Strip vehicles for parts

Non .eu version. Taviana 2.0, it has lift and tow that work. I just made a few modifications in attempt to get the salvage to work. Let me know if you have any luck?

Did anyone ever get this working on a Taviana 2.0 server ?
I'm dying to try it but most replies show only Chernarus is working.

You don't need to edit dayz_code to run the script so just use your local dayz files on your PC you play the game from, all you need is to copy the file :)
Okay, correct me if im wrong, just to make sure.

1 Edit you init.sqf
// Something123:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "fixes\ss_remove.sqf";
};

2 Place ss_remove in fixes inside your mission.pbo and you're good to go..?

Hey guys!!!:) i followed the tutorial and had no problems to get the script working.

Don't really know if nobody has just really tested it out critically on any bugs, or if DarkHorse and me are the only ones who have those problems:

I removed the engine from a chopper:
-when i get in as pilot the engine is shown red
-the repair menu shown from outside the chopper says, the engine would be yellow
...and the chopper is still able to fly!?

I've also tested it with a SUV, and it is still driving without Engine and fueltank...

i'm not sure if i made a mistake, but maybe the script isn't working correctly!?

in case i made no mistake, this addon would just increase exploits on my server..
If theres no possibility to fix it i would try to limitate the function only for wheels,
but to get it running correctly would be awesome!

What about using the salvage_vehicles.sqf and the salvage.sqf?

Any Ideas?

Cheers!

its normal that you can drive a vehicle with a red engine, but it will explode as soon as you hit a stone or something...

I have the problem with the script that it allows duping... remove a part and skip the animation... you have the part in your inventory and the part isnt damaged on the vehicle, so you can get unlimited tires if a vehicle has one working tire... tried to change the code so that the tire gets damaged before the item is droped to the inventory, but somehow it didnt work well.

as you could see in our replies we have it running...should be no problem for taviana...but there have occured new issues which makes this function more unattractive to implement....if you want to accept that the players on your server can duplicate items with this script then use it...but i think the focus should be on solving these issues first!

Hey guys, I'm new to this convo, have been following it with interest for the last couple days, I can't get the pbo that GaryG has put up here to work, just goes to loading then after a while something went wrong. Running on Dayz.st tavi 2.0. Any help would be appreciated, I know there are problems with duping and such but would still like to get it running.

He's got a lot of custom stuff going on in his PBO so it's hard to say what's causing the issue.

Best place to start is with default Taviana pbo that I posted earlier in this thread and get it working on it's own first.

If anyone is interested, since adding silvershots remove vehicle parts action to the latest 1.7.6.1 self actions script my users so far have said they can't dupe items when removing stuff.. Maybe this will work for you as well ?

http://pastebin.com/Sw2neLEJ

I've also used the latest compiles and variables files. FYI!

If anyone is interested, since adding silvershots remove vehicle parts action to the latest 1.7.6.1 self actions script my users so far have said they can't dupe items when removing stuff.. Maybe this will work for you as well ?

http://pastebin.com/Sw2neLEJ

I've also used the latest compiles and variables files. FYI!

Will this also say REMOVE the actual wheel when you take it off rather than make it "Red"?

Back