[Release] Fred's Anti-Zombie Frequency Emitter (AKA Zombie Shield)

Below is from around line 224 in scripts.txt

5 "vehicle player setpos _pos;"
5 "marker2 setMarkerPosLocal (getPos veh)" !""gcam_c" setMarkerPosLocal [_sm_cp select 0, _sm_cp select 1];"
1 "private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy =" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onLBSelChanged\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy = [_this,\"onLBListSelChanged\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf\";" !"private [\"_dummy\"]; _dummy =

You could try changing that second line to
Code:
5 "marker2 setMarkerPosLocal (getPos veh)" !""gcam_c" setMarkerPosLocal [_sm_cp select 0, _sm_cp select 1];" !"_zombies = (getPosATL _shield) nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",20];"

I'm not positive this is the solution but it is the only part of the script I see related to those restrictions.

Try:
Code:
!"fixes\zombieshield.sqf"

Ok, just got kicked again for setDamage #1

03.06.2013 20:40:46: PLAYERUNKNOWN- #1 1.000000 5:626 zZombie_Base

Going to set it to log for the time being! Hopefully my anti-hacks will keep anything bad from happening...

Try:

Code:
!"fixes\zombieshield.sqf"

Ok, just got kicked again for setDamage #1

03.06.2013 20:40:46: PLAYERUNKNOWN- #1 1.000000 5:626 zZombie_Base

Going to set it to log for the time being! Hopefully my anti-hacks will keep anything bad from happening...

Are you running your zombieshield.sqf from a folder named fixes? If you went by the tutorial, your zombieshield.sqf would be in a folder named scripts. That would mean the exception should say
Code:
!"scripts\zombieshield.sqf"
If you want, try this and let me know if it works.

hey Fred,
First of all thx for the script. This is awesome work, you´ve done there.
Using the script at DayZ Epoch, running perfectly.
Now I gotta ask you, if there is or would be a possibility to set the time higher, than 3 minutes.??
BECAUSE of following possible Situation:
Got a broken Truck, need about double the time or around about 7 minutes to completly fix it up,
with engine, 4 tires, fuel parts and body and not get eaten up by all that walks or crawls.
If you know what I mean. ^^
So that would be really great, if this can be done.

OH FREDRICK, what do you think about this:

bait bomb. plant it like a satchel charge, and whoever was in the radius would be hit, when you detonated it. just change the code from being hit with damage to being hit with zombie bait spray. juice, attractant whatever you wanna call it. make the bomb attach to an object, or something you put on the ground. Zombie Bait Car Bomb. Zombie Bait Missle launcher that when the missle explodes it sprays the attractant in a radius.. so many different things you can do with that.. Tweak the code for tagging someone as friendly and attaching the red orb to planting zombie bait on a target you knocked out?

hey Fred,
First of all thx for the script. This is awesome work, you´ve done there.
Using the script at DayZ Epoch, running perfectly.
Now I gotta ask you, if there is or would be a possibility to set the time higher, than 3 minutes.??
BECAUSE of following possible Situation:
Got a broken Truck, need about double the time or around about 7 minutes to completly fix it up,
with engine, 4 tires, fuel parts and body and not get eaten up by all that walks or crawls.
If you know what I mean. ^^
So that would be really great, if this can be done.

If you time it right you could sneakily place another bait down before the first one runs out and then all of the zombies will move to that one. :p If you would like to set the time higher, you can and it is very simple. If you open up zombiebait.sqf, you will see the following code.
Code:
sleep 120;
titleText ["You're Zombie Bait is gone.","PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFadeOut 5;
deleteVehicle _createBait;
That sleep command is how long, in seconds, the bait stays on the ground before it is deleted (consumed by zombies). It is defaulted to 2 minutes. However, if you wanted it to stay down for 7 minutes, you could change it to
Code:
sleep 420;
titleText ["You're Zombie Bait is gone.","PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFadeOut 5;
deleteVehicle _createBait;

OH FREDRICK, what do you think about this:

bait bomb. plant it like a satchel charge, and whoever was in the radius would be hit, when you detonated it. just change the code from being hit with damage to being hit with zombie bait spray. juice, attractant whatever you wanna call it. make the bomb attach to an object, or something you put on the ground. Zombie Bait Car Bomb. Zombie Bait Missle launcher that when the missle explodes it sprays the attractant in a radius.. so many different things you can do with that.. Tweak the code for tagging someone as friendly and attaching the red orb to planting zombie bait on a target you knocked out?

Thank you for thorough explanation of how I could make this work. I just copy and pasted that whole post and tried to run it as a .sqf but it didn't work for some reason, haha. :p I have a lot of things in development currently and even more ideas waiting to be developed. Similar ideas to this have already crossed my mind and I hope to release an update for zombie bait pretty soon with some new features.

Thanks ,it works fine.Now I gotta ask you, if there is or would be a possibility too,to set the time higher, for Fred's Anti-Zombie Frequency Emitter ?

Thanks ,it works fine.Now I gotta ask you, if there is or would be a possibility too,to set the time higher, for Fred's Anti-Zombie Frequency Emitter ?

In your zombieshield.sqf you will see the following code.
Code:
_timeplay = 18;
This means that the loop will run 18 times and the loop is 10 seconds long. So _timplay actually equals 18 x 10. The outcome of 180 is how many seconds the script will run for. You can change the _timeplay to whatever you would like.

Are you running your zombieshield.sqf from a folder named fixes? If you went by the tutorial, your zombieshield.sqf would be in a folder named scripts.

I am running from a folder called fixes as I like keeping everything inside the one folder!

WE HAVE LIFT OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

everything A-OK.... great add on to the server... Keep it up..... Teach me.. LoL,, Im a BEAST>>>>>>> LoL

anyone have issues with this and serverside antihacks?

had a guy drop one as a test and then he got booted (bad filter on my part) and then no one else could log in after that til we reset it

wicked script love it, I have a community base for the members on my server with the new 1.7.7 patch as soon as 1 or 2 members are in the CB it's overloaded with Z's. this would be the perfect solution to have as a permanent fixing in the CB. i see it was something you was thinking of implementing, can it be done you feel ?.... maybe something that isn't for members to lay just admin to place down ?

Back