[Release] DayZChernarus Mission System

Its ok managed to figure out how to get humanity gains .

I just created a new bodyclean.sqf with the following code in.

Code:
_ai = _this select 0;
_aikiller = _this select 1;
_humanityBoost = 10; //Set this to whatever you want the humanity to increase by

_humanity = _aikiller getVariable ["humanity",0];
_humanity = _humanity + _humanityBoost;
_aikiller setVariable["humanity", _humanity,true];

sleep 600;
deletevehicle _ai;

Weird didnt work for me. You just replaced the original with that right?

FIXED: NO Ai spawning & Vehicles disappear when using sarges ai

I get the mission message that comes up and the marker on the map. No Ai are spawning at the mission site and any vehicles that spawn disappear after you enter them.

I have tried looking through this thread but can't find the answer, am I missing something?

Love the idea of a missions system, great work.

cheers

No Ai FIX (if using sarge's ai):

Thanks to Dusty Nuttles

I coded the major & minor missions incorrectly (I use sarges ai).
you should open your dayz_sever.pbo & in the missions folder (both major & minor):

change the below:
Code:
_crate setVariable ["Mission",1,true];

to

Code:
_crate setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

Vehicle disappears fix:

you should open your dayz_sever.pbo
In the system folder open server_cleanup.fsm

replace:

Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

with
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Hey guys, first time posting here...
I can't for the life of me work out how to add this to epoch. Im running 1.0.2.5 and I can't find the first line:
Code:
fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf";

Other than that It looks fairly easy... any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Ok having pulled my hair out for about 3 hours i got it working on dayz epoch 1.0.2.5
What I did:
Instead of:
Code:
fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf";
I found
Code:
fnc_plyrHit  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf";
and placed
Code:
fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf";
Below it

Then for the Server_updateobject.sqf, instead of:
Code:
    #ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
    diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
    #endif
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
    };

You need to search instead for
Code:
if ((typeName _objectID != "string") || (typeName _uid != "string")) then
{
    diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
};

I hope this helps someone out.. most frantic google searches return you to this thread.

I'll keep my eye on this to answer any questions, English Isn't my first language so..

P.S Awesome script dude, keep up the good work.

Hello.

Is there a way to add markers on a player map when the player is connected, and a mission is already running ?

Thanks a lot.

I don't need the position in DB, i suppose there is a way to modify the server file to add the markers when a player is connected.

Hello.

Is there a way to add markers on a player map when the player is connected, and a mission is already running ?

Thanks a lot.
Add to bottom of init.sqf
Code:
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf";
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";

And where can i find those files ? (addmarkers.sqf and addmarkers75.sqf) ?

Edit : Ok, founded in the master.zip archive ^^

Is there a way to increase difficulty of the ai at the missions and add more of them?

I found this line in the missions and wondered if editing it would change anything and what the number reference to.

[_coords,80,4,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server2.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 1;

Using DZAI

Or should that point somewhere to my DZAI folder?

Paul,

That line in a path pointing to an SQF call "add_unit_server2.sqf". If you find that SQF by following the path, that may be the correct SQF for your inquiry. I have left my mission system alone, so I can't help you any further in regards to adding more AI or setting the skill.

Chris,

I did see it was pointing there and I am familiar with coding. From looking at everything it looks like the numbers mean (spawn,Radius,Weapon Number,number of units,ai level) I tried changing the numbers and things did change but not getting desired results so just trying to figure it out.

and your server_cleanup looks like this?
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
So you don't have the "mission" variable in server_cleanup.

Can you please clarify this for me - My server_cleanup look like you say.

But where else do I have to change Mission to Sarge ? It says to do so in each mission vehicle variable – But what is that ? Is it the files in the major and minor folder? If so, is it just this line :

_hummer setVariable ["Mission",1,true];

Where I change Mission to Sarge?

Sorry for the noob question, this is all new to me.

Can you please clarify this for me - My server_cleanup look like you say.

But where else do I have to change Mission to Sarge ? It says to do so in each mission vehicle variable – But what is that ? Is it the files in the major and minor folder? If so, is it just this line :

_hummer setVariable ["Mission",1,true];

Where I change Mission to Sarge?

Sorry for the noob question, this is all new to me.

Yes that is where you change Mission to Sarge. Basically everywhere it says Mission.

Hi
I uploaded this script last night, and I think I got everything right – But no:(

When I try to connect to the game it says something like ‘Private George Smith error’ and all I can do is disconnect.
Anyone have an Idea as to what I might have gotten wrong?

As soon as I reverted back to my old files (Mission, Server and BE) everything was OK again.

I'm trying to add more groups to a custom mission, and space them out from the center point of the mission.

Will this work?
Code:
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0),40,6,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server4.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0) + 50,90,6,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server4.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0) + 100,120,8,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server6.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0) + 150,170,10,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server6.sqf";//AI Guards

I think the format used, and correct me if I'm wrong, is:

coordinates/radius/waypoints/number of units/level of unit

I'm trying to add more groups to a custom mission, and space them out from the center point of the mission.

Will this work?
Code:
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0),40,6,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server4.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0) + 50,90,6,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server4.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0) + 100,120,8,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server6.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [(_coords select 0) + 150,170,10,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server6.sqf";//AI Guards

I think the format used, and correct me if I'm wrong, is:

coordinates/radius/waypoints/number of units/level of unit

Let Me know if this works. I have been trying to do the same thing and half the time the AI is not there.

This didn't work.

What I did was duplicate the line of code that spawns the AI group a few more times, and just increased their radius.

But I'd really love to know how to spawn the groups a certain distance from the mission center point.

Figured it out!

Code:
_aispawn = [[(_coords select 0) + 20, (_coords select 1) + 50,0],40,3,6,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server4.sqf";//AI Guards

Figured it out!

Code:
_aispawn = [[(_coords select 0) + 20, (_coords select 1) + 50,0],40,3,6,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server4.sqf";//AI Guards

And the numbers do what exactly? I see you added a different add_unit_server script too.

Back