SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sarge. Any idea what I would need to add in the server pho for Taviana.com to keep the choppers from being crashed at start for "hacker"? I have no problems on my Cherno server. Thanks :)

Hey Sarge. Any idea what I would need to add in the server pho for Taviana.com to keep the choppers from being crashed at start for "hacker"? I have no problems on my Cherno server. Thanks :)

Did you adjust the server_cleanup.fsm ?

That looks good to me. Are you sure you got 2 survivor and 2 soldier groups? How did you distinguish?
The soldiers were in cammo clothing, the survivors were not lol.

I'm also not seeing nearly as many groups as i'm setting to spawn. I made a spawnpoint in the city with all three types, 4 groups of each, at 6 people per group.

That should have set like 80 or so AI in that place.. When i go there, i MIGHT see 1-2, which i'm pretty sure are just the dynamic patrols anyway. Not sure why my static spawns aren't working right.

Also my heli's crash as soona s they spawn, but i think i saw a fix for that in the thread, i'll look it up myself.

Love the scripts, but for some reason its just buggy for me.

well, check the rpt for any issues, set the KRON_UPS_DEBUG to 1 and see how many dots and which color you get on the map. I just tried the same setup, with respawns enabled .... Slaughter is a too friendly term for what i saw ...

bugfixes for 1.1.0 uploaded to github.

- respawn fix to workaround Dayz logic implemented
- cleaned up hit and kill eventhandler for AI
- made vehicle fix off by default
- adjusted some debug messages
- fixed heli aggro logic
- some minor stuff

bugfixes for 1.1.0 uploaded to github.

- respawn fix to workaround Dayz logic implemented
- cleaned up hit and kill eventhandler for AI
- made vehicle fix off by default
- adjusted some debug messages
- fixed heli aggro logic
- some minor stuff

Sarge, first of all ty for the fast fix.

What would I have to change if I want to lower the time a heli spawn/patrol the area. Meaning less patrol, so it will be a rare sight when they actually appear. The problem now is, heli comes so often it becomes annoying rather than of a rare occurence.

Also is it possible to make AI drop nothing ? Players in my server have been hunting AI soldiers for their equipments

What would I have to change if I want to lower the time a heli spawn/patrol the area. Meaning less patrol, so it will be a rare sight when they actually appear. The problem now is, heli comes so often it becomes annoying rather than of a rare occurence.

Also is it possible to make AI drop nothing ? Players in my server have been hunting AI soldiers for their equipments

You can change how long an AI body stays on the ground after death. This way your players won't have enough time to loot the bodies. Go to your mission folder\addons\SARGE\SAR_config.sqf and edit the following.

Code:
// -----------------------------------------------
// Timeout values

// time after which units and groups despawn after players have left the area
SAR_DESPAWN_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

// time after which dead AI bodies are deleted
SAR_DELETE_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

You could also change what items the AI spawn with in the same file by editing the following.

Code:
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Weapon & Item Loadout
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// potential weapon list for leaders
SAR_leader_weapon_list = ["M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M"];
SAR_leader_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for leaders -> Item / Chance 1 - 100
SAR_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60]];
SAR_leader_tools =  [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",5],["NVGoggles",5],["ItemRadio",100]];

//potential weapon list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","M1014"];
SAR_rifleman_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60]];
SAR_rifleman_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

//potential weapon list for snipers
SAR_sniper_weapon_list = ["M4A1_Aim","SVD_CAMO","Huntingrifle"];
SAR_sniper_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for snipers
SAR_sniper_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["Skin_Sniper1_DZ",10]];
SAR_sniper_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make the helicopter patrols seem more rare you try lowering the amount of patrols and increase the area the patrol. Go to your mission folder\addons\SARGE\map_config\SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf (or whatever map you are using) and edit

Code:
//
// Definition of area markers for static spawns
//

// soutcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_soutcoast", [7997.2837, 2687.6707]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [6500, 1200];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast = _this;

// eastcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_eastcoast", [13304.196, 8220.9795]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1200, 6000];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_eastcoast = _this;

// NWAF, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_NWAF", [4525.3335, 10292.299]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1500, 500];
_this setMarkerDir 59.354115;
SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf = _this;

// NEAF, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_NEAF", [12034.16, 12725.376, 0]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1000, 600];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_neaf = _this;

As far as the helicopter patrols, I believe this that is what you need to edit but I am not positive. I haven't messed with it myself too much. I hope this helps.

You can change how long an AI body stays on the ground after death. This way your players won't have enough time to loot the bodies. Go to your mission folder\addons\SARGE\SAR_config.sqf and edit the following.

