[Release] DayZChernarus Mission System

Sorry Dusty, been rather busy and I didn't see your question. One work around would be to set a new center marker and reference it in the mission files. Get the coords from a location somewhere close to Novy and define them in the mission.sqm. I am going to be pushing an updated system to the git in the next few days with most of these bugs fixed!

Again sorry if you felt a bit ignored!

No problem man, I realize posts get lost in the pages. Chalk it up to collateral damage. I do appreciate the help.

I'm bad at co-ords. Say I want to bump this 100 meters north...where exactly would I make this adjustment?

[getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0]

In your mission.sqm. There is a class for markers inside there and you will find the center listed amoung them. Just dupe it and change the coords there.

In your mission.sqm. There is a class for markers inside there and you will find the center listed amoung them. Just dupe it and change the coords there.

I have this as my 1s entry in Class Markers...

class Item0
{
position[]={7839.6055,381.33774,8414.7324};
name="center";
type="Empty";
};

Your not being clear. "Just dupe it and change it there" makes no sense. I dupe the above to where...another entry? Do I change the above co-ords? What about this from the missions?

[getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0]

I need specific and exact directions. This is an ongoing problem.

You seem like a nice guy Lazylink and I definitely appreciate the script. I am grateful. I hope you take this as constructive criticism: out of all the scripts I've installed...this one has given me the most problems. Its not because its a complicated script like Sarge is, its just the installation notes have been consistently bad. 1st it was the poor notes on Sarge entries, then it was the markers issue, then it was the SM1/SM2 thing and the Novy bug which you said was a known bug. I mean, it a month later and we got SA on the horizon and still no precise resolution for the Novy bug which was known about pre-release.

Dusty,

while I appreciate your comments, I remind you that I do this for free, on my own time. I didn't know the first thing about ARMA scripting until six months ago and it has been a learning experience for me. If you took the time to read some of the scripting tutorials and other posts on these forums, maybe you would start to understand the code and fix it yourself. I have seen many posts on this very thread that state the mission system installs without issue.

Of course there will be bugs, and depending on what other scripts you have installed, these may cause issue with the mission system. I have been working on an updated script to try fix some of these issues, but as I am still learning the code, this takes time! Also, buggy DayZ mod is buggy.

So I'm sorry that I haven't given you "specific and exact directions ," but the things you are asking require 2 seconds to Google/search these forums and find the solution to.

Dusty,

while I appreciate your comments, I remind you that I do this for free, on my own time.

I understand that and appreciate that, but if you got time to release something that doesn't mean integrity goes out the window. Why not do it right from the beginning? Why release it w/o fixing the Novy bug? It crashes the script. The SM1/SM2 thing should have been in there from the start. That crashes the script. The markers were bugged rendering the script pointless. The Sarge installation instructions were wrong as well.

I didn't know the first thing about ARMA scripting until six months ago and it has been a learning experience for me. If you took the time to read some of the scripting tutorials and other posts on these forums, maybe you would start to understand the code and fix it yourself. I have seen many posts on this very thread that state the mission system installs without issue.

So what, I need to learn how to write scripts to install a script? If that was even remotely the case, there would never be instructions for any scripts on this entire site. None. The constructive criticism obviously hurt your feelings. I have no idea why that would be, as you have no case to be hurt. I'm insulted by the I should read some posts comment. I've read almost every related thread to dayz on this entire site. Your release had 5 things wrong with it, how is that my fault?

I did fix it myself. I fixed the SM1/SM2 issue, I fixed your instructions on where exactly to add 'Sarge' because your initial instructions were inaccurate...see post#19. I found the markers bug.

So I'm sorry that I haven't given you "specific and exact directions ," but the things you are asking require 2 seconds to Google/search these forums and find the solution to.

No they don't require 2 seconds of google to find. If that was the case it wouldn't have taken me days of waiting for replies and sifting through the forum to find the original thread; found here...post #4

http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/

...and read its entire contents to find out that the only reason SM1/Sm2 was removed from the original different script was because the rewards were OP. That's not a 2 second google. I didn't know there was another thread on this either...it wasn't linked. Like I'm supposed to magically know this stuff? Oo swami...I see a thread covered in mist, on this very site...all will be revealed. When I found that thread it was like 4th or 5th page back from the front. I think your more interested in getting "releases" out there instead of releasing something that works with basic proper instructions.

