[Release] Fred's Dead Player Journal (Study Body Replacement)

Fred, got a question...

Study body is being addressed in the 1.7.7 update. When the game gets updated, how will this effect those that use this script?

There is also a teleport fix for Hero skin in 1.7.7 I believe. Will the fix in your Wardrobe script have any negative effect as well when the update is released?

Study body is being addressed in the 1.7.7 update. When the game gets updated, how will this effect those that use this script?

You can either choose to use the new default study body function by changing the path back to the study_body.sqf from dayz_code or you could continue to use my version by keeping the path to fixes\study_body.sqf.

There is also a teleport fix for Hero skin in 1.7.7 I believe. Will the fix in your Wardrobe script have any negative effect as well when the update is released?

If the fix implemented in 1.7.7 actually fixes the change skin glitches, then you can just remove the old fix. It won't be necessary anymore.

i haven't implemented this yet(i think i will :) but will it be possible to make it appear in the center or left corner of the screen ? since there is a debug monitor in the upper right corner.

It will be nice, if we could see the temperature to know when he was killed, from what he died.

But nice script !!

I had an issue when I put this in, everyone on the server noticed that their food bar was pitch black and would not show loss of any food whatsoever. Is there anything that could cause it to be conflicting that way?

I'm on a dayz.st server running bliss, and have auto refuel, full moon nights, clear roads, custom heli/building loot and a few others if you need to know what else just let me know please.

Is it possible to have the journal appear in a different location? Like the bottom right hand corner instaed. I have a custom debug that doesn't allow the journal to appear in the upper right hand corner. Thanks

Hey guys! I just want to start by saying thanks for all of the support you guys show me when I release new content. Now, I have decided not to bother making any changes to this addon because I have just read about some new content that will be added to DayZ mod in Version 1.7.7. I believe that the debug monitor will be getting replaced by a player Journal to make stat tracking more immersive. The update is planned to be released this upcoming Monday. Once it is released and I have a chance to look over the new code, I will look into expanding further on my original idea of finding dead player's journals. :)

thats awesome, any chance of adding the body temp from the other study body post, or shall i do it? :p

edit: read your post above lol Ill just throw the code up then seeing as its all gonna be replaced next update

Freds awesome code added to the other guys cool body temp code

Their name was Gorsy, The body is slightly warm, It appears there is a journal on the body

Code:
 private ["_body", "_name", "_kills", "_killsH", "_killsB", "_headShots", "_humanity","_temp","_diff","_dateNow","_deathTime","_body","_name","_method","_methodStr"];

_body =    _this select 3;
_name =    _body getVariable["bodyName","unknown"];
_method =    _body getVariable["deathType","unknown"];
_deathTime =    _body getVariable["deathTime",-1];
_methodStr = localize format ["str_death_%1",_method];

//diag_log ("STUDY: deathtime " +str(_deathTime));
if (_deathTime < 0) then {
    _temp = "unknown";
} else {
    _dateNow = (DateToNumber date);
    _diff = (_dateNow - _deathTime) * 525948;

_temp = "The body is freezing";

if ( _diff < 30 ) then {
        _temp = "The body is cold";
    };

if ( _diff < 15 ) then {
        _temp = "The body is slightly warm";
    };

if ( _diff < 5 ) then {
        _temp = "The body is still warm";
    };
};
cutText [format["Their name was %1. %2. It appears there is a journal on the body.",_name,_temp], "PLAIN DOWN"];

_body = _this select 3;
_name = _body getVariable ["bodyName","unknown"];
_kills = _body getVariable ["zombieKills",0];
_killsH = _body getVariable ["humanKills",0];
_killsB = _body getVariable ["banditKills",0];
_headShots = _body getVariable ["headShots",0];
_humanity = _body getVariable ["humanity",0];

hint parseText format["
<t size='1.5' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>%1's Journal</t><br/><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Zombies Killed: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%2</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Murders: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%3</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Bandits Killed: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%4</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Headshots: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%5</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Humanity: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%6</t><br/>",
_name,_kills,_killsH,_killsB,_headShots,_humanity];
    sleep 5;

Not checked that the code above works 100% the temp works fine as does the pop up for the hint screen but my panthera map has a constant debug, due to implementing old dayz code to fix the loot issues on that map. but i can see the hint monitor popping up then being overwritten by my debug straight away. So if the figures are messed up, lemme know and ill adjust it so it does work. It will only be a case of adjusting where it calls for the %1's etc in the journal, as there are extra varibles higher up in the script :p

Not checked that the code above works 100% the temp works fine as does the pop up for the hint screen but my panthera map has a constant debug, due to implementing old dayz code to fix the loot issues on that map. but i can see the hint monitor popping up then being overwritten by my debug straight away. So if the figures are messed up, lemme know and ill adjust it so it does work. It will only be a case of adjusting where it calls for the %1's etc in the journal, as there are extra varibles higher up in the script :p

I have a permanent debug too. I'm going to try this, I think it should do the trick;

replace
Code:
hint parseText format["
<t size='1.5' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>%1's Journal</t><br/><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Zombies Killed: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%2</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Murders: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%3</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Bandits Killed: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%4</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Headshots: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%5</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='left'>Humanity: </t><t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' align='right'>%6</t><br/>",
_name,_kills,_killsH,_killsB,_headShots,_humanity];
    sleep 5;

with
Code:
cutText [format["Zombie Kills: %1, Murders: %2, Bandit Kills: %3, Humanity: %4.",_kills,_killsH,_killsB,_humanity], "PLAIN DOWN"];
sleep 5;

Back