Simple(ish) Debug Monitor w/ toggling function and animation

Guys, if i wanted to show a picture of a non-vehicle or weapon image like ammo crates what can i put there?
I am trying with :

_pic = (gettext (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'BAF_BasicAmmunitionBox' >> 'picture'));

but it doesnt recognize it.
How can i show a specific image ?
BAF_BasicAmmunitionBox belongs to CfgVehicles...so whats the problem ?

Hey Matt,

First, thank you for the help you've provided me and countless others!

I'm running a DayZ Epoch Lingor server and when I add this debug to my server it's works beautifully, however it breaks the "cancel action by moving" feature. For example when you are deconstructing a wrecked vehicle from the road - once you start into step 1 of 3 there is no way to cancel that action. You cannot move, you must let the action and animation play out to completion. Any ideas how to fix this? I really like the debug monitor but it's not much of a choice between the debug and being able to flee zed attacks while in actions.

I've tested this on a brand new clean install of Dayz Epoch Lingor and a brand new DB.

Hey Matt,

I'm running a DayZ Epoch Lingor server and when I add this debug to my server it's works beautifully, however it breaks the "cancel action by moving" feature. For example when you are deconstructing a wrecked vehicle from the road - once you start into step 1 of 3 there is no way to cancel that action. You cannot move, you must let the action and animation play out to completion. Any ideas how to fix this? I really like the debug monitor but it's not much of a choice between the debug and being able to flee zed attacks while in actions.

I've tested this on a brand new clean install of Dayz Epoch Lingor and a brand new DB.

Which version of the debug? If you are using the animation version, there is a very likely explanation...It's extremely outdated. I havn't bothered to update it since I released a key code version. With the key code version, there is really no reason that should be happeneing though, as it doesn't use fn_seklfActions or any other action commands

I'm using this version: http://opendayz.net/threads/simple-ish-debug-monitor-w-toggling-function-and-animation.12567/

Using the last code you updated with in that post.

Hmm maybe it's the dikcode I used, F10 could cause some conflicts. I don't know about other mods. I'll post a different dikcode that you can try. 0x9D is the right control key. I'd try that. it goes here :
Code:
dayz_spaceInterrupt = {
    private ["_dikCode", "_handled"];
    _dikCode = _this select 1;
    _handled = false;

if (_dikCode == 0x44) then {
        if (debugMonitor) then {
            debugMonitor = false;
            hintSilent "";
        } else {[] spawn fnc_debug;};
    };
    _handled
};

If that does not solve the issues, then I truly havn't the slightest clue what could be causing your issues

Tried right ctrl. The button change worked and again the debug works great but for whatever reason the cancel action function breaks when that is applied. I've not tried this on any other servers other than Epoch Lingor so maybe it's a Lingor issue?

Tried right ctrl. The button change worked and again the debug works great but for whatever reason the cancel action function breaks when that is applied. I've not tried this on any other servers other than Epoch Lingor so maybe it's a Lingor issue?

Possibly. More than likely its an Epoch confliction, I believe someone else reported this very glitch to me at some point, can't remember if they ran Epoch or Lingor...or both like you xD

Tried a couple different key codes. All had the same results. Cannot break the action once it's started.

I really love this debug monitor. I am running a Epoch v1.0.2.3 server and when a player dies they now spawn in debug forest. I am using the monitor that only requires you to editing the ini file. Any suggestions why this would happen?

I really love this debug monitor. I am running a Epoch v1.0.2.3 server and when a player dies they now spawn in debug forest. I am using the monitor that only requires you to editing the ini file. Any suggestions why this would happen?

not a damn clue, I am using this on an epoch 1.0.2.2

This is the only addition to my server so far. It's weird but I have some ideas on what to do. I don't think it has to do with this awesome debug monitor. If I find a fix I'll post it here incase anyone else running epoch has the same issue.

This is the only addition to my server so far. It's weird but I have some ideas on what to do. I don't think it has to do with this awesome debug monitor. If I find a fix I'll post it here invade anyone else running epoch has the same issue.

I doubt it has to do with it too, simply because it's using the hint box...and nothing using the hint box >.> If the problem still occurs, i'd suggest merging this debug with the one provided in Dami's function + nosidechat.sqf 's or just using his.

FYI,

I'm still unable to use this. I do have another debug running without issue; it's similar but it does not have the toggle function. I'm thinking this toggle has everything to do with my issues. Does anyone here have any clues why this debug is interfering with may player action - for example, if I'm doing self bloodbag with this debug installed I cannot simply move to cancel the self blood bag option. I'm stuck in the entire animation sequence until finished...

Anyone? I really like this debug, specifically the toggle feature...

Hey Matt, is there a way I can set the debug monitor hidden on start-up and only when you press f10 will it come up? I am having an issue where the debug monitor conflicts with my mission system hints.

Hey Matt, is there a way I can set the debug monitor hidden on start-up and only when you press f10 will it come up? I am having an issue where the debug monitor conflicts with my mission system hints.

Never toyed around with it, but messing with the block of code underneath the dikcode should point you in the right direction, so
Code:
        if (debugMonitor) then {
            debugMonitor = false;
            hintSilent "";
    };
    _handled
};

might become

Code:
        if (debugMonitor) then {
            [] spawn fnc_debug;
        } else {
            debugMonitor = false;
            hintSilent "";
        };
    };
    _handled
};
or something similar

Hey Matt,

I have a similar problem, except when i add it to my server it will break ALL epoch building controls. so pg up/pg down/space e.t.c . I have also tried using different dikcode to change the toggle key. still the same thing. HOWEVER if i delete the "toggle key" part
Code:
dayz_spaceInterrupt = {
    _handled = false;

if (_dikCode == 0xC5) then {
        if (debugMonitor) then {
            debugMonitor = false;
            hintSilent "";
    };
    _handled
};

It works fine and i regain all control, any way of adding toggle without it conflicting perhaps?

I have a similar problem, except when i add it to my server it will break ALL epoch building controls. so pg up/pg down/space e.t.c . I have also tried using different dikcode to change the toggle key. still the same thing. HOWEVER if i delete the "toggle key" part
Code:
dayz_spaceInterrupt = {
    _handled = false;

if (_dikCode == 0xC5) then {
        if (debugMonitor) then {
            debugMonitor = false;
            hintSilent "";
    };
    _handled
};

It works fine and i regain all control, any way of adding toggle without it conflicting perhaps?

I've posted this on the forums like three times now. I discovered the fix for this weeks ago. You incorporate it into the dayz_spaceinterrupt in the compiles.sqf of the dayz_code pbo.

I never did get this to work, it broke "walk away to cancel action" but I've just modified the original dayz debug (thanks AxeCop) to suit my needs. Too bad I really liked this debug.

Back