[Release] DayZChernarus Mission System

Thanks for the missions :D
I have heavily modified them to actually get them to work on my server though, basically all vehicles where vanishing on every mission as soon as i got in them or after checking there inventory so i removed all vehicles and just added a few buildings in certain missions for something to be there.
Also i have had the problem where after death/respawn/relog you don't see the markers on the map, I noticed you changed the Exec call in the missions to have the remarkers/markers in a fixes folder and not the debug folder but you have not mentioned this in the readme on github, but would that actually change the way they show on the map after relog/death since it is still the same file just being called from a different location?
Finally on my local server i had no problems with the ammo crates spawning but on my live server they do not spawn but that may be because "Mission" was not changed to "Sarge" not sure really but i'll test and see next time i update.

If these few issues can be resolved this is a great addition to have on any server so thanks for sharing :D

So I made the adjustments for the syntax. Tested it and got 3 missions before it went dark. Didn't change anything...

Just added the updated Mission files and no markers are coming up for the missions. I also compared all the new files to the old ones and below is what I found...

In the Mission files and all that was changed was this:

[] execVM "fixes\remmarkers.sqf";
MissionGo = 0;
Ccoords = 0;
publicVariable "Ccoords";

Before the changes it looked like this:

[] execVM "debug\remmarkers.sqf";
MissionGo = 0;
Ccoords = 0;

As well as:

Ccoords = _coords;
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf";

to

Ccoords = _coords;
[] execVM "fixes\addmarkers.sqf";

I had already uploaded the pbo and restarted before I noticed the above change and had a feeling the markers wouldn't show. Some players on the serv just told me no markers for the 1st mission. There is no fixes folder for this script...and the remmarkers are in the debug folder.

Also, players just reported the time between missions is noticeably shorter. About ten minutes apart.

One thing I wanted to point out from the readme...

Says to find this:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

...and change it to blah blah.

I don't have that.

I have this:

if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n

I left it how I had it and assumed this was the correct thing to do. Just figured I'd mention it.

Also, the only customization I did to the fillboxes was remove some of the items. FYI.

hi should the cleanup line look like this if you have dynamic helis on?
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {" \n

I have had no issues with this SINCE I installed it on the date of my post, My server only runs for 2 hours before a restart but nonetheless works all the way up to those two hours

No issues with map markers,, my server is 1.7.7.1 update 3 per HFB

the reason map markers my not work is because the SM1 SM2 and so on in the mission folder the markers are set to fixes folder not debug fixes\addmarker not debug\addmarker one near top of the file one near the bottom of each SM1,2,3 bla bla

I have had no issues with this SINCE I installed it on the date of my post, My server only runs for 2 hours before a restart but nonetheless works all the way up to those two hours

No issues with map markers,, my server is 1.7.7.1 update 3 per HFB

Mine would be working too if I did a restart every 2 hours. Truth is, there 12 missions and most folks restart every 12.

You shouldn't have an issue with markers because the unedited version you got didn't have an issue with markers.

If you look in your Missions you should see:

NOT

[] execVM "fixes\addmarkers.sqf";

Correct me if I got even one thing wrong. Thanks.

------

EDIT:

We were only getting 3-4 missions. Just looking around I noticed this in the SMFinder.sqf:

if(isNil {ReAccur}) then { ReAccur = ["SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];};

I changed it to this:

if(isNil {ReAccur}) then { ReAccur = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];};

I made edits to both SMFinder.sqf's...Major and Minor.

So far we've had 5 missions which is the most yet. I'll reply tomorrow when I can get a better test in.

Yeah, I added the fixes path as my server has a different file structure. Updated the git with the correct file paths now...

Still testing the missions, but its difficult because if you don't test right from a restart the markers dissolve.

How/where do I extend the time so the markers stay visible longer?

Ok, to solve the problem of the marker not appearing after death and on login, you need to add these lines to the bottom of your mission.pbo init.sqf:

[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";

Ok, to solve the problem of the marker not appearing after death and on login, you need to add these lines to the bottom of your mission.pbo init.sqf:

[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";

This worked well. Thanks for the update.

got it to work eventually but i want to find some good ai values to make them a little bit harder, they seem a bit too slow, and get killed too fast by people on server. Does anyone have any good values for the ai ?

lazylink...I need to remove the Novy coords. When a mission goes off there it stops the script. I had a c130 mission there and couldn't complete it, marker is staying green.

Looked in the files and can't figure out where the missions spawn.

Gibt es eigentlich noch mehr Missionen für Dayz wie diese hier?

Is there really more missions for Dayz like this one?

lazylink...I need to remove the Novy coords. When a mission goes off there it stops the script. I had a c130 mission there and couldn't complete it, marker is staying green.

Looked in the files and can't figure out where the missions spawn.

i had this same issue untill we stood around and looked at all the buildings there, the mission would not complete untill all bandits (some ran into the woods around the city) were dead, got into all 3 vehicles (which spawn glitched into the buildings to the right of the nose of the c130) checked the loot in the 2 crates on the other side of the orange building, and then finally ran inside the c130. after that it said the survivors won and the mission marker left. hope this helps

i had this same issue untill we stood around and looked at all the buildings there, the mission would not complete untill all bandits (some ran into the woods around the city) were dead, got into all 3 vehicles (which spawn glitched into the buildings to the right of the nose of the c130) checked the loot in the 2 crates on the other side of the orange building, and then finally ran inside the c130. after that it said the survivors won and the mission marker left. hope this helps

Unfortunately this doesn't help. Appreciated nonetheless. But yeah, we did all that. In my case the C130 was partially inside one of those brick houses. Wonder if that had something to do with it. There was a hmv inside an adjoining wall as well. Just a bad spot. A few hundred meters back is nice open land and was hoping to get that mission to spawn there instead if right in the town inside buildings.

anyone run it on 1.7.6.1 and succeed?
how long does the mission take to start after the server start?
i got nothing happened here

Back