I ask simple question on how to get this 100 meters north to fix the Novy bug which has been there all along and I get a long winded response a month later, about how I should learn to script, 2 second google, and the tragedy of free time.

You said here...a month ago...

That Novy spawn is a bug, and not sure as to why it keeps happening...

How come that wasn't a 2 second google for you? But now you got the fix of "just dupe it and change it there"...dupe what I have in line one of Class Markers to where? What exactly do I change? How do I get it 100 meters north in Novy? It crashes the script. All simple questions. Is it possible to get simple basic answers?

There is no fix from what I can see. It is a bug. The upcoming release will try to solve this.

So what, I need to learn how to write scripts to install a script?
An understanding of how ARMA scripting works is always helpful before installing any of the scripts on your server, so I wouldn't say you need to be able to write them, but at least be able to understand what is happening.

I think your more interested in getting "releases" out there instead of releasing something that works with basic proper instructions.
This was my first release, and I only released it as there seemed to be an interest in the system for Chernarus.
How come that wasn't a 2 second google for you?
As I stated, I am still quite new to the ARMA scripting system, and I am still learning.
So I suggest you wait for the next release when the bugs will hopefully be fixed.

An understanding of how ARMA scripting works is always helpful before installing any of the scripts on your server, so I wouldn't say you need to be able to write them, but at least be able to understand what is happening

Your posturing right now. How do I not know what's happening? Your seriously insulting my character and integrity. Why are you telling me to have a basic knowledge of whats happening when I'm the guy who helped craft the install instructions through my experience, testing, inquiry and effort? The knowledge you gained over the last 6 months didn't help you craft basic/working installation instructions. Practice what your preach brother. I'm pretty familiar with whats going on and I've only been playing the game 7 months and less than 3 doing anything with scripts. What I've learned is one has to be precise and exact, hence my inquiries.

This was my first release, and I only released it as there seemed to be an interest in the system for Chernarus

I applaud you for the release...its a great script. Everybody loves it. Its a learning experience for sure. Just next time test the install from bare bones and make easier directions. That's all I'm saying. I know some people got it working as is, but the truth is a massive amount of people use Sarge. 60 pages and 1200 install thread posts...its so massive its got its own forum. It can't be ignored. Food for thought...

You gave me some sort of fix for the Novy issue. I want to try it but not sure exactly what you want me to do. Just give me some more details and I'll test it out. No big whoop.

Sorry if my tone went into the red, but I am a bit frustrated and don't really appreciate being talked down to. No hard feelings.

and This mod has many things that get info from other places its easy to forget things while doing the code i have had this running for a while and has worked fine the marker fix was easy and the install instructions from OP put this on my server fine with a bit of changes to the script so point to right files that is basic and is same for most scripts as have diff folders set up great mod keep it up and Dusty if you do not like it take it out and do the script your self

Dusty if you do not like it take it out and do the script your self

Another follower of nonsenseism.

This script didn't work right when I got into it and my work made IT work and is now part of the official instructions. My self did that. Just keep the rubbish moving and take those recycles on your way out.

if this is so is that what this is for to find bugs and help the person fix them I am sure as you have said about sarge's work he has people to help him with finding bugs like every game and addons even the pros get it wrong COD bugged to fuck Halo glitches to be found all over yet they have teams paid to find them even after bata tests i am sure Lazyink is happy that you helped in finding bugs but crying about why he makes a fix for them again it maybe slow but it in his free time just look at Dayz itself full of bugs with a team working on it and yet bugs from when it was first made still there so getting shitty about a addon for a buggy game is stupid

Congratulations for this script, keep up the good work!!! Its working for me but i have 2 issues:

Mission in novy: ai spawn and die (maybe crates explodes?)

2nd: is there any way to set timer for mission popup? Users in my server says about missions take too long to start. Any help will be welcome.

to change the time it takes for a new mission go to SMGoMajor.sqf and SMGoMinor.sqf

in there change _wait = [####,####] call fnc_hTime;

the # is time in seconds first is fixed time second is random time so a example would be
[120,60] would be every 2mins to 3mins so will always be 2mins then will add a random time upto 60 seconds

hope this helps working on Novy fix atm

ok got the Novy sorted have done about 10 missions there and all good pm me if you want to know how im away this weekend so be able to help from phone at points but monday be back at pc to help

Those that deserve it? So you've assumed a role of power now? You decide who is worthy, am I getting this right? You just gave instructions on how to change the time which is a modification of the original code. Essentially, contradicting yourself.

