Sahrani Server Setup

Seven

Staff member
Some people seem to be having trouble setting up servers. So this will be a guide on how to correctly setup a Sahrani Server.

Things to remember:
  1. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER SERVER PACKAGE!
  2. Do not add mods until you have the server running first.
(This setup procedure is based exactly how my own server is executed)
Setup:
  1. Patch your server to a minimum of 103419.
  2. Download the latest client and server files from here
  3. Extract All the required folders to your Arma2 OA Directory
    (eg. C:\Games\ArmA2\Server-3\)
  4. Extract the included dll's too.
  5. Create a new MySQL login with the account name "dayz"
  6. Execute the supplied SQL file to setup the table schema.
  7. Update your Hive.ini and config.cfg with login details etc. (You should customize your config name example config_1234567.cfg, otherwise it can be easily accessed by hackers.
  8. Create your launcher
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin\mysql.exe --user=dayz --password=CHANGEME --host=localhost --port=3306 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"
    start Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-nosplash" "-cpuCount=1" "-name=smd_sahrani_a2" "-profiles=dayz_1.smd_sahrani_a2" "-cfg=dayz_1.smd_sahrani_a2\basic.cfg" "-config=dayz_1.smd_sahrani_a2\config_1234567.cfg" "-mod=@DayZ_Sahrani;@Hive-smd_sahrani_a2" "-world=smd_sahrani_a2" "-port=2402"
  9. Run your launcher.
The Server should now be running exactly as intended.
Our process is no different to any other map. Except for the fact that we DO NOT support packages like reality/stapo/pwnzor. They do not use our modified server pbo or have the correct changes in their MySQL procedures to support the map.
It is recommended to launch your client game with DayZCommander. It will launch the game correctly so that there are no errors.
Common Errors:
  1. Sahrani requires Arma 2 ~ Expansion\Beta ~ Expansion\Beta\Expansion. Without these the server and client will throw up errors on launch for missing addons.
  2. Trying to use Reality/Bliss/Stapo/Pwnzor Packages. They DO NOT WORK!
  3. The pMain() execution with MySQL is not working. If you use a different username for mysql you must update all of the MySQL procedures to match that username.
If you still manage to run into trouble please post it here, I will update the topic as more help is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey man i have set up my server but im getting msql problems on loading of the map can you help me please

Code:
Mods: @Hive
Distribution: 0
Version 1.62.102591
Fault address:  72799F2B 01:00008F2B C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Dayz Server Files\DatabaseMySql.dll
file:    dayz_1 (__cur_mp)
world:    sara
Prev. code bytes: 8B D9 89 5D E0 C7 45 FC 00 00 00 00 8B 13 8B CA
Fault code bytes: 8B 7A 04 B0 01 80 7F 0D 00 89 55 DC 89 4D EC 88

Registers:
EAX:00A18ACC EBX:15EE7F44
ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000
ESI:15ED7F70 EDI:7283004D
CS:EIP:0023:72799F2B
SS:ESP:002B:00A18AA4  EBP:00A18AD8
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010202
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file dayz_1.sara\arma2oaserver.mdmp

how i can spawn the whole vehicle table on sahrani? running the function pspawnvehicles doing spawn only around 100 vehicles....i want all!

other question:

where i can setup the starter gear?

Very strange, we set up a server, everything seems to run well... but somehow some people are spawning in water, and somehow i cant see any entries in character_data, but character seems to save, even after server restart my char spawns at the right position, so the server seems to save my data somewhere in the mysql-db, but i cant find out WHERE!

Grafzahl check your Hive.ini file. The database is most likely pointing to another -maybe Chernarus?- database.

For my server I made a new "dayzsara" database. I imported the SQL file from the server package, and then pointed the Hive.ini to "dayzsara", works perfect.

yes this error is down to an incorrect database structure. You must use a clean database that was created with our SQL file supplied.

I got it all fixed up the problem I was using the wrong database dill file and it would make the game crash
Now I just need to tweak the server and I'm good to go. So don't do what I did and put the wring dill files in or you have problems :(

I have a spare HFB servers managed server, which allows full access to upload custom mods.

Would it be possible to add sahrani? I've not looked or tried, just thought someone may know if there would be compatibility issues

Mate if HFB is still using one of these Hives then it will not work
  1. Trying to use Reality/Bliss/Stapo/Pwnzor Packages. They DO NOT WORK!
If i right they changed to to Reality a few months back.
i hope this helps mate :)

This is driving me crazy, i deleted all DBs on our Server regarding sahrani, started the server, and everything loaded still fine.

Then i opened the hivelog.txt inside "Sara", and look what i found:
Code:
2013-05-31 12:20:41 Database: [Information] Connected to MySQL database 173.208.122.66:3306/hivemind client ver: 5.5.28 server ver: 5.5.31-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

But my hiveext.ini inside dayz_1.sara says:
Code:
[Database]
;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
Host = localhost
;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3306
;Database name to connect to.
Database = dayz_sara
;Username to connect with
Username = dayz
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password = CHANGEME

I still dont know where the **** the hive has this Mysql-Data from, in NO config-file is anything with this mysql-information.

I dont know why... but for some reason i cant get this running.

Mate if HFB is still using one of these Hives then it will not work
  1. Trying to use Reality/Bliss/Stapo/Pwnzor Packages. They DO NOT WORK!
If i right they changed to to Reality a few months back.

i hope this helps mate :)

This sucks :(

It's a little strange they have made them incompatible

Grafzahl what is your command line? Its clearly not reading your hiveExt.ini. The server its connecting is the dayz public hive.

Rossymond its not that we made it incompatible. They are incompatible with our changes since we make several changes to the dayz_server.pbo. The packages need to be updated to support our changes.

Grafzahl what is your command line? Its clearly not reading your hiveExt.ini. The server its connecting is the dayz public hive.

Rossymond its not that we made it incompatible. They are incompatible with our changes since we make several changes to the dayz_server.pbo. The packages need to be updated to support our changes.

Ah sorry, was my fault, used a wrong profiles-parameter :-/ but its strange that the script seems to fall back to publichive when it doesnt get any mysql-data.

Another question, since i normaly use reality-hive and spawn my vehicles via perl: What do i have to edit in pMain to increase the amount of vehicles? i changed default from 100 to 300, but the amount of vehicles stays at 77.

Ok, i have to ask again... i opend the pMain Function, and changed the 3. line to
Code:
DECLARE iSpawnNumVeh SMALLINT(3) DEFAULT 999;
I thought this means that i nearly have no limit (999) about the max total amount of vehicles that can spawn... so i went over to object_classes, and changed the MaxNum values for all classes... at the end there should have spawned around 350 vehicles.

Then i executed pMain, it spawned around 200 vehicles, and when i looked into my object_classes again, it reseted most of the MaxNum-Values back to zero... the value for the SUV was back at zero where it should have been on 5, and also there where no entries for any suv in object_data.

Then i disabled the pFixMaxNum-Function inside pMain(), but this crashes pMain when i execute it.

So... where did i went wrong? iSpawnNumVeh is definitly higher then all MaxNum-Values together, so this shouldnt be the problem. Are there any other values i have to change so pFixMaxNum doesnt overwrite my MaxNum Settings?

All the vehicles in the tables are not finished yet. So some classes are listed but don't have any spawn points. If the max num is higher than the total available spawn points then it lowers them to the total spawns available.

Back