Code:
// Timeout values

// time after which units and groups despawn after players have left the area
SAR_DESPAWN_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

You could also change what items the AI spawn with in the same file by editing the following.

Code:
// Weapon & Item Loadout

// potential weapon list for leaders
SAR_leader_weapon_list = ["M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M"];
SAR_leader_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for leaders -> Item / Chance 1 - 100
SAR_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60]];
SAR_leader_tools =  [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",5],["NVGoggles",5],["ItemRadio",100]];

//potential weapon list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","M1014"];
SAR_rifleman_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60]];
SAR_rifleman_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

//potential weapon list for snipers
SAR_sniper_weapon_list = ["M4A1_Aim","SVD_CAMO","Huntingrifle"];
SAR_sniper_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for snipers
SAR_sniper_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["Skin_Sniper1_DZ",10]];
SAR_sniper_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make the helicopter patrols seem more rare you try lowering the amount of patrols and increase the area the patrol. Go to your mission folder\addons\SARGE\map_config\SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf (or whatever map you are using) and edit

Code:
//
// Definition of area markers for static spawns
//

// soutcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_soutcoast", [7997.2837, 2687.6707]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [6500, 1200];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast = _this;

// eastcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_eastcoast", [13304.196, 8220.9795]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1200, 6000];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_eastcoast = _this;

// NWAF, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_NWAF", [4525.3335, 10292.299]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1500, 500];
_this setMarkerDir 59.354115;
SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf = _this;

// NEAF, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_NEAF", [12034.16, 12725.376, 0]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1000, 600];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_neaf = _this;

As far as the helicopter patrols, I believe this that is what you need to edit but I am not positive. I haven't messed with it myself too much. I hope this helps.

I am really grateful you took your time to help me on my post, let me try it out and with a clearer idea in mind now by your explanation, should be good to go.

I would define an area that covers the whole map, and let 1 heli spawn in there - so this heli flies all around the map, and is not constantly seen at one place.

To make AI drop nothing at all, adjust the delete time - just removing their loadout will not work, they need a weapon to engage players.

Code:

set this to 1 instead of 120, so bodies will vanish instantly after having been shot.

To make AI drop nothing at all, adjust the delete time - just removing their loadout will not work, they need a weapon to engage players.

I'm having sort of the opposite problem, but I also guess there isn't really a solution, however I am trying to use the AI to bring items to the map that otherwise wouldn't be possible. It works fairly well except they really like to loot the ammo that I have spawning with their loadouts off their buddies' corpses or out of player vehicles. Like I said, I figure this is actually impossible, but is there some way to get them to ignore it?

Sarge, anyway to disable the radio fix that you did for 1.1. It has killed of my ability to use the radio for things like other kill message scripts and my loop messages for informing the server of certain rules.

Thanks

Sarge, anyway to disable the radio fix that you did for 1.1. It has killed of my ability to use the radio for things like other kill message scripts and my loop messages for informing the server of certain rules.

Thanks

Depends how you implemented these other things. What i do is overwrite the identities of AI with new classes that cant speak. How do you broadcast your messages?

Hey Sarge, love the new changes! I did notice a small bug related to AI stealing Heli's. After disabling AI stealing vehicles in the config: SAR_AI_STEAL_VEHICLE = false;

After changing this I watched an AI get into my chopper and fly off. Does this new script only work for cars, and not heli's? Or am I missing something?

Hey,

Really love this, having so much fun with it thanks!

Question: Is it possible to have the helicopter lights on?

heli action ["lightOn", heli];

I think that is the code needed just not sure how to place it?

Hey Sarge, love the new changes! I did notice a small bug related to AI stealing Heli's. After disabling AI stealing vehicles in the config: SAR_AI_STEAL_VEHICLE = false;

After changing this I watched an AI get into my chopper and fly off. Does this new script only work for cars, and not heli's? Or am I missing something?

Hmmm .... that vehicle use or no-use is handled within UPSMON - i never saw that situation, will keep an eye on it.

Hey,

Really love this, having so much fun with it thanks!

Question: Is it possible to have the helicopter lights on?

heli action ["lightOn", heli];

I think that is the code needed just not sure how to place it?

In theory yes :) You would need to let this command run for the AI piloting the chopper though. AND Arma switches the lights of for vehicles that are in "combat" or "stealth" mode, afaik.

Can i make AI bandage themself after getting shot?

I think this will make them more real

Not easily. And tbh you would need to implement some very nifty logic - AI was wounded - runs to some safe cover - bandages - engages back. If they bandage on the spot where they have been wounded, they just become easy targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back