The Novy issue is a bug and there is no chance in hell the OP would oppose it being fixed [where do you get this stuff I have no idea]. Bug's aren't intended, you do understand that concept right? I posted my modifications to code immediately because its about making IT work.

You come in here and stir up a beef over a disagreement that's already been squashed [you didn't even read the entire thread to know what the disagreement was really over anyway...if you had, you never would have put yourself out there], then issue fixes out via pm to those that deserve it? Those that deserve it are anybody on the board especially those that put in work to get this fully working and shared those results with the community at large which was done out of integrity.

Yes I have read all of this and I have seen other posts that you put up and it seems you don't really understand how scripts work example the sky write as one also the time is not modifying code just time between mission starts and you say bugs are not done purposely but yet you cry like hell at someone who has put up code that would have taken along time to do and also then you have ago about who I want to tell my fix to maybe I don't want a cry baby going on at me when they don't understand the fix and has not worked for them

Yes I have read all of this and I have seen other posts that you put up and it seems you don't really understand how scripts work example the sky write as one also the time is not modifying code just time between mission starts and you say bugs are not done purposely but yet you cry like hell at someone who has put up code that would have taken along time to do and also then you have ago about who I want to tell my fix to maybe I don't want a cry baby going on at me when they don't understand the fix and has not worked for them

So now I have to know how to write code to understand how scripts work? Yet, I seem to find my way around scripts fine enough to troubleshoot them and make them work, I can also install them with little to no problem if the directions are clear.

The Skywrite thing I mean come on man, I asked a question on a possible function. How does that translate to me not understanding how scripts work? It relates to me not knowing all the capabilities of the game and not knowing how to write code...that's it. Anyway, if you read the last post, he said it might be possible so you just shot yourself in the foot again...see post #12.

Changing a numerical value is changing part of the code. It might not be ALL the code, but its part of it. When I found the fix for all the missions to go off; this is an issue everyone would experience Sarge or no Sarge, there was a missing part of code, the SM1/SM2 thing. I found that fix and posted it immediately. Was there any complaints from anybody? No.

I spoke my mind [didn't know that was a crime] and that translates to crying like hell? One solitary engagement with a contributor and I'm crying? A bit over the top no?

If you want to stay with facts, the OP didn't write the code. Its someone else's code adjusted with Chernarus co-ords. Does that qualify as taking a long time? I'm definitely grateful for the script and to the OP for doing what was needed to do to get this over to Chernarus, but lets be real here...it wasn't a lengthy process like it was for the coder to write it. In fact, this script has been heavily neglected [no prob, maybe OP is busy...no big deal] and relied on the community for support, so lets get off that tip asap. So lets start a gripe with someone who got it working, makes sense.

Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but some sort of English sense is in order. Good start is using sentence theory, basic level grade 3-5. Another is using discernible word logic. Like I don't understand this sentence at all...

Timmy_kirton said:
I don't want a cry baby going on at me when they don't understand the fix and has not worked for them

When they don't understand the fix...how do you know that?

and has not worked for them...shouldn't there be an 'it' in there? Not worked for whom? What does that mean? Are you saying there is a fix that didn't work for me because I didn't understand the fix?

What this pm me business is, is you don't like me and want to keep the Novy fix out of my hands. Yet you hide under the I don't want to put up changed code...OP....blab blag, like a scared kitten hiding behind a monitor. Your already hiding behind a monitor, why not say what you mean? What's really going on here is you want to start a beef and flex your nerd powers as you see fit. I don't see how you have legs to stand on if you read this entire thread. If your too lazy to make sense and use basic grammar, just like a period every now and then...that tells me your too lazy to read everything that happened here.

I'm doing work that helps others no matter who it is, your doing work and dishing it to those you deem worthy. Whatever kid, do whatever you want. Good way to promote community.

25 years old acting like an 12 year old. Impressive stuff. Reply and have your last paragraph sized run-on sentence, I'm done.

Back