Epoch) carried out your instructions (added to mpmissions folder, and also added the stuff to dayz server pbo...

Added the line to description file (# line)

Nothing happens when I scroll wheel - I have a toolbox, E-tool etc.

One thing - my mission file isn't pbo'd, does that matter? (it wasn't by default)

Cheers :)

Hey :)

Okay, I added it (Epoch) carried out your instructions (added to mpmissions folder, and also added the stuff to dayz server pbo...

Added the line to description file (# line)

Nothing happens when I scroll wheel - I have a toolbox, E-tool etc.

One thing - my mission file isn't pbo'd, does that matter? (it wasn't by default)

Cheers :)

Hi there check this post out please

http://opendayz.net/threads/release...ycode-permanent-owner.10485/page-9#post-53332

I haven't had the time to update the first post yet ;)

Hey :) Quick check - no way that installing your files would over-ride the safe's in my database and delete them, is there? :D

Sorry I was ill for serveral days and very busy.

I uploaded you a fresh DayZ Epoch 1.0.1.1 version with my Basebuilding Improvements 0.3 already included.

What is new in this version?
-can't build in trader cities or remove things from there
-30m Plots are required for all buildables (so you can now "claim" territory with that)
-30m Plot is now tied to PlayerUID like all other buildables (instead of using CharacterID like in standard Epoch Mod
-removed 2 Panel restriction in 300m cause it isn't needed anymore cause of the 30m Plots
-abusing fixes for:
start building out of road and walk onto that then build there though its restricted
same with walk into trader city and some other restrictions (like 30m plot)
(you get punished if you try to abuse something like that and will loose your materials ;) )
-all old functions like Edit Code, 4 digit System, permanent Owner and reliable Codes are of course still in it
-everything I forgot now to write

I don't have currently the time to write down every change I made, but you can just download a clean version of Epoch 1.0.1.1 files and compare them with mine if you have problems in integrating stuff. (Notepad++ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-compare/ will be quite helpfull)

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b2nwby0st2kk4g1/BaseBuildingImprovementsv0.3.rar

Just download it and unpack the files at your DayZ Epoch Server directory. I would consider to backup your old files and then delete them instead of just overwriting the old files with the new ones of the .rar

This is a strip off out of my own files and I tested everything so it should work for everyone. If you're still facing problems then write them down here.

Have fun!

If you want to support me and my projects you can make donations, thanks for every single one!!

Also, I noticed in your server montior file, this is missing - could it be realted to vaults vanishing?
Code:
_allowedObjects = ["TentStorage", "VaultStorageLocked", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","TrapBear","Fort_RazorWire","WoodGate_DZ","Land_HBarrier1_DZ"];
//Stream in objects
/* STREAM OBJECTS */
//Send the key
_key = format["CHILD:302:%1:",dayZ_instance];
_result = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;

and also
Code:
// fix for leading zero issues on safe codes after restart
if (_object isKindOf "VaultStorageLocked") then {
_codeCount = (count (toArray _ownerID));
if(_codeCount == 3) then {
_ownerID = format["0%1", _ownerID];

Could this be related???

kik how do I remove the abuse setting because people are building out in fields and getting that abuse bug error and there stuff is deleted I would like to remove that if possiable

I figured it out Kick! - I was using the old files when the safe was placed, and I noticed in the 0.3 improvement notes that it fixed this issue - placed a new, stocked safe and all looks to be working!

ONE issue though - I'm using your files mainly, and it seems the update stopped people being able to 'Remove' wrecks to get a random car park - any idea why this might be?

Is it a config option somewhere?

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated :)

kik how do I remove the abuse setting because people are building out in fields and getting that abuse bug error and there stuff is deleted I would like to remove that if possiable

Use this player_basebuild.sqf instead of the one in package

http://pastebin.com/8rYY42gc

ONE issue though - I'm using your files mainly, and it seems the update stopped people being able to 'Remove' wrecks to get a random car park - any idea why this might be?

What do you exactly mean?

Hi :)

What I mean is, you know in Epoch when you find a wreck in the road, you can scroll wheel on it, and select 'Remove', and your character will take the wreck apart in like, 5 stages, and you will get a random car part for doing it?

Well, that isn't working anymore since adding your files :D

I just wondered if you knew what it might be?

Mike
Ps. Cheers for all your work on this - loving the base building!
Pps. Any plans to integrate it to the NEW Epoch mod?

Use this player_basebuild.sqf instead of the one in package

http://pastebin.com/8rYY42gc

What do you exactly mean?

Hi :)

What I mean is, you know in Epoch when you find a wreck in the road, you can scroll wheel on it, and select 'Remove', and your character will take the wreck apart in like, 5 stages, and you will get a random car part for doing it?

Well, that isn't working anymore since adding your files :D

I just wondered if you knew what it might be?

Lol never heard of that being possible. If its really inside the Epoch Mod it will may be an issue inside the fn_selfactions.sqf cause that script is normally responsible to add scrollwheel options. But nether seen a function like this in it either ?!

