SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get it working ok now n4nz ? your RPT file is missing info, not sure how much but the top half isn't there
It does show AI being spawned in grid 0,0

Did you get it working ok now n4nz ? your RPT file is missing info, not sure how much but the top half isn't there
It does show AI being spawned in grid 0,0

Its just the usual updating base classes etc thats missing nothing of importance, so to try and keep the file size down I ommitted it.

The auto spawn AI works sort of except they cant be changed in the cfg for some reason. So yes they kind of work.

Its the static AI I try to place and the heli patrols that dont.

Try searching you full RPT file for the following :
"SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
That's what my RPT shows when they spawn in.

Sarge will know this but is it possible the worldspace is too close to the end of the map ? would they fly off map and blow up ?

Try searching you full RPT file for the following :

That's what my RPT shows when they spawn in.

Sarge will know this but is it possible the worldspace is too close to the end of the map ? would they fly off map and blow up ?

Its not in there, not in any of my RPT's (I auto archive them each restart) as I said before I havent added any new heli patrols I have the default ones already set up in sarge's cfg, appart from the one we tried earlier.

Surely the default patrols would spawn in no?

Damn shame, I have the server almost perfect for what I want heli lifts, towing veh's, item placement, zeds , just need to get the AI working correctly and I done....for now :D

Maps that are included but need configuration (IF you configure one of these maps (grid & definition for gridsquares), please do me a favour and share it back with me, so i can include it in the framework):​
What kind of configuration is needed on the maps that aren't configured yet? I'd love to try it on Lingor. Is anyone else working on getting it set up on Lingor yet?​

Just replace this file in your mission file one the sarge/mapconfig folder.

Sarge, I would be really glad if you would like to use this grid :).

Ok, thanks for that file. Just another question - How will I know if the script is working? Are there any messages? Should I check the log for something?

Sarge,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your time invested in making this so easy for the average person. It took me about 5 hours, now I have configured different towns, some to be full of military, some full of bandits, about 10 heli patrols (getting ready to drop in vehicle patrols), everything works better than expected, the AI are smarter than I thought they would be initially. BRAVO!!!

I have setup a LAN server for a few of my friends, and we have found new life in DayZ. Btw, I have it running with 1.7.6.1, Pwnz0r's hive, everything works great, I didn't even clear the info from the database before adding in the AI, and everything was still intact, i.e. same locations of vehicles I had stored.

Also, for any of you that are having the CLEANUP: KILLED A HACKER problem with heli patrols, MAKE SURE you delete the server.pbo and REPACK the folder when you edit the server_cleanup.fsm, I stupidly forgot to do that a few times and wondered why my changes didn't work.....rookie mistake. Deleted the old .pbo, repacked, WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA all thru the skies. :)

Sarge, if you read this, again, THANK YOU, also, I have but one question that I'm not sure how to fix, would love an answer. I know that the AI works off of grids, and I turned off both debug functions, I am playing on veteran level, but, my waypoints (shift + click on map) no longer work. That is the only thing I have found so far that I am not sure how to fix. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know where I could begin to solve that problem.

If I can be of any help, let me know, I will try my best to respond quickly.

@Wyger and @all:

Think i found your issue. Usually, on all the distributions i tested, the variable worldname returns the mapname in lowercase letters. Your rpt shows "Chernarus" ...

Adjusting my scripts to cathc that atm.

Thx a lot for the Lingor grid, will happily use that one in my distribution.

Cheers

Sarge

Sarge,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your time invested in making this so easy for the average person. It took me about 5 hours, now I have configured different towns, some to be full of military, some full of bandits, about 10 heli patrols (getting ready to drop in vehicle patrols), everything works better than expected, the AI are smarter than I thought they would be initially. BRAVO!!!

I have setup a LAN server for a few of my friends, and we have found new life in DayZ. Btw, I have it running with 1.7.6.1, Pwnz0r's hive, everything works great, I didn't even clear the info from the database before adding in the AI, and everything was still intact, i.e. same locations of vehicles I had stored.

Also, for any of you that are having the CLEANUP: KILLED A HACKER problem with heli patrols, MAKE SURE you delete the server.pbo and REPACK the folder when you edit the server_cleanup.fsm, I stupidly forgot to do that a few times and wondered why my changes didn't work.....rookie mistake. Deleted the old .pbo, repacked, WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA all thru the skies. :)

Sarge, if you read this, again, THANK YOU, also, I have but one question that I'm not sure how to fix, would love an answer. I know that the AI works off of grids, and I turned off both debug functions, I am playing on veteran level, but, my waypoints (shift + click on map) no longer work. That is the only thing I have found so far that I am not sure how to fix. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know where I could begin to solve that problem.

If I can be of any help, let me know, I will try my best to respond quickly.

Hi Mate, thx lot, happy that you like it!

As far as i am aware its Arma that defines that the shift-click to set a waypoint on the map doesnt work in veteran. You can adjust this in the config file for your server (ususally found in the user dir the server is running under).

Sarge

I installed this last night with success (thanks a ton sarge), my only question is that over time the AI seems to stop spawning in. Is there a way to prevent this?

I installed this last night with success (thanks a ton sarge), my only question is that over time the AI seems to stop spawning in. Is there a way to prevent this?

How much time ? I havent run a fully fledged test over hours on a populated server. There is a limitation in Arma 2 that you can only have 144 groups defined - maybe you reach taht limit? Despawning groups removes these, and the free slots should be used again, but that's a "should", never really tested it.

What does help in debugging this is the small number that you can see close to the debug waypoints. If you reached 144 here (or a similar high number, think some groups are used by Dayz), this might be an issue.

Let me know what you find out please.

Tx, Sarge

How much time ? I havent run a fully fledged test over hours on a populated server. There is a limitation in Arma 2 that you can only have 144 groups defined - maybe you reach taht limit? Despawning groups removes these, and the free slots should be used again, but that's a "should", never really tested it.

What does help in debugging this is the small number that you can see close to the debug waypoints. If you reached 144 here (or a similar high number, think some groups are used by Dayz), this might be an issue.

Let me know what you find out please.

Tx, Sarge

Okay I will test later tonight, I remember when I was testing with another person for ~30 minutes with debug on the numbers were getting up around 25-ish.
Edit: Also thanks again, everybody loves it. My server usually has 15-25 players on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back