SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the following messages in the server.rpt, everything is working great but i am just wondering about this message.

21:28:35 Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male04en\default\core\civilian.ogg'

Yep i am aware of that. seeems there is come communication that the AI try to have for which the soundfiles are missing. Think there is nothing i can do about it though.

edit line 82 to this
1 setVehicleAmmo !"\"setVehicleAmmo\"," !"_vehicle setVehicleAmmo 1;\nif (SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG) then {diag_log "SAR EXTREME DEBUG: Vehicle new ammo";};"

works for me
i just uploadit the pbo and send it to you sarge

Got rid of the script #80, but now getting #3

Got an issue since i run the sarge. everything seems to work ok for me. playing on lingor skaronator 2.1 and the grid ist good after a little customization.

but sometime one grid disappears and i have the problem, that players can't get updated correctly. server.rpt show's me the following, but it seems that this only happend to players which are in this "lost grid". Get this message only from this player and myself. and we are, as i had a look, in the missing grid.
1:17:39 "ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player BigDaddy [8]. Position in debug! [2202.76,7819.63,0.0014534]"

Its normal that the grids disappear, UPSMON tries to hide them from the map (actually it inverts the coordinates to -x and -y).

Wow ... gimme a sec .... that raises an idea about that issue ... off to investigate ...

Got an issue since i run the sarge. everything seems to work ok for me. playing on lingor skaronator 2.1 and the grid ist good after a little customization.

but sometime one grid disappears and i have the problem, that players can't get updated correctly. server.rpt show's me the following, but it seems that this only happend to players which are in this "lost grid". Get this message only from this player and myself. and we are, as i had a look, in the missing grid.
1:17:39 "ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player BigDaddy [8]. Position in debug! [2202.76,7819.63,0.0014534]"

Can you do me a favour please ? take a screenshot of you being in the missing grid on the map (zoom the map out to maximum) when these error messages happen. Did anything else happen ? Were u killed by AI ? Zeds ? respawn ?

the heli ais wont shoot anything, I set it from west to east still nothing, also how do I have more ground ais and bandits .

Ok, so after a full days testing, I've found the AI to be very good. One problem I've seen is that they are seeing z's through walls and taking shots at the sides of buildings trying to hit them. Could this be fixed with the inclusion of some basic skillset classes? Wishlist?!

Ok, so after a full days testing, I've found the AI to be very good. One problem I've seen is that they are seeing z's through walls and taking shots at the sides of buildings trying to hit them. Could this be fixed with the inclusion of some basic skillset classes? Wishlist?!
Well, i was checking out the same thing. AI tend to spot enemies, and then fire at them even if they are behind cover. I have found no way to improve that - skills i played with, i am using ASR_AI for my AI, with that you can finetune skills for every little skilldetail - had them maxed and had them set to dumb as bread, they still shot at walls ...

Will continue to look into it, but might simply be the ARMA2 AI ...

Sarge

ME again:(, Sarge .is there anyway i can add more squad and more AI in the squad. also, to stop the heli blew up when the server start i know i have to add something in the server_cleanup.fsm,but there are a lot of these files becoz i m using bliss server pack. or the stupid way i just edit all of them? And thanks for answering my question, if u need help that i m very willing to help :) If any!

Sarge the error, that the character can't be updated is not an issue of your addon. In Lingor Island you have west of the prison the debug Area. And if you a there your position don't get saved. So everything ok.

Sarge the error, that the character can't be updated is not an issue of your addon. In Lingor Island you have west of the prison the debug Area. And if you a there your position don't get saved. So everything ok.
Thx for confirming Wyger!

But another issue:

i started a chernarus dayz with sarge. Reality 0.39, DayZ 1.7.6.1.
Did nothing in the followed named file and did nothing in the grps definition.
I get this Message in server.rpt:

10:19:12 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
10:19:12 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
10:19:12 Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
10:19:12 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 115
10:19:12 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_NWAF"
10:19:12 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man3heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
10:19:12 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
10:19:12 Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
10:19:12 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 122s\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 122

but the helis are ingame. just this error message
Are they actually shooting at people ?

I need to check - either the class definition for the HUEY changed in 1.7.6.1 (so no more 2 turrets, or defined different),
or we might see a timing issue here - can you try to put a sleep .5 in front of the action line ?

Shooting i can't confirm yet.

Changed the action lines to this:
sleep .5 _man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
sleep .5 _man3heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];

But still have these messages:
11:56:21 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
11:56:21 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
[_man>
11:56:21 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
11:56:21 Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
11:56:21 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 115
11:56:21 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_NWAF"
[_man>
11:56:21 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
11:56:21 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 122

-----
maybe there should be something like:
_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli];
_man3heli action ["getInCrewChief", _heli];

or something?

Shooting i can't confirm yet.

Changed the action lines to this:
sleep .5 _man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
sleep .5 _man3heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];

But still have these messages:
11:56:21 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
[_man>
11:56:21 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
11:56:21 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 115
11:56:21 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_NWAF"
[_man>
11:56:21 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
11:56:21 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 122

-----
maybe there should be something like:
_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli];
_man3heli action ["getInCrewChief", _heli];

or something?
The sleeps are wrong, sry for not being clear.
$
what you want is

sleep 0.5;

Testing atm if its really the timedelay, or if the ARMA logic to define those 2 turrets is weird.

still errors:

12:22:30 Error in expression <ldier_weapon_name;
sleep 0.5;
[_man>
12:22:30 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
12:22:30 Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
12:22:30 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 116
12:22:30 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_soutcoast"
12:22:30 Error in expression <ldier_weapon_name;
sleep 0.5;
[_man>
12:22:30 Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
12:22:30 Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
12:22:30 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 124

And just a question, because lingor is surrounded with water and has also little islands and so on.
Did the Script check, that the AIs only spawn on land in the grid? Or spawn they only "somewhere" in the grid, so that it could happen they spawn in the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back