Spectator Tools for Admins! DOWNLOAD + INSTALLATION (GCAM)

Ok so I installed the tool, really cool and all..

...but in my list I can only see players if I am really close to them (something like a radius of 500m)...how can I spectate all players??

Thanks

Im guess this doesnt work with panthera? Can anyone confirm if it does/doesn't been trying every fix in this thread for the past hour, and on my server providers IRC and still it gets stuck on the loading screen.

Ok so I installed the tool, really cool and all..

...but in my list I can only see players if I am really close to them (something like a radius of 500m)...how can I spectate all players??

Thanks

Im experiencing the same issue :(

what you have to do, and it sucks trying to find the person you want to find, is close the box out that shows the names of viewable objects. (the L key) after this is closed, use your arrow keys left or right to switch between players not on the list. I really wish they would just put a player list in that box instead of the closest npc objects and no players, unless your close to them of course. I have absolutely no need to see what that goat 25 meters from me is doing.

The biggest reason I want those things removed from that box is, I am using AI patrols on my map. when I press left or right it cycles through every single one of my AI troops before it gets to a player. (30+ AI on my map = suxx balls trying to get to a player)

It lags really bad any user with a low end GPU. i.e people with laptops or older pc's in general. Would be nice to see this tool in a more simpler form, i.e just one view from 2 meters above player with option to view inventory .. no fancy stuff , then you'd see the lag drop!

I hardly believe that my MSI HD7950 2GB OC or my FX8150 is the problem here... :)

You can disable the AI (at least Animals,didn't changed the other lines) by going into the gcam_config.hpp and change #define LISTANIMAL true to #define LISTANIMAL false. There is also an option to change how far the script should look for other players arround you (#define DETECTOBJECTDISTANCE viewDistance). Didn't test it thou.

And somebody really needs to find out how to stop this bad FPS/Lag when using GCAM.

This tool is no longer working for me. I dont want to look at cows, pigs and rabitts. Anyone know something similiar that can be used?

This tool is no longer working for me. I dont want to look at cows, pigs and rabitts. Anyone know something similiar that can be used?
You are aware when you press "L" it comes up with a list of players to select from?

Yes, but since the new version it shows all the animals and zeds around you when you press L. Before it listed players only, now it shows everything on the map. Several people are complaining about this.

Also, I can no longer see players inventory like before, it is all gone...

Yes, but since the new version it shows all the animals and zeds around you when you press L. Before it listed players only, now it shows everything on the map. Several people are complaining about this.

Also, I can no longer see players inventory like before, it is all gone...

I can second this, it seems like the list only shows the players/animals close to the person you're viewing.

After fixing several script restriction issues I have noticed this tool lags hard. The last version before 1.7.5.1 patch lagged a little bit but mostly only when viewing people via driving or flying. Now simple running is like a slideshow. All of my admins report the same thing so I seriously doubt its my machine since I play DayZ at a solid 40 to 60 frames.

Hey,
did you try the soulution that Spider postet ?

You can disable the AI (at least Animals,didn't changed the other lines) by going into the gcam_config.hpp and change #define LISTANIMAL true to #define LISTANIMAL false. There is also an option to change how far the script should look for other players arround you (#define DETECTOBJECTDISTANCE viewDistance). Didn't test it thou.

And somebody really needs to find out how to stop this bad FPS/Lag when using GCAM.

After fixing several script restriction issues I have noticed this tool lags hard. The last version before 1.7.5.1 patch lagged a little bit but mostly only when viewing people via driving or flying. Now simple running is like a slideshow. All of my admins report the same thing so I seriously doubt its my machine since I play DayZ at a solid 40 to 60 frames.

Everyone is experiencing this issue, there is no solution yet :/

People keep mentioning the lagg, which was noticeable on my machines and ALL my players complained about it as well. I don't see the developer commenting though, are they working on this?

Also I think the ability to view animals and other entities is a bit retarded (in a funny way), why would a sheep be cheating? lol.. I reckon most of the lag is due to the overall way in which these scripts scan the area and include unnecessary entities.

People keep mentioning the lagg, which was noticeable on my machines and ALL my players complained about it as well. I don't see the developer commenting though, are they working on this?

Also I think the ability to view animals and other entities is a bit retarded (in a funny way), why would a sheep be cheating? lol.. I reckon most of the lag is due to the overall way in which these scripts scan the area and include unnecessary entities.
You never heard of hackers making themselves into animals have you?

You never heard of hackers making themselves into animals have you?

Ah, but have you ever heard of animals making themselves into hackers?
Kidding.. you're right, I hadn't thought about that. So do animals share the same ID system as players then?

Pwnoz0r : can you please fix this script. It only shows the animals etc that are within a certain radius where as before it used to show all players on the map.

Pwnoz0r : can you please fix this script. It only shows the animals etc that are within a certain radius where as before it used to show all players on the map.

Have you tried this ?

Back