[Request] Zone base warning/kill

I am not sure how to make a zone/dome
that does this
Tells the people inside that a player has entered the zone

I am not sure how to make a zone/dome
that does this
Tells the people inside that a player has entered the zone
The dome script doesn't tell the players inside the dome that a person has entered. The dome script tells the unauthorized player he/she has entered a restricted area.

I used this: http://dayz.st/w/Protected_Dome

Follow these instruction word for word and line by line to create a dome that will protect player bases from thieves, bandits, and looters (thieves disgust me, and are perma banned on my server).

The dome script doesn't tell the players inside the dome that a person has entered. The dome script tells the unauthorized player he/she has entered a restricted area.

I used this: http://dayz.st/w/Protected_Dome

Follow these instruction word for word and line by line to create a dome that will protect player bases from thieves, bandits, and looters (thieves disgust me, and are perma banned on my server).

I might got something working for what i said eairler

I have the same problem listed a few times in here. I followed the instructions perfectly but nothing happens.

This is on version 1.8.1.

The one thing that stands out is the the mission.sqm has none of the other stuff the threads post. Did something get changed in 1.8.1?

Does someone have it working in that version and could post me their files?

In terms of just adding it, I figured it out. You need to go into the server files and find a full copy of the missions.sqm file. Then put that file with a b at the end in your mission file. change the missions.sqm file to point to this one instead of the one in the server folders.

The mission PBO should come from your server host file structure. MPmission<<<dayz_mission (for DayZ.st, Bliss) or dayz1_chernarus (HFB Servers, @Reality). That is where the full mission PBO is located. Use an FTP program such as FileZilla to download and upload all files.

Your mission.sqm where the dome script should go would look like this:

Code:
class Sensors
    {
        items=5;                        //I have 5 total dome scripts so always adjust as necessary
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={5013.2856,9.7644138,3565.5691};
            a=80;
            b=45;
            angle=340;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome";
            expCond="(vehicle player) in thislist;";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""Stay safe, the Survivors depend on your leadership."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };

And should be placed right before class Markers. Use Notepad++ search function, and enter class Markers in the search box. The classs Markers block of code is usually not far from the bottom of the mission.sqm.

If you need any more help, email your mission.sqm to [email protected]. I'll take a look at it as time permits.

Hey Chris, Mate just one question do i have to copy the mission.sqm out of my mpfolder and replace the file in my dayz.st\mission.pbo? just want to clarify with you.

Thanks Mate.

I got this working fully using this: http://dayz.st/w/Protected_Dome

It appears someone got past it though. Not sure how.

I would like to add the ability to log who enters the dome. However, I tried it and couldn't make it work right.

Anyone know enough to tell me what I should insert where to write to log the name of the player that enters the dome?

Back