SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else reading this and can confirm the AI framework is working as it should on 1.7.6.1 ?

lol found it. The grid that you see far to the left and low is a markerarea i forgot to delete.

Do the following to check please:

Be the first to login after your server restarted, then check the grid. the markers for the grid are not JIP enabled, so on a second login they will not show.

I will investigate where that weird square at the bottom comes from.

cheers

Sarge

Hmmm .... my servers run very smooth with the full framework. The multiple maps logic can have no impact, thats just including cfg files at the init. Did you disable the 2 debug levels ? Full debug will have an impact, cause a lot of stuff gets written to the rpt. Might need 2 check if the reammo function is causing that, but shouldnt.

Anyone else experienced this ?

Thx

Sarge
Hmmm .... my servers run very smooth with the full framework. The multiple maps logic can have no impact, thats just including cfg files at the init. Did you disable the 2 debug levels ? Full debug will have an impact, cause a lot of stuff gets written to the rpt. Might need 2 check if the reammo function is causing that, but shouldnt.

Anyone else experienced this ?

Thx

Sarge

I turned off debugging completely to test that out in both upsmon and sarge, didn't help me any.

I will send my mission files in when I get home. Wonder if it is the amount of static AI that I am trying to run to protect a custom large city with a ton of zombies.

lol found it. The grid that you see far to the left and low is a markerarea i forgot to delete.

Be the first to login after your server restarted, then check the grid. the markers for the grid are not JIP enabled, so on a second login they will not show.

cheers

Sarge

i did some testings and if iam the first on the server when you see the map in the loading and not ingame .
the grid seems to display fine then but that smal square is still under the map

after second login or if you wait till the server is running for 5 min its back bugged

cheers

Sarge
Small corection:

Actually Upsmon is kind of mirroring / moving the area grid markers to the botom left. you can see the bottom grid growing when you move in between "regular" grids in Chernarus. As soon as upsmon puts the waypoint markers for groups in that gridsquare, it moves the border of the grid to the bottom left, By this, over time, it builds up a grid bottom left.

Functionality is not impacted as far as i can see, so its more an optical glitch. Will try to dig into upsmon and see why its done.

Small corection:

Actually Upsmon is kind of mirroring / moving the area grid markers to the botom left. you can see the bottom grid growing when you move in between "regular" grids in Chernarus. As soon as upsmon puts the waypoint markers for groups in that gridsquare, it moves the border of the grid to the bottom left, By this, over time, it builds up a grid bottom left.

Functionality is not impacted as far as i can see, so its more an optical glitch. Will try to dig into upsmon and see why its done.

Final findings: The squares you see yt the bottom left are ok. UPSMON creates these to hide the areamarkers from the map. so you can ignore these.

Hey Sarge, been testing it out here since i got it up and running on Panthera last night, setting up 2 new files and updating the AI_init i was able to see 2 Bandit AI up at the NAF they didn't shoot me because I'm a bandit as well I'm guessing, haven't seen any of the other npcs i set up around the map I'll have to go hunting, my Heli Patrol wont show up for some reason, I most likely entered it incorrectly as i used the chernarus format and replaced worldspace loc. but i did want to mention that i too am having similar issue as Reactortrip, using Dayz.ST as well i notice server performance take a nose dive, things start chuggin along, its happens periodically every so often, i thought it was the fog, so i removed that, still same. PC is quite recent so i know its not my rig.

Just a few things i have noticed so far, all in all this is an amazing package Sarge you've done an excellent job man! Curious if this would be able to set something like this up as well http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14637 on some random time during the day/week,

I've seen forum posts that everyone is saying Dayz.st servers have performance issues, Most think it's the new code and others say it's overloading servers with too many clients, see the replies from this post onwards > http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?...-tool-private-hives-oring-rmod/page__st__2160
Personally when i was with Dayz.st i had no issues but that was a while back.

My server is running slightly above normal but i have a huge amount of Sarges AI plus extra heli patrols and just for kicks i'm also using Sycosis AI :D I don't think it's the AI causing lag

The weapon crates can be added using Rmod2 :) but obviously everyone will need :Rmod2 to use them, without it they can still play but the ammo boxes would be invisible.

I don't think it's AI causing lag either cause the older version works great with more AI. There has to be a bit of code or an error in setup on my part that is causing the issue.

ah ok, yea there seems to be alot of performance issue with Dayz.ST. things are kinda up in the air for them, they still have yet to reply to my emails, rumors of AllanStrings quit or got fired, support kinda went down the tubes, i was tryin to ask valid question about my server and account and the admins kept muting the IRC channel and laughing. So Dayz.ST seems to be in a state of disarray at the moment.

As for the Ammo boxes, i am able to spawn ammo boxes through the 3d editor, merge them into live and they do have weapons (based on banlist) in them and i can store stuff (temp till next restart) in them aswell so was jsut curious if it was possible because i seem to not need rmod to have people use them or see them as they have in the past and currently on the server.

I'm on dayz.st and having problems with the heli spawns also, and i am was getting the #80 error. I am updating my config as shown above and will see if that fixes it.

I got the following messages in the server.rpt, everything is working great but i am just wondering about this message.

21:28:35 Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male04en\default\core\civilian.ogg'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back