Ps. Cheers for all your work on this - loving the base building!
Pps. Any plans to integrate it to the NEW Epoch mod?

Thanks, this was made cause I implemented the mod at my own server and was running into much problems. So I decided to overwrite these processes and now I'm nearly satisfied with the result :)

If you mean with the new Epoch Mod the 1.0.2 Update (I think this is the next release step they will make, but don't know) I will first getting my server on the next Update and then will see if there are any problems with the old scripts.

And then if I have time to do so I will release and updated version yes ;)

Lol never heard of that being possible. If its really inside the Epoch Mod it will may be an issue inside the fn_selfactions.sqf cause that script is normally responsible to add scrollwheel options. But nether seen a function like this in it either ?!

Thanks, this was made cause I implemented the mod at my own server and was running into much problems. So I decided to overwrite these processes and now I'm nearly satisfied with the result :)

If you mean with the new Epoch Mod the 1.0.2 Update (I think this is the next release step they will make, but don't know) I will first getting my server on the next Update and then will see if there are any problems with the old scripts.

And then if I have time to do so I will release and updated version yes ;)

The remove wrecks part is in fn_selfactions.sqf its in the //Allow player to delete objects bit that you delete in a step of adding in base building in.

I seem to be having issues with people with UID'S with AX in. Anything built with the base building mod
gives errors in HiveExt. i remember origins having issues with saving houses with AX in there UID'S any clue how to fix ?

Code:
2013-06-25 20:05:30 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 308 Params: 11:Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ:0:690177AX:[240.585,[2193.69,12812.5,0]]:[]:[]:0:219371281250241:

2013-06-25 20:05:30 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:11:Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ:0:690177AX:[240.585,[2193.69,12812.5,0]]:[]:[]:0:219371281250241:|

Kikyou2,

After installing the Basebuilding 1.2 on Epoch server, i went for a test. All worked fine. Then i applied the basebuilding improvements. now i get the message "Something went wrong,please try again." Steps ware easy so an't really figure out why!

kik I thank you for your fast response I used the file u gave me but it broke stuff being built it wont give players the removal code now so I had to revert back for the time being

Kikyou2,

After installing the Basebuilding 1.2 on Epoch server, i went for a test. All worked fine. Then i applied the basebuilding improvements. now i get the message "Something went wrong,please try again." Steps ware easy so an't really figure out why!

Use this

http://opendayz.net/threads/release...ycode-permanent-owner.10485/page-9#post-53332

kik I thank you for your fast response I used the file u gave me but it broke stuff being built it wont give players the removal code now so I had to revert back for the time being

Normally thats not possible cause I only commented out the abuse part at the end. I will paste it into my testserver and have a look.

I seem to be having issues with people with UID'S with AX in. Anything built with the base building mod
gives errors in HiveExt. i remember origins having issues with saving houses with AX in there UID'S any clue how to fix ?

Code:
2013-06-25 20:05:30 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 308 Params: 11:Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ:0:690177AX:[240.585,[2193.69,12812.5,0]]:[]:[]:0:219371281250241:

[SIZE=15px]2013-06-25 20:05:30 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:11:Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ:0:690177AX:[240.585,[2193.69,12812.5,0]]:[]:[]:0:219371281250241:|

PlayerUIDs don't work atm for ArmaX users cause of the Epoch Hive which hasn't fixed this. Instead of fixing this is in the last build they decided to change everything back to CharacterIDs which I think isn't that good solution.

A member of my dayz community is currently working to implement the ArmaX fix at our hive and add the CHILD:999 function. You can change that Plots are build with CharacterID like in vanilla Epoch but this is really bad. Cause if you die you have to overrun the plot with a vehicle and build a new one and waste another 60 gold for it... cause you will loose the ability to build there.

Use this

Normally thats not possible cause I only commented out the abuse part at the end. I will paste it into my testserver and have a look.

PlayerUIDs don't work atm for ArmaX users cause of the Epoch Hive which hasn't fixed this. Instead of fixing this is in the last build they decided to change everything back to CharacterIDs which I think isn't that good solution.

A member of my dayz community is currently working to implement the ArmaX fix at our hive and add the CHILD:999 function. You can change that Plots are build with CharacterID like in vanilla Epoch but this is really bad. Cause if you die you have to overrun the plot with a vehicle and build a new one and waste another 60 gold for it... cause you will loose the ability to build there.

Thanks for the reply. Wonder why they went about it this way seems odd.

hey kik is buildables tied to a timer? like seems stuff I build disappears after a certain amount of days if so anyway I can change ther time to be permant I have sevral clans that built big bases and I don't wanna hear them complain when half their base disapears

hey kik is buildables tied to a timer? like seems stuff I build disappears after a certain amount of days if so anyway I can change ther time to be permant I have sevral clans that built big bases and I don't wanna hear them complain when half their base disapears
Had the same issue I changed CleanupPlacedAfterDays to 365 in HiveExt.ini and have had no issues so far.

ok thanks kik also did u figure out why when I tried to take out the abuse stuff when people build they don't get the code

Back