SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
AI never spawns in water, the scripts ensure that. If you could confirm the heli shooting it would help. I tested here with a stationary heli, dont get the error message, and the guys are shooting at me like crazy .-)

i'll load up the grps and heli script, so you maybe can have a look at it. I am really sorry, but i don't have much time anymore this afternoon. :(

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf
    9.7 KB · Views: 30
  • SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf
    5.1 KB · Views: 19
The Helicopter does indeed shoot back at people but it's completely random. After shooting at the helicopter it does send some messages about "stop firing" in side chat. I would assume this has something to do with the side the AI is on. It would be nice if the AI would also return fire if they are shot at compared to the current state in which it's random.

The AI will shoot at zeds and bandits by default as they are set to west, change it to east and they shoot at everyone.
I don't think it's random either, they most likely see a zed and are targeting them, when they are coming for you, you'll know about it.

Just becareful doing what i did and give them a UH1Y :lol: They blew me out the sky with a roocket

i still see some ai's that dont spawn on cherno .
an example i go to marker x and then go to a another position and still notting i folow it for 10 min whit choppers and vehicles still notting .
they also move alot over the map the ones that dont spawn its like its a air patrol or somting .
happens whit bandits alot the survivors spawns more

i also never saw a ai whit a vehicle
and what do i need to change to have more ai spawns on the map ?
like bandits

Edit: gonna try to set the despawn on 10 min

Am I missing something here? I have no heli patrols, tried to set up a static patrol with no luck assuming this is how:

Obviously editing the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf

Code:
// MY TEST - STATIC
_this = createMarker ["SAR_area_TEST", [79.59, 1523.29]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [50, 50];
_this setMarkerDir 59.354115;
SAR_area_TEST = _this;

// TEST GROUP
// survivors, 5 snipers, 5 riflemen, patrol
[SAR_area_TEST,2,5,5,""] call SAR_AI;

So decided to change some generic values in SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf setting all the patrols to be survivor groups.

Came across a group, they all had bandit skins so just to be sure hopped out of my T72 spawned in for test, sure enough I was shot to bits lol. So something is definately not right any ideas?

Oh just to add there is nothing in the RPT regarding cleanup issues that I can see, also I see nothing in there about spawning heli patrols and I have not changed the heli type.

Try this n4nz, your patrol area seems very small so for testing purposes i've doubled it, Also removed the setMarkerDir as that just sets the angle they'll patrol.

Code:
// Test, heli patrol area
    _this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_test", [79.59, 1523.29]];
    _this setMarkeralpha 0;
    _this setMarkerSize [100, 100];
    SAR_marker_helipatrol_test = _this;

and then below that add
Code:
    //Heli Patrol Test
    [SAR_marker_helipatrol_test,1] call SAR_AI_heli;

Restart the server and see if the arma2oa.RPT show the heli patrols spawning

You defined the area at grid location 000 128. Is that your intention?
You can't use the direct grid locations from in game.
Use this to calculate the coordinates in proper values:
X Coord * 100 = proper x Value
15360 - (Y Coord * 100) = proper y value.

You defined the area at grid location 000 128. Is that your intention?
You can't use the direct grid locations from in game.
Use this to calculate the coordinates in proper values:
X Coord * 100 = proper x Value
15360 - (Y Coord * 100) = proper y value.

It was intentional as its a clear area from zeds and other AI, I have written a function that converts the Y coord although mine is 153.60 - (y coord/100) :D

world location is very suspicious: This is very far left down, i would even assume its in the water.
79.59, 1523.29.

It was intentional as its a clear area from zeds and other AI, I have written a function that converts the Y coord although mine is 153.60 - (y coord/100) :D
can you post your full grps_cfg file for cheranrus? If you switched all definitions for the spawngrids to survivors, you shouldnt see any bandits.

Try this n4nz, your patrol area seems very small so for testing purposes i've doubled it, Also removed the setMarkerDir as that just sets the angle they'll patrol.

Code:
// Test, heli patrol area
    _this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_test", [79.59, 1523.29]];
    _this setMarkeralpha 0;
    _this setMarkerSize [100, 100];
    SAR_marker_helipatrol_test = _this;

and then below that add
Code:
    //Heli Patrol Test
    [SAR_marker_helipatrol_test,1] call SAR_AI_heli;

Restart the server and see if the arma2oa.RPT show the heli patrols spawning

My post was obviously not very clear lol, I was trying to create a static infantry group not a heli patrol group using the code i posted. An in addition to this I noticed that I have no heli patrols spawning using the defualt setup.

I have tried to get a heli patrol spawning using your code snippet Richie but still no luck and nothing in the RPT either.

So the issues I experienec are these:

1. No heli patrols using Sarges default setup.

2. Unable to create static infantry patrols (maybe I am defining this wrong) see first post.

3. It seems all ai patrol are running fine except nothing changes them when editing the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf
its as if they are running from a different cfg file????

can you post your full grps_cfg file for cheranrus? If you switched all definitions for the spawngrids to survivors, you shouldnt see any bandits.

Some are not changed but they are miles up north I was running around the coast testing this.

As for the coords they were taken from the db where I was stood by the map seam at the bottom far left, far enough in though to not cause an issue.

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf
    10.5 KB · Views: 18
cfg file looks good. Can't see any issues in there. can you post parts of your rpt ? from the SAR AI start part on.

Did you check the NWAF for the static group ? Thats where they should spawn

I have written a function that converts the Y coord although mine is 153.60 - (y coord/100) :D
(15360 - y coord)/100 is to convert the database worldspace coords to map grid coords.
So to convert map grid coords to worldspace coords it is 15360 - (y coord * 100)

Sarge, is there already something for that error message issue?
that with 3 elements supplied, 2 expected ? Nop, cant reproduce that at all here. Might be an issue with 1.7.6.1, not sure. shouldnt have any impycts though, as long as the guys shoot.

cfg file looks good. Can't see any issues in there. can you post parts of your rpt ? from the SAR AI start part on.

Did you check the NWAF for the static group ? Thats where they should spawn

Yes I tried that after my attempt failed.

I'm running a Dayz Lite Server if that helps, attched is the snippet from the RPT

Attachments

• arma2oaserver.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
(15360 - y coord)/100 is to convert the database worldspace coords to map grid coords.
So to convert map grid coords to worldspace coords it is 15360 - (y coord * 100)

Yes, I use my function on the database to locate vehicles and players, are you saying that the location I define in Sarge's config is not a worldspace coord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back