SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm ... if you adjusted these 2 you should be fine. I didnt copy the KRON_UPS_reinforcement into my configs.

I switched it from 2 to 0 because it says that having it set to 2 in order to use reinforcements, which I don't want to do, to see if that's what is happening....

well, then it's another issue. you said static AI is not respawning ? Did you enable the debug levels and check the rpt ?

Did you setup a small area where you spawn static ai, kill them and check if they respawn ?

well, then it's another issue. you said static AI is not respawning ? Did you enable the debug levels and check the rpt ?

Did you setup a small area where you spawn static ai, kill them and check if they respawn ?

I have several AI bandits set to a small area, guarding some weapons. Twice now I've gone there a while after they were killed and there's none there, even though I have it set to respawn static AI. I am theorizing that maybe they were being called away as reinforcements, which was the reason behind my post asking if it's possible that they are being called to help, thus leading me to asking if it's possible that is happening, since I didn't know if static AI would respond to calls for reinforcements. I haven't tested the setting yet, as it's been about an hour since I set it. I will wait and see what happens today.

Also, in regards to the RPT file, I wouldn't even know where to begin looking in the RPT file for information about the AI not respawning. My file's over 2MB in size right now. What am I looking for?

Sarge, I was trying to add sidechat info about kills involving players via adding the following lines to init.sqf:

deathfunction = {
private ["_dead","_killer"];
_dead = _this select 0;
_killer = _this select 1;
if ( {isPlayer _x} count [_dead, _killer] < 1) exitWith {};
if (_dead == _killer) exitWith {[side player, "HQ"] sideChat format ["%1 killed himself", name _killer];};
[side player, "HQ"] sideChat format ["%1 killed %2", name _killer, name _dead];
};

{
_x addMPEventHandler ["mpkilled", {_this call deathfunction;}];
} forEach allUnits;

however, it's not working. Any clues if this should work at all?

Just implemented the functionality in my files :) I have an eventhandler for killed AI anyhow, so i just needed to extend that a bit.

Release will come friday i think, if everything goes well.

cheers, Sarge

I have several AI bandits set to a small area, guarding some weapons. Twice now I've gone there a while after they were killed and there's none there, even though I have it set to respawn static AI. I am theorizing that maybe they were being called away as reinforcements, which was the reason behind my post asking if it's possible that they are being called to help, thus leading me to asking if it's possible that is happening, since I didn't know if static AI would respond to calls for reinforcements. I haven't tested the setting yet, as it's been about an hour since I set it. I will wait and see what happens today.

Also, in regards to the RPT file, I wouldn't even know where to begin looking in the RPT file for information about the AI not respawning. My file's over 2MB in size right now. What am I looking for?

Well, stop your server, delete the file, restart the server, kill the static AI and see what happens, after how long they respawn.

Hi,
Have hopefully a quick question. I want to spawn groups of AI that roam/patrol around the whole map, so players can maybe bump into them randomly almost anywhere. I imagine that I could use static spawns around the middle area of the map and set
_this setMarkerSize [14000, 14000]; ??

to make an area the size of the whole map? They should avoid water etc...? Any performance issues with this? Thinking of having about 9 groups spawn this way.

EDIT: eh. I guess that just using the dynamic grid system and filling out all 36 squares with possible spawns is probably the best way, but I was wondering about the above way too ;)

also, spawn probability in _check fn, is that is called each time the server starts (so once spawned, they will always be there, respawning if need be)?

Btw, use 7000,7000 - the x/y axis is actually HALF the full size of your area (similar as a radius)

Hey Jman,

couple of answers:

a) AI spotting ability at night is an ARMA thing - not easy to adjust i think. Put that on my list to check, but might be not that easy.

b) I have seen them jumping in and out of cars as well, usually if they jump out again they have an enemy (zed or player) on their targetlist. If nobody's around, they will use the vehicle to get to their next waypoint. There is a time constraint until when a new waypoint is set, and after another one is generated to avoid them getting stuck trying to get to a waypoint. That might have happened as well, so after they got in, the waypoint changed to a closer one and due to that they got out. Not easy to backtrack.

c) I saw the hovering as well, still trying to figure out what causes this.

cheers, Sarge

Thanks for the responses.

Giving the AI night vision of course fixed the "not seeing at night" issue, what is a weird thing is without the NVG's they still seem to see vehicles; helis at least; perfectly fine and shoot at them.

Keep up the good work mate, just wanted to point out a few things. Will await your next update. :)

using rmod and giving them custom skins from arma2 skin classes seems to give them aability to use flashlights. Awesome sight, seeing 4 of them descending from a hill towards Cherno at night with flashlights on.

Now, new find:

They fortify areas very well, but if the player who aggroed them leaves the area they keep chasing him indefinitely ignoring their "fortify" order. I'd like to see them return to original spot and re-fortify it, as it is too easy to just lure them out of an area they're supposed to be guarding.

