SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm would you be able to do so that for example survivors has a diffrent weapon selection than miltary AI?

Thanks for the information man! Call me stupid, but which folder do I open to add/find this? I opened the SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf and the SAR_ai_init.sqf and can't find it.

It depends on what map your are using. If you are using Chernarus, it's going to be in addons\sarge\map_config\SAR_cfg_groups_chernarus.sqf. Start on line 176.

Something odd here. I changed the line for Devil's Castle to this:

Code:
// Devils Castle, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[4,0,0],[100,0,0],[4,0,0]],"SAR_area_2_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

100% chance for bandits to spawn, but none spawned... I teleported myself to the castle, then joined the server and there were no bandits to be found.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks
It depends on what map your are using. If you are using Chernarus, it's going to be in addons\sarge\map_config\SAR_cfg_groups_chernarus.sqf. Start on line 176.
Thanks man! Really helps! I have an issue with the heli patrol spawning. Before I edited the file for this, the helicopter patrols did not spawn for all I know. I never saw one. Adding this in, hopefully I will see something spawn. XD.

i know i ask this b4, but i really want to know and how i can make zeds chase AI when they shoot eventhough i know zeds won't able to do any damage to AI, but it will make more (fair) to players. thank you sarge

Hey Sarge. My AI spawn in like the should. The chopper AI keep getting kicked. I have a dayz.st server and this is what my line looks like.
" if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
For the life of me i cant figure this out. Can anybody help with this?

change that line to

Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

change that line to

Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

I tried it out and i get stuck on Requesting Authentication

looked in my .rpt andfound
17:27:16 "----------------------------------------"
17:27:16 "Starting SAR_AI version 1.0.3"
17:27:16 "----------------------------------------"
17:27:16 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition Started"
17:27:16 "Setting up SAR_AI for : chernarus"
17:27:17 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition finalized"
17:27:17 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
17:27:17 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_NWAF"
17:27:18 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_AREA_NEAF"
17:27:18 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_soutcoast"
17:27:18 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_soutcoast"
17:27:18 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_eastcoast"
17:27:18 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_eastcoast"
17:27:18 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"
17:27:18 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry patrols finished"
17:27:18 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found
17:27:59 "AIUNIT: Creating TK_INS_Soldier_EP1 by <NULL-object> at [9038.09,7811.54,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:2 | Loadout:["AKS_74_kobra","30Rnd_545x39_AK"] / Num:5"
17:27:59 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_pond_big_01,
17:27:59 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_pond_big_28_03,
17:27:59 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_pond_big_28_01,
17:27:59 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_R2_Rock1,
17:27:59 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_R2_Boulder1,

hmmm, it looks like your heli patrols spawned in fine,

Code:
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found

seems like a different problem. double check your dayz_server.pbo something may have went wrong when repacking or you accidentally deleted or left that file out, i have witnessed sometimes PBO manager can completely mess up when repacking, and files are cut in half and missing content. just be sure to make copies as you edit, or have "undo" ready to go in notepad++ to revert back to the original edit.

Code:
    Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_R2_Boulder1,

that stuff is MAP_EU 3d editor addon calling your rock objects, addon much like rMod requiring all clients to download, because Arma 2 doesnt have actual classnames for rocks and plants, so they created them in this pack

hmmm, it looks like your heli patrols spawned in fine,

Code:
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found

seems like a different problem. double check your dayz_server.pbo something may have went wrong when repacking or you accidentally deleted or left that file out, i have witnessed sometimes PBO manager can completely mess up when repacking, and files are cut in half and missing content. just be sure to make copies as you edit, or have "undo" ready to go in notepad++ to revert back to the original edit.

I unpacked it and server_monitor.sqf was inside. :/ not sure what is going on. I started with hacker detected and when i changed that line to what you said thats what the log gave me

I unpacked it and server_monitor.sqf was inside. :/ not sure what is going on. I started with hacker detected and when i changed that line to what you said thats what the log gave me

check that you only have either the pbo or the extracted mission directory on your server, thats one of the cases where i saw that error.

The other recommendation would be not to use pbo manager - it is unpacking fine, but i had some weird behaviour with it packing. Try cpbo, i use that and it works like a charm.

Also - Bandit AI weren't shooting at me when I flew after them in my Gazelle (Celle Heli) and they were in their Huey... Nor did the static AI shoot me when I flew over them.. hell I landed 10m away and they still didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back