[SUPPORT] DayZ of Glory (SPORKMOD)

youre obviously doing somthing wrong squiggles, i have working on OW, added a bunch of stuff too :D , cant wait to merge mine with his newest version comming out soon :)

Oh lookie its panda.

This code is very nice. I run it on my epoch server and i was able to mod it with ease. The spawn menu, the levels, the amount of xp, rewards, gun shop menus, the "atm" object, even the sounds when you level up. (Which i totally stole from BF4 <_<, but hey they weren't using them!)

I also plan on adding a trader to my map that will trade $$$ for gold bars.

Quick question though, (I have not read the entire thread) but did you fix the double level 28?
Code:
if ((currentMoney >= (v29)) and (currentMoney < (v30)) and (Currentlevel == 28)) then
{
Currentlevel = 29;
profileNamespace setVariable [lvl_var, Currentlevel]; saveProfileNamespace; 
_setlevel = profileNamespace getVariable [lvl_var,0];
Currentlevel = _setlevel;
if (allow_texts) then {cutText [format["LEVEL %1 REACHED!", Currentlevel], "WHITE IN"];};
if (allow_sounds) then {playsound "Challenge_Completed";};genRewards = true;
};

if ((currentMoney >= (v29)) and (currentMoney < (v30)) and (Currentlevel == 28)) then
{
Currentlevel = 29;
if (allow_texts) then {cutText [format["LEVEL %1 REACHED!", Currentlevel], "WHITE IN"];};
};

if ((currentMoney >= (v30)) and (currentMoney < (v31)) and (Currentlevel == 29)) then
{
Currentlevel = 30;
};

Also (Not sure if you wanted this) but you don't have a check on zombie distance. So in theory people could loot zombies from as far as cursorTarget would go.

If anyone come across this in a google search just go to debug2.sqf around line 238 and replace
Code:
if (_isZombie) then {
with
Code:
if ((_isZombie) and (player distance cursorTarget < 5)) then

Also not sure if anyone knows about this BUT, death buy falling and death by explosions do not reset your cash(Tested in epoch). Mainly because theses deaths do not drain your blood. They simply just kill you.

To fix this change this line in debug2.sqf
Code:
if (r_player_blood <= 0) then
To this
Code:
if (damage player >= 1) then
This will reset your money on death! and do anything else you added on your death.

Last edited:
ok I was able to get this working, but the lag / low fps was crazy. Is there anyway to fix this?.

Running it on Epoch Panthera Map.

Last edited:
Alright guys, I have some questions here.

1. I would like to implement this into Epoch, but it makes my mission size gigantic, any way to trim it down a bit? I just want the money part of it.
  2. With the first question in mind, anyone know a way to implement this to work with the basic traders in Epoch? I don't need a bunch of random traders all over the map.
  3. And a way to save money values to the server, I don't care if I have to make a new SQL table if it requires that much.

I'm hoping someone can help with an issue I'm having. When I run 2.0 Dayz of Glory, I can't access the player stats journal (I key). Instead it shows a 1px line for a second. Great mod otherwise, I couldn't imagine playing Day Z without it now.

where is your RPT log?
and is your spaceinterrupt setting some other script to the I key?

Here's a link to the RPT:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qz13bk6p1ynxnad/arma2oaserver.RPT
The journal works fine with the old version of DoG. I've not remapped any keys. I even wrote a selfaction script to call the epeen_setText_journal.sqf from a menu action. It still does the same thing, shows a line on the screen for a split second. I've gone through most of the code for DoG 2.0, but I can't figure out what would interfere.

I dont see any pertinent errors in that rpt log.
Okay, now I think MAYBE we are on the same page. I thought you were having issues showing the DoG stats, but what you are saying is the in-game journal fails. There must be something in DoG that is closing all dialogs, some closedialog that is inside of a while {true} do { loop ...
perhaps there will be a clue in your client side arma2oa.rpt https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#ARMA_2_OA

That's right, the little book and crafting menu thing.

Here's a link to that rpt:
https://www.mediafire.com/?vh1wecmczsoqcki

You might be on to something there. I see a few errors pertaining to DOG, especially around line 84 of toggle.sqf, line 18 of debug.sqf, and line 20 of gunshop.sqf.

Code:
};>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _handled
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\@DayZofDuty\dod\toggle.sqf, line 84
Error in expression <DayZofDuty\DOD\message.sqf";

Also says something about message.sqf too. The question is, which of these 4 suspect files would interfere with the in game journal?

Are you using dayz 1.8.3 now?
I was just fooling with the files and noticed that there is now a new file keyboard.sqf that might be interfering with your scripts. ..

Are you using dayz 1.8.3 now?
I was just fooling with the files and noticed that there is now a new file keyboard.sqf that might be interfering with your scripts. ..
I'm still using 1.8.0.3. I've been trying to upgrade to 1.8.2 since yesterday, hoping that it would fix whatever issue I'm having. However, the problems just got worse. DOG loads fine with 1.8.2, but something happens to block Dayz fn_selfactions. So I can do actions listed in debug2.sqf, like the teleport and banking, but the actual Dayz actions, like gut animal and fill jerrycan don't work. Not sure what's going on with that.

Does DOG support 1.8.3 and 1.8.2? Because I've been messing around with it for hours and can't get it to play well with the rest of the code. That's just the vanilla fn_selfactions.sqf too, and vanilla DOG, with no adjustments or additions.

I'm not sure how to proceed since I want to run 1.8.3, but it doesn't seem to be supported by the server pack I use. So I'm stuck on 1.8.2, except now I have all these problems with DOG. I see that 1.8.2 was released back in May, and there aren't many posts in this thread after that date. Has anyone gotten DOG to work with 1.8.2/3?

I dont think 5 people use DoG ... I dont think it was popular with the multiplayer dayz crowd. The code has changed in 1.8.2 and the database schema. DoG uses some sql queries I think and those have been removed from the hiveext.dll, and now 1.8.3 looks like it has made a lot more changes. This probably needs a bunch of updating ..
But I am just guessing here, I installed it once last year just to see what it was like and said "wow, thats cool" and promptly deleted it ... had forgotten all about it until you, the only surviving user of DoG :p, made your post.

Well that sucks. I use the vehicle spawning component in a couple of my scripts. DoG overall has been a huge hit on my server. I'm down for doing whatever it takes to update things and get it running again. Seems like DoG itself seems to work okay with 1.8.2, aside from the lost fn_selfactions stuff. I was able to get those actions back by pasting this into debug2.sqf:

Code:
_vehicle = vehicle player;
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);
_cursorTarget = cursorTarget;
_primaryWeapon = primaryWeapon player;
_currentWeapon = currentWeapon player;

Now the actions appear. Takes a second, but they pop up. Problem, aside from that lag, is that they don't disappear. I can run all around, ride away in a vehicle and get out, and the option is still there. I was able to gut a cow from 500 yards.

Back