[Release] Sector FNG Inland Version

Excellent base thanks for sharing, I've added it to our Chernarus server but have got DZAI bandits staticly spawned there protecting the loot instead of Sarge AI!....cheers:)

Excellent base thanks for sharing, I've added it to our Chernarus server but have got DZAI bandits staticly spawned there protecting the loot instead of Sarge AI!....cheers:)

Would you be willing to share? If not I understand. I'm wanting to do the same just having a little trouble. I've been avoiding AI for a long time but this building set is perfect for it :)

Would you be willing to share? If not I understand. I'm wanting to do the same just having a little trouble. I've been avoiding AI for a long time but this building set is perfect for it :)

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dzai-lite-dynamic-ai-package.11116/page-11

I've posted some pastebins of markers and world_chernarus in that thread as someone else asked the same thing in there so you should be able to get everything running with those,any problems give me a shout :D

All depends on what AI you want to add to the server m8. Baseline has went with DZAI and I went with Sarge AI. Both similar AI wise only I prefer Sarge mainly because I can lower the skill level of the soldiers so I can add 55 semi-skilled soldiers and not 12 autoaim headshot ai lol. I dont know if you can do this with DZA but in Sarge you can give "Fortify" commands, So they find the nearest building and fortify it mean the AI I have climb the apartments, etc

All depends on what AI you want to add to the server m8. Baseline has went with DZAI and I went with Sarge AI. Both similar AI wise only I prefer Sarge mainly because I can lower the skill level of the soldiers so I can add 55 semi-skilled soldiers and not 12 autoaim headshot ai lol. I dont know if you can do this with DZA but in Sarge you can give "Fortify" commands, So they find the nearest building and fortify it mean the AI I have climb the apartments, etc

Hey Paddy, you can alter the skill levels in DZAI: https://github.com/dayzai/DayZBanditAI/blob/master/DZAI/init/dzai_variables.sqf

Not sure if there's a fortify command, but I notice the AI can get quite crafty in the proper environment (they like to climb ladders too).

:)

Okay, weird bug I have with the ammo crates:

Lets say one box has nothing but a Pistol in it, you go up and take it out. Then walk over to the other side and go back into gear, the pistol is back... walk back to the original side and its gone again.

From what our tests can tell each box has 4 sides with their own gear, so everything I put in there is in there potentially 4 times. I tried changing the box model to see if that was it but its not.

Any ideas?

its epoch, ive been playing around with it, i removed all loot except for a bandage, and was able to get 2 distinct entry points, I recorded a quick video of it, notice as I move around you can see the "Take XXX" changing to show the two spawn points. I know I have seen more than 2 before though.... its odd ill admit.

I wonder if its spawning more than one in the same place.

UPDATE: As i was posting this I had an idea... I have an antihack with admin tools that can delete items like this, so i went in and tried it:

My ammo crates are spawning three times... here is my crates.sqf: http://pastebin.com/0DmX0mDZ

any ideas would be awesome!

thanks,

EDIT: removed video so i could get rid of it from my youtube channel, im a neat freak on things like that

Maybe the Crates boxes are spawning everytime someone enters the server? So its execing the code again?

Try Putting

Code:
if (isServer) then {

At Top

and

Code:
};

at Bottom

If that doesnt work im lost :) Does Sector FNG buildings spawn ontop of eachother too? and where are you execing the code from? I dont use epoch so dont know the setup.

Maybe the Crates boxes are spawning everytime someone enters the server? So its execing the code again?

Try Putting

Code:
if (isServer) then {

At Top

and

Code:
};

at Bottom

If that doesnt work im lost :) Does Sector FNG buildings spawn ontop of eachother too? and where are you execing the code from? I dont use epoch so dont know the setup.

yeah that was it, must have been in your original crates and i deleted, it was spawning new crates for each player who joined the server.

also explains why i saw 4 one night, then two when i recorded video... then 3 when i went in to test the delete function. and one dude swears he found 5.... craziness.

Thanks!

Can u upload the SQF file and the BIEDI file for the buildings :) so i can open it in the editor ? or do u not want to me to do that ?

I had the same problems on my server. I´m very happy to see this solution.

My crate.sqf looks like this at the beginning ... and end of file...
I´m a noob to this topic, but is it correctly written like this:
The { are confusing me....

Code:
//Beginning

if (isServer) then {
_vehicle_103769 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["TKVehicleBox_EP1", [6660.3984, 14177.261], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_103769 = _this;
  _this setDir -182.5;

///////////////////////////////////////
//End

_this setPos [6668.1357, 14121.218];
};
};

if (isServer) then {
_vehicle_103769 = objNull;
if (true) then
{

Does anyone already tried to make the same (coord migration) for other maps like panthera ?
Is there a simple way to migrate it ?

Anyway, great job !!! My players are enjoying it ;)

Best way is if op allows us to use the original sqf and beidi file, then you can cut and paste and also move around the map.

I would personally really appreciate this as it would allow me to put in a few bits without guessing the placement.

Or if anyone knows a converter out there that actually works x

Back