Server stopped responding

24/7 40+ people @ my server.
after updating to 1.7.4.4 the server is crashing at restart randomly --> database.dll error
i downloaded the latest hive files (not from pwnoz0r) now it restarts fine, but is crashing randomly after 1 hour
i tried all beta patches (arma2) 98866,99153, 99202.. its something with the hivefiles.

ok guys, the crashes are cause by the new Hive dll's but i was talking to Rajko (the guy that made the new hive) and he is working on a fix for it BUT he also advises against reverting to an older hive dll as "Bad Bad Things" can happen

ok guys, the crashes are cause by the new Hive dll's but i was talking to Rajko (the guy that made the new hive) and he is working on a fix for it BUT he also advises against reverting to an older hive dll as "Bad Bad Things" can happen

Thank You :)

Has anyone worked out what we can do to help prevent these crashes until a hotfix is released? IE is there something triggering it?

Just had my server crash 10+ times in a row. Rebooting the server comp let it start finally. Not an option for all, but it worked. For now. Guessing I've only bought some time.

DO NOT USE THESE FILES as is!!! They are not correctly configured, no local host, port, username or password specified!!!

You need to change the hiveExt.ini before using these!

Don't overwrite your ini file then, genius.
Maybe think before you post BIG FAT WARNINGS that others might heed.

Why should we not test the hotfix if we are already suffering from crashes? :S Surely those who are suffering are in more dire need for it - it often takes me 4 attempts to even start my server

I've installed and we'll see if we get any crashing, mine have been pretty consistent. I was also having issues with it crashing when lots of people logged in at once.

It's not stapo's.
The fix is from github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/issues/115
And it says DO NOT USE if you are NOT suffering from crashes, because it didnt go through the testing procedure.

Back