[Release] Fred's Wardrobe v1.0.2

That's a DayZ bug that happens often while changing skins. It isn't anything caused by my addon and I'm not sure if there is a fix for it.

here are my working mission and server. thx if you would look at it :)

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    577.5 KB · Views: 16
  • dayz_server.pbo
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
Really like this script. Thanks for putting it together, fred.

One question. I added additional skins that work, but the menu option only goes from 0-9 before changing to different keyboard keys like tab, backspace or whateveer. Any way to add additional numbers? Using anything after 9 doesn't work.

I wanted to you to upload your "broken" files from when you attempted to add my wardrobe addon. That way I could tell you what you had missed and you could correct it. I'm assuming that since you have sent me your working files, without my addon in them, that you want me to install it for you. I'm trying to stay away from having to do this. Next time you have an issue please upload your "broken" files. I will correctly add my wardrobe into your working files this one time only.

Here are your server and mission files with my wardrobe installed correctly. I have never test my addon for functionality with Lingor Island before. So, if this still doesn't work we may need to look further into the issue.

Attachments

• dayz_mission (ray).pbo
    592.8 KB · Views: 23
  • dayz_server (ray).pbo
    65.3 KB · Views: 16
Really like this script. Thanks for putting it together, fred.

One question. I added additional skins that work, but the menu option only goes from 0-9 before changing to different keyboard keys like tab, backspace or whateveer. Any way to add additional numbers? Using anything after 9 doesn't work.

Yes, and it is quite simple but will take a bit of editing on your part. :)

Step 1: Open your wardrobe folder and find wardrobe_main.sqf.

Step 2: Open wardrobe_main.sqf and locate the menu that you wish to add more clothing options to.

Step 3: At the bottom of the menu you are going to add another line of code to make it look like this:
Code:
["", [-1], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
    ["Next page", [12], "#USER:NameofNewMenu", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
    ["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
This allows you to add another page to your menu.

Step 4: In that code you have just added. Where it says "Name of New Menu" you will put whatever you want to call the next menu. This will have to match the name you use in the next step.

Step 5: Under the "];" at the bottom of the menu you are going to add
Code:
NameofNewMenu =
[
    ["",true],
And then you can add up to 9 more clothing options on the next page. You can add as many pages as want as long as you repeat these steps for each one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an example of a menu with 2 pages.

Code:
WardrobeMenu =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Hero", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"hero.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Male Suvivor", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"survivor_male.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Male Bandit", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"bandit_male.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Female Suvivor", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"survivor_female.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Female Bandit", [6],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"bandit_female.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Camo", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"camo.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Ghillie", [8],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"ghille.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Soldier", [9],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"soldier.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Rocket", [10],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"rocket.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
            ["Next page", [12], "#USER:WardrobeMenu2", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];
WardrobeMenu2 =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Desert Soldier", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"desert_soldier.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Rocket", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"desert_rocket.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Russian Soldier", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"russian_soldier.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Russian MVD", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"russian_mvd.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Spetsnaz SpecOps", [6],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"spetsnaz_specops.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Chernarus Defense", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"chernarus_defense.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Chernarus Militia", [8],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"chernarus_militia.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Chernarus Rebel", [9],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"chernarus_rebel.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Ghost", [10],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript2,"ghost.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

If you need anymore guidance, just let me know.

I wanted to you to upload your "broken" files from when you attempted to add my wardrobe addon. That way I could tell you what you had missed and you could correct it. I'm assuming that since you have sent me your working files, without my addon in them, that you want me to install it for you. I'm trying to stay away from having to do this. Next time you have an issue please upload your "broken" files. I will correctly add my wardrobe into your working files this one time only.
im sorry can upload the broken files if you want. have tryed many times to install it.

Here are your server and mission files with my wardrobe installed correctly. I have never test my addon for functionality with Lingor Island before. So, if this still doesn't work we may need to look further into the issue.
oh. realy it works. and then you have confirmed it works for lingor. i most have do somthing wrong

i just found out if you change to the us soldier skin it gives you a radio too in the inventar... which is not spawning in dayz currently...
so my TSW admin tool is alarmed every time this happens...

any suggestions?

i just found out if you change to the us soldier skin it gives you a radio too in the inventar... which is not spawning in dayz currently...
so my TSW admin tool is alarmed every time this happens...

any suggestions?

You would have to either remove the skin from the menu or remove the radio from the banned weapons list on your TSW. Some skins automatically come with radios and I don't know of a way to stop this. I already had the radio unbanned from my TSW because I am using Sarge's AI and some of the AI will spawn with radios.

i have unbanned it already...

i have read in another read that these skins also come with maps, compass etc?
some add this stuff on the next login...

i have to test this if it happens with the used skins too

one of my players told me yesterday that he was get kicked up in the air and died on the impact back on ground as he tried to change the clothes near the coast...
he tried again.... near the coast... same problem...

havent tried it yet on my own...

one of my players told me yesterday that he was get kicked up in the air and died on the impact back on ground as he tried to change the clothes near the coast...
he tried again.... near the coast... same problem...

havent tried it yet on my own...

Sounds like it could be caused by the skin change/teleport bug that came with 1.7.6.1. Have you implemented the fix for it yet? If not, check this out.

http://opendayz.net/threads/bugs-with-dayz-1-7-6-1-or-just-me.8204/page-3

Follow the tutorial in post #47.

This worked the first time I installed it, but the next day the Wardrobe function won't execute. It comes up on the screen, but when you click it nothing happens. Nothing was changed from one day to the next. Any ideas?

This worked the first time I installed it, but the next day the Wardrobe function won't execute. It comes up on the screen, but when you click it nothing happens. Nothing was changed from one day to the next. Any ideas?

make sure you dont join the server first. ive noticed it doesnt pop up sometimes when i am joining the server first, guess it doesnt get enough time to execute the menu when im in the dayz screen. think all you have to do it alter the time to wait but thats silly just abort and it will be back on join.

make sure you dont join the server first. ive noticed it doesnt pop up sometimes when i am joining the server first, guess it doesnt get enough time to execute the menu when im in the dayz screen. think all you have to do it alter the time to wait but thats silly just abort and it will be back on join.

The option always pops up for the Wardrobe when you use the scroll wheel. The problem is when you try to execute the Wardrobe option on screen nothing happens. Its failing to execute the pop up Wardrobe option.

The option always pops up for the Wardrobe when you use the scroll wheel. The problem is when you try to execute the Wardrobe option on screen nothing happens. Its failing to execute the pop up Wardrobe option.

How about try reinstalling it. sounds like you borked something and didnt notice.

How about try reinstalling it. sounds like you borked something and didnt notice.

This is where it gets really weird. The exact same files work on my testing server. The testing server is my spare home PC running the DayZ Control Center. The main server also runs the DayZ CC on a dedicated server. Makes no sense to me.

This is where it gets really weird. The exact same files work on my testing server. The testing server is my spare home PC running the DayZ Control Center. The main server also runs the DayZ CC on a dedicated server. Makes no sense to me.

I figured out the problem. Thanks for the help.

Fred, is there a way I can make certain skins available for certain players? I'm part of a MilSim and we want non-officers to wear different unis but be able to switch between civilian clothing as well.

Back