Also Sarge, can you introduce a global switch to using / not using grid system triggers in cfg file? I think many folks want pre-defined locations of enemy/ friendly spawns rather than a living grid of spawning/despawning random squads, so all those "touchplates" checking if there's a player within grid area might be consuming server resources as an option, not all the time? The reason I'm asking is, I get a noticeable server performance drop if too many groups / NPCs are present on the map (over 15 groups in my case), which results in delays while bandaging / eating / picking up loot.

Maybe a global proximity trigger to switch off any AI procedures if there's no player within 1000m?

I'd love to populate every town ingame with groups of 3-5 armed adversaries, but at present the dayz.st server seems to kick the bucket performance-wise when I do that. So any options to smooth out performance would be greatly apreciated!

I've been running this, but I can't for the life of me spot any npc patrols. I've seen only 1 group of 3 survivors within a week of running the script. Is there a way to make them more prevalent? I've adjusted the max groups per grid to 20, but still haven't spotted any since then. There needs to be a way to reduce their distance from player or something.

Hiyas Sarge,
Version Sar AI: 1.1.0
Version Dayz: 1.7.5.1
Server package: Dayzcc
Version: 5.9.1.0
Mods: rMod 2.1
Debug: All except extreme

I am having a similar tho not as heavy issue as jeff from few posts ago. He has no ai spawn after fiddling with loadouts etc. My issue is that i changed some skins up on the bandits and the group members except for the leader were spawning without weapons. I switched all the skins for bandits back to defaults and they are now spawning in with weapon loadouts. I'm using dayz weapons for bandits not the rmod ones so am sure thats not issue. Nothing was showing up in reports about them not spawning in with weapons however. They all were spawning just not with weapons. Still havin a Hoot, Blut
Edit: Still have issue with groups that were killed respawning after leaving grid, just minor annoyance i consider them a welcoming back committee ;)

I don't get it ... you say you got red and blue markers, and 2 sentences later you got only red?
The circles with crosses that appear in debug are sometimes blue, sometimes red. When you look at the map and see the individual units, many soldiers and survivors appear in red. Also, I've boosted their spawn rate for better debugging, some units that spawn are green, but also shoot on sight, in fact ALL IA shoot on sight, even though our humanity has been set to 7000 each.

Thanks for the responses.

Giving the AI night vision of course fixed the "not seeing at night" issue, what is a weird thing is without the NVG's they still seem to see vehicles; helis at least; perfectly fine and shoot at them.

Keep up the good work mate, just wanted to point out a few things. Will await your next update. :)

AI in Arma have pretty good hearing abilities - i assume that's why they shoot choppers at night easily.

cheers, Sarge

The circles with crosses that appear in debug are sometimes blue, sometimes red. When you look at the map and see the individual units, many soldiers and survivors appear in red. Also, I've boosted their spawn rate for better debugging, some units that spawn are green, but also shoot on sight, in fact ALL IA shoot on sight, even though our humanity has been set to 7000 each.

I still dont get it.

a) the markers on the map with numbers close to them are the WAYPOINTS of the groups, not the groups or the AI.

b) you will see blue WP markers for soldiers and survivors, and red WP markers for bandits.

c) nothing in my mod sets markers for individual units. If you see them, they are configured in your server setup (check and switch to expert/veteran)

d) the humanity limit that you define in the config file means: EVERYBODY UNDER that level is considered hostile. So in a normal environment, you would set that number to -2500, the same value that DayZ uses to switch players to bandits.

e) There is absolutely no possibility for friendly AI to shoot friendly players, only possibility is if you shot them first. Check if you are running other mods that use AI / side definitions / whatever.

cheers, Sarge

Hiyas Sarge,
Version Sar AI: 1.1.0
Version Dayz: 1.7.5.1
Server package: Dayzcc
Version: 5.9.1.0
Mods: rMod 2.1
Debug: All except extreme

I am having a similar tho not as heavy issue as jeff from few posts ago. He has no ai spawn after fiddling with loadouts etc. My issue is that i changed some skins up on the bandits and the group members except for the leader were spawning without weapons. I switched all the skins for bandits back to defaults and they are now spawning in with weapon loadouts. I'm using dayz weapons for bandits not the rmod ones so am sure thats not issue. Nothing was showing up in reports about them not spawning in with weapons however. They all were spawning just not with weapons. Still havin a Hoot, Blut
Edit: Still have issue with groups that were killed respawning after leaving grid, just minor annoyance i consider them a welcoming back committee ;)

Grin :) can you post the skin definitions, and the rpt extract after the initialization of SAR AI ? I assume my loadout logic fails in certain circumstances, need your config to see why.

Thx & cheers,

Sarge

using rmod and giving them custom skins from arma2 skin classes seems to give them aability to use flashlights. Awesome sight, seeing 4 of them descending from a hill towards Cherno at night with flashlights on.

Now, new find:

They fortify areas very well, but if the player who aggroed them leaves the area they keep chasing him indefinitely ignoring their "fortify" order. I'd like to see them return to original spot and re-fortify it, as it is too easy to just lure them out of an area they're supposed to be guarding.

