.... You want to run an Overwatch or Epidemic server with what I showed you ... is that the question?
The private server pack just inserts the 'framework' of a server into your arma installation (including version 5.5 mysql database,
version 5.7 available here). It includes the cfgdayz folder which contains your server.cfg. It has startup batch files already configured.
Here is a
screenshot of my private server folders, as you can see, I have more than dayz.
So what I do to add a new mod into my private server is copy the mod files (@dayz, @dayz_overwatch, @dayz_epoch etc) and the server files (@hive, @dayz_overwatch_server, @dayz_epoch_server etc ). So now you have all the mods installed. The key is how to start them with their own config files in the cfgdayz folder. What I do is create a folder named 'config'. Now MOVE cfgdayz folder into the config folder. Now copy that cfgdayz folder several times so you have 3 or 4 copies of it inside the config folder. Each cfgdayz folder needs to be RENAMED for the mod you want. dayz, overwatch, overpoch, epoch, epidemic ... whatever. they will all be identical.
Now the BASIC.CFG you never touch, thats the same for all mods. The server.cfg (or dayz.cfg whatever its called) I rename that the same as the mod so I can keep them straight. Since they are in their own mod folders it doesnt really matter, they could all be server.cfg but ... lets name them for the mod as I did.
Edit each cfg file to point to the correct mission. Each mod has its own default mission that should be in the mpmissions folder. Here is my
overpoch.cfg file and here is my
dayz.cfg file, you will see they really only differ in the last part which is the mission they load.
Now this is where the magic happens: We have to start the server with the correct cfg file and the correct mods. That means a batch file that starts the mysql server, if using the included one, waits a few seconds for it to be initialized and then it starts the arma2oaserver with the correct parameters.
Here is the line you need to edit, this one loads my overpoch server. And we will go over all the
startup parameters
Code:
start .\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=@dayzoverwatch;@dayz_epoch;@dayz_epoch_server -name=infected -config=config\overpoch\overpoch.cfg -cfg=config\overpoch\basic.cfg -profiles=config\overpoch
- -mod = Load your mods folders separated by semicolon.
- -name = player name. This will be the 'profiles' to set server difficulty and will be stored in users folder that is INSIDE of the -profiles location. This isnt 'required' for the server to start.
- -config = load our servers config file. We have a folder for each 'mod' and use the path to it.
- -cfg = this is the basic.cfg, should be in the same folder as your server.cfg
- -profiles= as mentioned above, this is where the users folder will be created, with a playername folder that contains the difficulty settings. This is also the location of your armas0aserver.rpt file, so each mod can have separate files.
Here is my
@start_overpoch.bat file. NOTICE something at the top that I do because I will run separate mods. The DLL files for one mod, might not work with another mod. Usually they are included with the mods server files. So what I do is copy those dll files into the server files folder.
@dayz_epoch_server folder
and here is my dayz server folder
@hive folder
You will notice that all those files are different sizes. So they are NOT the same versions and generally will cause your database to not connect or the server to crash if you use the wrong ones.
So as I said, I put the DLL files into the mods server folder as shown and at the very top of my startup batch file, I copy those files into the servers root folder. One simple line,
copy .\@dayz_epoch_server\*.dll .\
Here is my config folder, mpmissions folder and startup bat files for you to peruse. My server is kind of a mess as I drop files in here and there and add/delete mods all the time when I look at someones files, so there might be some errors in there but you will get the general idea.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4RTx5O3wZvETWtoVmExT29XVDg