SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i had a shootout earlier with some AI, and as i was taking cover I switched to 3rd person, and noticed the NPC up and disappeared along with his buddy, the 3 dead bodies i shot were still there to loot, it seems the rest of the squad despawned of i can only guess would be the leader being one of the ones killed so im not sure if that apart of the squad mechanic atm. It was odd though as we were kinda mid firefight, and the first time i ntoiced it. yet i couldn't find anything in the RPT, gonna do some more testing.

i was also going to ask if adding 'respawn' param to the UPSMON line in Heli_patrol would work, or something like "respawn:",5]

keep up the great work sarge!

you should try to understand what you are doing there first. Simply copying all the files from my github will not result in success. There is a long readme on the first page of this thread, a readme on the github, and tons of readmes in the files - please read them.

hey, i had a shootout earlier with some AI, and as i was taking cover I switched to 3rd person, and noticed the NPC up and disappeared along with his buddy, the 3 dead bodies i shot were still there to loot, it seems the rest of the squad despawned of i can only guess would be the leader being one of the ones killed so im not sure if that apart of the squad mechanic atm. It was odd though as we were kinda mid firefight, and the first time i ntoiced it. yet i couldn't find anything in the RPT, gonna do some more testing.

i was also going to ask if adding 'respawn' param to the UPSMON line in Heli_patrol would work, or something like "respawn:",5]

keep up the great work sarge!
Hi mate,

the groups should only despawn when nobody else is in the grid - might be you were at a gridborder in this firefight?

'respawn' parameter for UPSMON doesnt work - missing loadout, eventhandlers and tons of stuff.

I am working on a heavily enhanced version of UPSMON here to make all this possible, AI infantry respawn already done, working on the helis atm.

Great to hear! lookin forward to it man, and yea that seems to be what it was. I took a loot at the grid and where i was after you mentioned it and just so happened i was fighting pretty much on a borderline :p , and me being the only one in testing at the time had to be the cause. good to know! thanks again!

Edit: A little off topic, but maybe can be useful for others maybe wanting to set up AI in a similar fashion or maybe someone has any know-how on the matter, i wont go into the great lengths i have gone to to try and get a Air Raid siren to play at a airport, but it has been stumping me at every go. CfgSfx, CfgSounds, AirAlarmSfx, Sirene_EP1, Class Sensors "dinner bell triggers", even CfgVehicles with Sound_Alarm2, even made a custom .ogg and cut down and exported from a siren wav i downloaded, if ANYONE knows how to set this up I and most likely others would greatly appreciate it because im seriously wondering wtf i am doing wrong lol because .RPT gives nothing about it on anything i have tried unless i missed a "}"

FYI, in relation to the vehicle/team thing, it also appears that people from different 'teams' can't give each other blood either. Got me in a bit of trouble last night lol

Besides that, this has been fantastic and utterly painless to install for me. Thank you!

Hello. I have implemented your AI, and they are great! :D, I need some assistance with the following;
1. I have your latest version in, but troops and groups are not respawning.
2. When I increase the number of groups and percentage, I am not seeing any AI in the changed locations. I am wanting Cherno to be a bandit town. :p
3. Can I make additional helicopters for the patrols? I have only seen one patrol.\

Thanks

Guys i really dont understand how to add the spawn points in SAR_cfg_grid_chernarus? Where do i these grids and how can i add more, and do i delete the other SAR_cfg_grid_(other maps)

Oh, I am also having issues with the ai patrol heli to work properly. If I fly to his spawn point in Chernarus, he spins in circles as if his tail rotter was shot.

Something odd here. I changed the line for Devil's Castle to this:

Code:
// Devils Castle, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[4,0,0],[100,0,0],[4,0,0]],"SAR_area_2_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

100% chance for bandits to spawn, but none spawned... I teleported myself to the castle, then joined the server and there were no bandits to be found.

It would be possible. Problem is, the Radios shouldnt be there at all, i thougzt i removed em. need to recheck. Radios are non-allowed items in DAyz and might get you kicked by BE.

I can confirm my players are picking up Radios from the AI's. No BE kicks that I'm aware of yet, but I'm not willing to take the risk. Will you post an update if you figure out where to delete them from in the code? thanks.

Radio isnt a banned item in Dayz shouldnt be gettin kicked for it unless you ahve set TSW or Gotcha set to kick/ban when it refreshes its DB check. (which i ahve noticed sometimes its on by default)

@Blender, SAR_cfg_grid isnt the file you want to add spawns to, thats your grid layout, the file you want to add spawns to is SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf. Chernarus is 6x6 in that grid file if i can remember so count out your grid squares to where you want AI to randmoly patrol, but remember the first square (Bottom left grid square on map) is always 0, so a AI spawn in the bottom left corner would be "SAR_area_0_0", while a spawn in the top right grid square would look like "SAR_area_5_5", youl be able to see the examples and the layout once in the file, its upto you if you want to remove the other map files your not using, if so you would need to aswell edit the SAR_AI_init so its not still looking for them

For Heli spawn you will need a marker size and a worldspace loc

Brainson, if you want to add additional helis to your set marker, just add another line or two depending how many you want there

Code:
// End of area marker definition section
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition finalized"];
diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"];

//
// Static, predefined heli patrol areas with configurable units
//
// Parameters used:
//                  Areaname
//                  1,2,3 = soldier, survivors, bandits
//

//Heli Patrol NWAF
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf,1] call SAR_AI_heli;

