SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd assume it would be something similar to how the bandit/survivor skin list is used. have an array, when it's spawned it picks a random one. i might go play about too :)

one thing i'm not sure about, is if it picks the heli_type once, then creates all spawns, or checks it every spawn. so even if you randomised it i don't know if it would take that random value and use it for all X spawns, or if every spawn would run the randomise function again

Yeah will play around with it thanks.

this spawns, but i haven't been able to see what heli's to check if they are all random, but by all means feel free to use this as a base:

//HELI ARRAY LIST
_heli_list = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","MH60S","Mi24_D","AH64D"];

// define the type of heli you want to use here for the heli patrols
SAR_heli_type = _heli_list select floor(random 5);

**EDIT**
well the one it spawned near me definitely wasn't the UH1H it looked more like an apache so i'm assuming the above code works

Hi all!

Wonder if someone can help me? i have added som more buildings to my map and i want to add some static AI to guard it but cant get it to work. Would be great if someone could post an example of how to do it so i know where t omake the changes. Also is there a "max" limit of patrolling Ai:s in each grid?

Hi. i have removed
Code:
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,1],[0,0,80],[0,0,3]],"SAR_area_5_1"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

all of those lines but i keep getting random spawns.. i only want my static ai patrols to spawn..

A little help please :)

Hi Sarge, and thanks for ur amazing script, they do another game in my server !

But I have a problem with the AI Soldier and Survivor. When we are like 2 player (or more), and if we kill the patrol (soldier and survivor), after when we try to get in a car, there is just only one player who can get in. I mean, the other can't go in because the action message are not displayed...
And its perfectly fine with the bandit AI.

If we want to get in, we need to deco/reco, and they works fine :)

Btw I also have a problem with the chopper and AI patrol.. It looks like they just crash instead of flying around

They have a known issue ?

One of the players on my server just picked up a radio off of one of the AI and asked if it could be used for anything. We all said no and then he brought up a pretty cool idea and asked me if it was possible. I wasn't sure so I figured I would ask here.

He wanted to know if it would be possible to add a script that allows a player to use a radio to call for AI reinforcements.

Hi. i have removed
Code:
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,1],[0,0,80],[0,0,3]],"SAR_area_5_1"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

all of those lines but i keep getting random spawns.. i only want my static ai patrols to spawn..

from what Sarge told me, removing the lines puts in default values, you have to zero the numbers instead.
for example:

_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0]],"SAR_area_5_2"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Hi Sarge, and thanks for ur amazing script, they do another game in my server !

But I have a problem with the AI Soldier and Survivor. When we are like 2 player (or more), and if we kill the patrol (soldier and survivor), after when we try to get in a car, there is just only one player who can get in. I mean, the other can't go in because the action message are not displayed...
And its perfectly fine with the bandit AI.

If we want to get in, we need to deco/reco, and they works fine :)

Btw I also have a problem with the chopper and AI patrol.. It looks like they just crash instead of flying around

They have a known issue ?

the chopper crashing sounds like the server_cleanup. check the RPT file for something along the lines of "killing a hacker"....if so, follow the instructions in the guide.

the chopper crashing sounds like the server_cleanup. check the RPT file for something along the lines of "killing a hacker"....if so, follow the instructions in the guide.

Thanks, they works !

Do u have issue for the Soldier killing ?

Thanks, they works !

Do u have issue for the Soldier killing ?

i think it was reported somewhere about a bandit and non-bandit not being able to enter the same vehicle. not sure if it's been fixed or if its a sarge-ai or dayz issue. sarge would probably be able to give you a better idea :)

Anyone having a issue if your friends are survivors and your a bandit you can't get in in vehicle?

This is an issue that cant be fixed sadly. If you are a bandit and you were tracked / seen by any AI, your rating ingame is set to -10000, which makes you an enemy to all sides. Players that are on different sides cant join a vehicle together.

Nothing i can do about this sadly.

Hey guys,

first of all the script is running excellent. But... i have some questions, maybe the where asked already then a hint/link would helpful.

1. Is is possible to configure a maximum of how many AI units will be spawned all over the map ? If yes, where can i do this. (I have 4 enemy helis flying around my copter... and thats way too much)

2. Is it possible to change the skill of the enemy units or will this taken from the default difficulty settings ? If yes, where can i do this. (Except the default settings)

3. If i´m wearing camo.... is it more difficult for enemy AI to spot me ? Or is this just a gimmick in combat against other players ?

Thanks in advance... really awesome job which gives a lot to any map.

a) you can configure the automatic spawn values in your grps_cfg file.
b) skills are taken from default class configuration. I recommend to get ASR_AI (armaholic) to finetune.
c) yes it is more difficult for AI to spot you

my guess (though no idea if it'd work) would be to have the array of heli's above that, and then the actual heli_type picks a random one from that array, as i'm assuming that line can only accept one heli_type.
so something like

heli_option[1] = ["UH1H_DZ"]
heli_option[2] = ["Mi17_DZ"]
heli_option[3] = ["MH60S"]

SAR_heli_type= heli_option[floor(random 3)]

as i said, can't confirm if this would work, someone who has worked in this sorting of scripting may be better suited, i was coming at it from a different angle. i'm sure you could try, if it broke anything just remove those lines again

use BIS_fnc_Random for this. so:

SAR_heli_type_list = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","MH60S","Mi24_D","AH64D"];
SAR_heli_type = SAR_heli_type_list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

cheers

Sarge

i'd assume it would be something similar to how the bandit/survivor skin list is used. have an array, when it's spawned it picks a random one. i might go play about too :)

one thing i'm not sure about, is if it picks the heli_type once, then creates all spawns, or checks it every spawn. so even if you randomised it i don't know if it would take that random value and use it for all X spawns, or if every spawn would run the randomise function again

It would pick that one for every spawn.

I will include the randomize function in my next release for every single spawn.

Hi all!

Wonder if someone can help me? i have added som more buildings to my map and i want to add some static AI to guard it but cant get it to work. Would be great if someone could post an example of how to do it so i know where t omake the changes. Also is there a "max" limit of patrolling Ai:s in each grid?

at the moment, define a static area thet only covers this buidlings area.

My next release will have actions configurable for AI like ambush/fortify/patrol.

Hi. i have removed
Code:

For the time being, you will need to disable AI in every single grid. OR you adjust the default loadout for I in SAR_AI_init.

search for the line

Code:
// standard grid definition - maxgroups (ba,so,su) - probability (ba,so,su) - max group members (ba,so,su)
        SAR_AI_monitor set[count SAR_AI_monitor, [_markername,[1,1,1],[50,30,50],[3,5,3],[],[],[]]];

and set the 1,1,1 to 0,0,0.

My next release has the ability to switch on/off the automaric spawning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back