Also Sarge, can you introduce a global switch to using / not using grid system triggers in cfg file? I think many folks want pre-defined locations of enemy/ friendly spawns rather than a living grid of spawning/despawning random squads, so all those "touchplates" checking if there's a player within grid area might be consuming server resources as an option, not all the time? The reason I'm asking is, I get a noticeable server performance drop if too many groups / NPCs are present on the map (over 15 groups in my case), which results in delays while bandaging / eating / picking up loot.

Maybe a global proximity trigger to switch off any AI procedures if there's no player within 1000m?

I'd love to populate every town ingame with groups of 3-5 armed adversaries, but at present the dayz.st server seems to kick the bucket performance-wise when I do that. So any options to smooth out performance would be greatly apreciated!

Yepp i know about the fortify. My issue is that ia am totally rewriting UPSMON at the moment, which is a major task. UPSMON simply is partially buggy and partially doesnt fulfill these requirements. I am implementing a "fortify, no follow" logic at the moment, but that takes it's time. Vehicles are bugged as well in UPSMON, so tons of stuff to rewrite ...

About the global switch .... ahem ..... hmmm .... ahem ... did you try out

Code:
// -----------------------------------------------
// enable or disable dynamic grid spawning
// -----------------------------------------------
SAR_dynamic_spawning = false;

That's exactly what you asked for, completely disabling the dynamic grid spawning ...

Can you set that to false, and try to see if your server still has lag issues ? I had > 100 AIs on my vm server, and it didnt lag - i was the only player though. Something interferes when more ppl are online, i want to figure out if that is general number of AI, number of groups, static/dynamic spawns, UPSMON or no UPSMON.

Thx & cheers, Sarge

I still dont get it.

a) the markers on the map with numbers close to them are the WAYPOINTS of the groups, not the groups or the AI.

b) you will see blue WP markers for soldiers and survivors, and red WP markers for bandits.

c) nothing in my mod sets markers for individual units. If you see them, they are configured in your server setup (check and switch to expert/veteran)

d) the humanity limit that you define in the config file means: EVERYBODY UNDER that level is considered hostile. So in a normal environment, you would set that number to -2500, the same value that DayZ uses to switch players to bandits.

e) There is absolutely no possibility for friendly AI to shoot friendly players, only possibility is if you shot them first. Check if you are running other mods that use AI / side definitions / whatever.

cheers, Sarge

c) What I'm saying that, when you open your map, you can see yourself as a blue circle with an arrow, and you see other players as blue circles and an arrow. Zombies appear in orange and are usually labeled something like "man". In this case, some AI appear red, some appear green, as if its showing their side.

d)I know, when I changed the humanity to 7000, i did it through the database, i left the -2500 limit as it was

e) I use auto-refuel and heli lift, not sure how they could interfere...

I've been running this, but I can't for the life of me spot any npc patrols. I've seen only 1 group of 3 survivors within a week of running the script. Is there a way to make them more prevalent? I've adjusted the max groups per grid to 20, but still haven't spotted any since then. There needs to be a way to reduce their distance from player or something.

Very likely you messed something up. You can see if AI are present on your map if you set KRON_UPS_DEBUG to 1.

Sarge

c) What I'm saying that, when you open your map, you can see yourself as a blue circle with an arrow, and you see other players as blue circles and an arrow. Zombies appear in orange and are usually labeled something like "man". In this case, some AI appear red, some appear green, as if its showing their side.

d)I know, when I changed the humanity to 7000, i did it through the database, i left the -2500 limit as it was

e) I use auto-refuel and heli lift, not sure how they could interfere...

Hi Meuk,

The markers that you see are there because you have your server configured to do so - I would recommend you can leave that on for testing, but for a live server, switch them off (ARMA2OAProfile).

I tried that on my environment - military AI are shown as green, regardless if i shoot them or not. My color switched from blue to orange after i shot one of them.

so any green unit marker you see are friendly AI units (military and survivors), and red ones are hostile AI units. The markers ARE showing their side. Blue = West, Green = resistance, orange = enemy and red = east = bandits.

Given that bandits CAN wear survivor skins, you might confuse bandit groups with survivor groups. Set the bandit skins to only contain bandit skins, and check ingame who shoots you.

cheers, Sarge

Hi Meuk,

The markers that you see are there because you have your server configured to do so - I would recommend you can leave that on for testing, but for a live server, switch them off (ARMA2OAProfile).

I tried that on my environment - military AI are shown as green, regardless if i shoot them or not. My color switched from blue to orange after i shot one of them.

so any green unit marker you see are friendly AI units (military and survivors), and red ones are hostile AI units. The markers ARE showing their side. Blue = West, Green = resistance, orange = enemy and red = east = bandits.

Given that bandits CAN wear survivor skins, you might confuse bandit groups with survivor groups. Set the bandit skins to only contain bandit skins, and check ingame who shoots you.

cheers, Sarge
Ok Thanks,

I've already had reports of green markers shooting at first sight, I'll continue testing and I'll inform you about the results.

has anyone got stationary AI to work on Lingor? The grid AI works great for us, we even changed the Bandits to Taki skins, and gave all the AI different loadouts.... but that pesky stationary ai is still not showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back