Hello. I have implemented your AI, and they are great! :D, I need some assistance with the following;
1. I have your latest version in, but troops and groups are not respawning.
2. When I increase the number of groups and percentage, I am not seeing any AI in the changed locations. I am wanting Cherno to be a bandit town. :p
3. Can I make additional helicopters for the patrols? I have only seen one patrol.\

Thanks

Hi Brianson,

1) the latest version is not released yoet
2) should work, works for me and many others :) post what and where you did change ir, so we can check
3) sure, see above post from Sabbath

just and update for all following;

Testing my next release atm, getting rid of the bugs :)

What you WILL see in the release is:

a) static infantry and heli patrol respawning configurable
b) dynamic infantry (grid system) respawning configurable
c) respawned units inherit weapons, skins, group setup and all eventhandlers from their "parents"
d) respawn delay time configurable
e) more actions for groups - ambush (near roads), fortify (defend from within buildings), patrol (cycle through randomly generated waypoints)
f) different health values for units - no more oneshot AI group leaders!
g) some fun in the behaviour of the AI while they patrol - surprises!
h) friendly AI leaders can be talked to - they might even help you if you are low on blood
i) moved the general config file to a seperate file - changes to SAR_AI_init will no longer impact your configured values
j) Dynamic grid spawning can be enabled / disabled
k) default setup for groups in grids can be configured
l) UPSMON global setup variables included in the config file - so only one place to adjust
m) UPSMON rewritten to accomodate respawn logic
n) items and tools can be configured for the loadout, including chance to spawn
o) multiple heli types possible

testing all of the above atm. What i MIGHT add before the release:

- different ways of soldiers spawning in (fly in and heli jump)
- extend the AI behaviour if not in combat even more (surprises .-))
- implement use of radio for certain things
- safe zones (depends if i can solve the issue with player bandits being side enemy, thus being shot by everyone - this is the same thing that impacts players travelling together in a vehicle)

stay tuned .-)

Sarge

just and update for all following;

Testing my next release atm, getting rid of the bugs :)

What you WILL see in the release is:

a) static infantry and heli patrol respawning configurable
b) dynamic infantry (grid system) respawning configurable
c) respawned units inherit weapons, skins, group setup and all eventhandlers from their "parents"
d) respawn delay time configurable
e) more actions for groups - ambush (near roads), fortify (defend from within buildings), patrol (cycle through randomly generated waypoints)
f) different health values for units - no more oneshot AI group leaders!
g) some fun in the behaviour of the AI while they patrol - surprises!
h) friendly AI leaders can be talked to - they might even help you if you are low on blood
i) moved the general config file to a seperate file - changes to SAR_AI_init will no longer impact your configured values
j) Dynamic grid spawning can be enabled / disabled
k) default setup for groups in grids can be configured
l) UPSMON global setup variables included in the config file - so only one place to adjust
m) UPSMON rewritten to accomodate respawn logic
n) items and tools can be configured for the loadout, including chance to spawn
o) multiple heli types possible

testing all of the above atm. What i MIGHT add before the release:

- different ways of soldiers spawning in (fly in and heli jump)
- extend the AI behaviour if not in combat even more (surprises .-))
- implement use of radio for certain things
- safe zones (depends if i can solve the issue with player bandits being side enemy, thus being shot by everyone - this is the same thing that impacts players travelling together in a vehicle)

stay tuned .-)

Sarge

Sweet updates!

I have a question, is there any way to disable the red/green markers on the map?

Think i found it:)

-Cookiezzz

Thanks for your replies! Really appreciate it. :D I look forward to the next update!

Here is what I am trying to edit Sarg:
Code:
// Cherno, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[5,0,3],[100,0,75],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_2_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

And

Code:
// Devils Castle, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[6,0,0],[75,0,0],[5,0,0]],"SAR_area_2_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

On both of these, if I take them to higher percents/group levels (as shown), they don't spawn. :s Even with default codes on these I still can't get anything to spawn in Devil's Castle.

Brainson, if you want to add additional helis to your set marker, just add another line or two depending how many you want there

Code:
// End of area marker definition section
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition finalized"];
diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"];

//
// Static, predefined heli patrol areas with configurable units
//
// Parameters used:
//                  Areaname
//                  1,2,3 = soldier, survivors, bandits
//

//Heli Patrol NWAF

Thanks for the information man! Call me stupid, but which folder do I open to add/find this? I opened the SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf and the SAR_ai_init.sqf and can't find it.

The patroling heli's
Is there an option to make them 'bandit minded'?

They won't ever take a shot at me, this would be a nice feature however :)

Do i delete these in the Sarge_Ai_init since i dont use those map and do i delete SAR_cfg_grps_lingor for example?

Code:
   case "tavi":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_tavi.sqf"
    };
    case "namalsk":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_namalsk.sqf"
    };
    case "lingor":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_lingor.sqf"
    };
    case "mbg_celle2":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_mbg_celle2.sqf"
    };
    case "takistan":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_takistan.sqf"
    };
    case "fallujah":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_fallujah.sqf"
    };
    case "panthera2":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_panthera.sqf"

Do i delete these in the Sarge_Ai_init since i dont use those map and do i delete SAR_cfg_grps_lingor for example?

Code:
  case "tavi":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_tavi.sqf"
    };
    case "namalsk":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_namalsk.sqf"
    };
    case "lingor":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_lingor.sqf"
    };
    case "mbg_celle2":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_mbg_celle2.sqf"
    };
    case "takistan":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_takistan.sqf"
    };
    case "fallujah":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_fallujah.sqf"
    };
    case "panthera2":
    {
        #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_panthera.sqf"

Don't delete code above.
You can however delete the files & save some missionfile size i guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back