SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've managed to implement this on my reality server offline,
but on adding it to the online server i had issues with the server_cleanup.fsm
the code inside it looked little different then what i had offline.
so i might have mis integrated it.

this is 1 of the many error msg's in the .RPT file, all the same.
Code:
0:53:09 Error in expression <le _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) && (vehicle _x ge>
0:53:09  Error position: <&& (typeOf vehicle _x) && (vehicle _x ge>
0:53:09  Error &&: Type String, expected Bool,code

cleanup code
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

I've got something weird going on, ppl have been complaining about gear dissapearing, asif despawned.
svd_camo, m240, fn fal by now, not shure if they are re***** and glitch despawned them or if it has something
to do with sarge ai code...

hope someone can help me with the server_cleanup.fsm code.
The .RPT is growing fast ...

Looking for some help. Installed everything (with help) and it works as it should.
However, there seems to be a ridicolous amount of AI's spawning in. Is there any way to change the % chance of them spawning in?

Thanks in advance.

well, was pulling my hair for the rest of the day about some generic array and setvariable topics ... not everything from BI works as intended .-)

have the foundation of the adjustment for players and AI acting in vehicles and in trigger zones as expected ready, now on the details.

I've managed to implement this on my reality server offline,
but on adding it to the online server i had issues with the server_cleanup.fsm
the code inside it looked little different then what i had offline.
so i might have mis integrated it.

this is 1 of the many error msg's in the .RPT file, all the same.
Code:
0:53:09 Error in expression <le _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) && (vehicle _x ge>
0:53:09  Error position: <&& (typeOf vehicle _x) && (vehicle _x ge>
0:53:09  Error &&: Type String, expected Bool,code

cleanup code
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

I've got something weird going on, ppl have been complaining about gear dissapearing, asif despawned.
svd_camo, m240, fn fal by now, not shure if they are re***** and glitch despawned them or if it has something
to do with sarge ai code...

hope someone can help me with the server_cleanup.fsm code.
The .RPT is growing fast ...

You screwed up the line. Check back a page or two, a correct example is there.

Looking for some help. Installed everything (with help) and it works as it should.
However, there seems to be a ridicolous amount of AI's spawning in. Is there any way to change the % chance of them spawning in?

Thanks in advance.

Please take the time to read the documentation.

check that you only have either the pbo or the extracted mission directory on your server, thats one of the cases where i saw that error.

The other recommendation would be not to use pbo manager - it is unpacking fine, but i had some weird behaviour with it packing. Try cpbo, i use that and it works like a charm.

You are right. It wasnt repacking it right. i repacked on my other computer and it works great. Thank you guys for the help :). Great work BTW.

Sarge:

I managed to get the if statement correctly on my own right after posting that...
however we had to take them out of the server again due to them causing major
desync :(

Bandits shoot everyone.
Survivor & soldiers seems to be shooting a player with 525 humanity.
What is the default humanity limit?

Is there a setting to turn this to a lower value?
So survivors for example won't shoot people unless they have -2500 humanity.

Thanx

Bandits shoot everyone.
Survivor & soldiers seems to be shooting a player with 525 humanity.
What is the default humanity limit?

Is there a setting to turn this to a lower value?
So survivors for example won't shoot people unless they have -2500 humanity.

Thanx

The humanity limit is 2500 I believe. Anything below that will get you shot by all AI. Bandit AI always shoot all players, regardless of their humanity. Check the configs that come with the script. I'm sure the limit is defined in there someplace.

The humanity limit is 2500 I believe. Anything below that will get you shot by all AI. Bandit AI always shoot all players, regardless of their humanity. Check the configs that come with the script. I'm sure the limit is defined in there someplace.

Hmm, been searching for the past half hour, didn't find it yet.
Probably too tired :)
Will check tomorrow. Cheers!

What are the Helicopter patrols suppose to do. so far all they do is fly over head and do nothing. if that is the extent of them. Then what file would I look in to stop them from spawning.

Thanks

edit: forgot to say I am loving this mod. it has change dayz for me thanks

What are the Helicopter patrols suppose to do. so far all they do is fly over head and do nothing. if that is the extent of them. Then what file would I look in to stop them from spawning.

Thanks

edit: forgot to say I am loving this mod. it has change dayz for me thanks

Ok If I reading the script (SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf) correctly, I see that the AI is added to the turret
Code:
_man2heli moveInTurret [_heli,[0]];

and here

Code:
_man3heli moveInTurret [_heli,[1]];

but I never see any add to the turrets magazines with addMagazineTurrets(). So I am think that maybe why my heli never shoots at me.

any thoughts?

Hello, i installed the AI Script and it is wonderfull...but the Zombies don't spawn at Server. What can i do ?

Sry for my bad english...

EDIT: The Zombie Spawn is functionable, it was an error on the debug monitor script...thanks

Just ran trough every file, and the limit of 2500 is kinda unfindable Oo.
In one of the files in the SARGE folder looks logical, but there is no single file that contains something that looks like it.
Which file is it supposed to be in?

-Cookz

HI all, many thanks for this I got it working and its ace.
The one thing im trying to do is get the heli's to actually fly around, they seem to be crashing straight away....I saw something earlier about an rpt. file??? not sure where to find it and what to do with it.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

many thanks

robbie

HI all, many thanks for this I got it working and its ace.
The one thing im trying to do is get the heli's to actually fly around, they seem to be crashing straight away....I saw something earlier about an rpt. file??? not sure where to find it and what to do with it.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

many thanks

robbie

Read his FAQ on his main post.
Section:
B) my heli patrols get blown up - rpt shows "killed a hacker"

Ok If I reading the script (SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf) correctly, I see that the AI is added to the turret
Code:
_man2heli moveInTurret [_heli,[0]];

and here

Code:
_man3heli moveInTurret [_heli,[1]];

but I never see any add to the turrets magazines with addMagazineTurrets(). So I am think that maybe why my heli never shoots at me.

any thoughts?

Maybe the unit has to be assigned as gunner like:
Code:
_man2heli assignAsGunner _heli;

or heli set to useweapon like:
Code:
_heli action ["useWeapon",_heli,_heli turretUnit [0],1];
_heli action ["useWeapon",_heli,_heli turretUnit [1],1];

The last parameter is fireing rate. 0 = singleshot, 1 = short burst, 2 = long burst

Haven't tested this though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back