[Suggestion] Bandit and Hero AI.. ?

Twistit

Chance for spawned ai to be Hero or Bandit? Especially for us Epoch users so we gain or lose humanity.
(Making bandit camp less useless)

If players are gaining too much humanity from bandit kills, then consider reducing or even removing the humanity bonus (by setting it to zero) in the DZAI config file. There are too many technical issues to make hero AI a possibility so that's your only option at this time.

can we set the skin to just be bandit skin, a few members are not sure if its a player or bandit heading to them. can we set the skin to just be bandits ?

Yes. Assuming you use Chernarus, it would be like this:
server.pbo > DZAI > init > World_Classname_Configs > epoch > dayz_epoch.sqf line DZAI_BanditTypes
Those are skin classnames the bandits will use.
There is also the ones in
server.pbo > DZAI > init > World_Classname_Configs > default > default_classnames.sqf line DZAI_BanditTypes

sorry for the follow up question some of the Ai will not attack you on sight I run a non PVP server so all AI need to be just Bandits so there something i should be aware of setting wise ? if i set them all to bandits some might not attack right?

lol well glad i feel a little more dumber for asking.

A member posted on our forum he was running with a Ai who was named survivor ... he run in a town with them for approx 10 mins in that time they met another AI so 2 AI and him run around the town at approx 10 mins they turned and shot him,

this was the reason i thought there might friendly AI like sarge version ... thanks for clearing it up

I think the AI display names are based on the skin that they're using, not what they actually are in terms of friendliness/hostility. I don't know for sure since I only playtest on Veteran difficulty.

Yes on recruit where you can scroll and get distance, the nametag is based on the skin. For example, a Ghillie comes up as Sniper.

Yes. Assuming you use Chernarus, it would be like this:
server.pbo > DZAI > init > World_Classname_Configs > epoch > dayz_epoch.sqf line DZAI_BanditTypes
Those are skin classnames the bandits will use.
There is also the ones in
server.pbo > DZAI > init > World_Classname_Configs > default > default_classnames.sqf line DZAI_BanditTypes

Do I need to change both for epoch or just the first file?

DZAI loads the default_classnames.sqf, then is reconfigured by the settings in the dayz_epoch.sqf file (for Epoch). You could edit either file but it's safer to keep all Epoch edits to the dayz_epoch.sqf file.

I changed dayz_epoch.sqf but some AI are still spawning as survivors. Am I doing something wrong here?

Code:
DZAI_banditTypes = [DZAI_banditTypes,["Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ","BanditW2_DZ","GUE_Soldier_MG_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","GUE_Soldier_2_DZ","Ins_Soldier_GL_DZ","GUE_Commander_DZ","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ","Bandit2_DZ"]] call DZAI_append;

I just looked at the default config file and this is what I have:

Code:
DZAI_BanditTypes = ["Survivor2_DZ", "SurvivorW2_DZ", "Bandit1_DZ", "BanditW1_DZ", "Camo1_DZ", "Sniper1_DZ"]; //List of skins for AI units to use

I use both static and dynamic spawns. I'm thinking one of them is ignoring the epoch config and pulling the settings from the default config file so I'll be changing both files for now.

If you want to remove class names then you may have to edit the default classnames file, because both files are read and combined.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hmm I changed both files but I'm still getting reports from players seeing survivor bandits. Any suggestions?

If you are running a map other than Chernarus then you may also have to check the appropriate folder in the world_classname_configs folder with the name of your map.

My server is Epoch Chernarus. Changed both files and still getting survivor bandits on static triggers.

I also have this setting enabled:

DZAI_modName = "epoch";

That should be flat out impossible. Check your RPT log during server start to see which classname files are being read.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

world_classname_config\chernarus\dayz_overwatch.sqf

These are the only skins I wish to use for the AI:

Code:
DZAI_BanditTypes = [DZAI_BanditTypes,["BanditW1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","RU_Soldier","RU_Commander","RU_Soldier_Sniper","RU_Soldier_SniperH","RUS_Soldier1","RUS_Soldier2","RUS_Soldier3"]] call DZAI_append;
diag_log "DayZ Overwatch classnames loaded.";

What else needs to be done to ensure I don't get survivor skin or camo skin AI? How can I just prevent DZAI from reading defualt DayZ class names and only use class names specified in DZAI?

Could I just comment out this line:
Code:
//diag_log "DayZ Overwatch classnames loaded.";
and this line:
Code:
//diag_log "DayZ (Default) classnames loaded.";
And stop the DZAI from looking for default DayZ classnames for skins?

Last edited:
Back