_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_prison", [3024.6147, 7969.0239]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [1500, 1500];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison = _this;

[SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison,1] call SAR_AI_heli;

i set the markersize down to 50,50 to see if it was doing the landing empty issue, but now it wont even spawn :/

the RPT shows this :
Code:
17:11:27 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
17:11:27 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_prison"
17:11:27 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"

and no mention of killing a hacker

ok i tell a lie, it did spawn, but it seemed to spawn on the edge of the co-ords, not the actual marker. i could hear a chopper in the distance. will try putting back down to 50,50 and seeing if it spawns. either way, looks to be a weird one-off!

i know i asked this before, but not sure if i'm right. will
floor(random 2)+1;
give either 2 or 3 as a return, or could it also give 0? not sure if the random 2 will count 1,2 or 0,1,2 as potential?
sorry!

I really don't understand this. I've edited the MPeventhandler.txt file whenever someone is kicked for a restriction but they are STILL being kicked. I even tried a blank MPeventhandler.txt but somehow I was still kicked.

Can someone with a confirmed 100% correct MPeventhander.txt that they can share? It DOES go into your BattlEye folder, right?

Anyone?

I really don't understand this. I've edited the MPeventhandler.txt file whenever someone is kicked for a restriction but they are STILL being kicked. I even tried a blank MPeventhandler.txt but somehow I was still kicked.

Can someone with a confirmed 100% correct MPeventhander.txt that they can share? It DOES go into your BattlEye folder, right?

Did you delete the log file when you updated MPeventhandler.txt? I didn't have to touch the eventhandler only the scripts.txt as per the readme file.

Is anyone running this on Panthera 1.7 or 1.8?

I have got helis working fine, bandits/soldiers working all good so...

I am wanting to do grid definition for the automatic spawn system. So I am after the grid squares e.g. SAR_area_0_0. I just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction.

@Sabbath - you still reading this thread?? ;)

EDIT! - Is it ok to change the heli type or will the script not work??

Thanks in advance!

Did you delete the log file when you updated MPeventhandler.txt? I didn't have to touch the eventhandler only the scripts.txt as per the readme file.

No, the log continues to update as it detects more problems. After I commented out all the lines in the scripts.txt that were kicking players, I started getting remoteexec kicks, so I commented those out, then I started getting the mpeventhandler kicks so I started commenting them out but now people are getting kicked for restrictions that are commented out.

I just edited the mpeventhandler.txt file so instead of commented out, I changed the commented out lines to "1", which I understand supposedly only logs restrictions instead of kicks for them.

ok i tell a lie, it did spawn, but it seemed to spawn on the edge of the co-ords, not the actual marker. i could hear a chopper in the distance. will try putting back down to 50,50 and seeing if it spawns. either way, looks to be a weird one-off!
it should spawn somewhere within the marker area.

i know i asked this before, but not sure if i'm right. will
floor(random 2)+1;
give either 2 or 3 as a return, or could it also give 0? not sure if the random 2 will count 1,2 or 0,1,2 as potential?
sorry!
it will never give 0.

it will never give 0.
ah cool, thanks. and sorry, didn't realise that about the heli's i thought the marker point was where it spawned from. so choppers should be working.

one suggestion, is it possible to move some of the user-configurable settings in to a separate file that might not need updating as much? if i edit the dead time/respawn time/humanity count/skins/loadouts, etc then when theres a new file it gets overwritten. could we have a sort of user_config.sqf file or something that holds user changes? if not no worries :)

Updated earlier to the latest version can't figure out what I did wrong

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_define.hpp, line 32: .CfgIdentities: Member already defined.

I have one entry to include SAR_define in my description.ext right at the end

hey Sarge, attached my updated lingor grps. auto spawns now include a mix of soldiers/survivors and bandits and increased count/chance of each. the heli patrols are now extended in range, and spawn with a random chance of soldier or bandit. i was tempted to do random amounts of the auto spawns too, so its diff each time, but won't for now :p

in the ai_init.sqf i altered the bandits to include survivor skins (as every bandit has to start somewhere) and also soldiers to have survivor skins, so basically everyone looks the same and you take a chance on shooting or being shot.
makes it more interesting than knowing if you see a bandit skin, just shoot.

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grps_lingor.sqf
    10.9 KB · Views: 6
also, when did the AI start talking?! scared the hell out of me as i thought i'd forgotten to password protect my server again!!!

1.0.3 is working great for me, any chance to get respawn timers on the static AI now? I am more worried about farming what they are defending instead of farming the AI weapons.

Can someone explain the MarkerSize to me. I've always assumed its the same as setting a marker in the editor, so for example a 50x50 marker will just about cover the devils castle. But, i use that with my static troops with this script, they jump into a heli and fly off (which I thought they only did when their next waypoint was over 1600meters away?) .. lol .. anyway, would be grateful if someone could explain this to me, so I can stop scratching my head!

Also, how do I keep the heli patrol flying in a certain area? I've set a 500,500 area and they fly off into the distance never to be seen again, same for 100,100 and even 50,50 .. So again, maybe I'm just not understanding the markersize thing!

Can someone explain the MarkerSize to me. I've always assumed its the same as setting a marker in the editor, so for example a 50x50 marker will just about cover the devils castle. But, i use that with my static troops with this script, they jump into a heli and fly off (which I thought they only did when their next waypoint was over 1600meters away?) .. lol .. anyway, would be grateful if someone could explain this to me, so I can stop scratching my head!

Also, how do I keep the heli patrol flying in a certain area? I've set a 500,500 area and they fly off into the distance never to be seen again, same for 100,100 and even 50,50 .. So again, maybe I'm just not understanding the markersize thing!

Well, static troops shouldnt fly off if your areamarker is set to only a small size. i actually never saw my troops go away. Did you change anything in the UPSMON init file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back