[Support] DZGM

Hi,

I followed the tutorial, I believe that I did everything correctly. When I run my server my Arma2OA.rpt displays no errors neither does any other log files.

When I try to login the server is stuck on "Waiting For Host" how can I fix this?

Thanks.

@Daniel_Dennis - Looks fine.

@Sofabear & @Elmo337 - If the keybind is not working it is a problem with your dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf. Post the file if you need help.

@js2k6 - The only difference between plot4Life/regular tag friendly is plot4Life sets the friendlies variable with playerUIDs and regular uses characterIDs. When using plotForLife you need to make sure you use all of RimBlock's files or make the changes to every file he says in his instructions. If you don't update all the epoch files to check the friendlies variable for playerUIDs instead of CharacterIDs you will run into problems.

If the ESP is based on groupIcons you will need to modify it to include the names of all the group members instead of just the leader. Look at how I did it in infistar's or use the optional ESP script in the OP that does not use group icons at all.

@Cikez - It looks fine. Are you running any other mod that keeps a dialog always open? That is the only thing that might be conflicting, because if there is a dialog already open it will close it and do nothing. You could try changing the right control block to this to test:
Code:
if (_dikCode == 0x9D) then {
   [] execVM "dzgm\loadGroupManagement.sqf";
  };

Yes, it is possible. Just use the same code from inside the right control block. Either:
"if (dialog) then {[] execVM 'dzgm\loadGroupManagement.sqf';};"
or
"[] execVM 'dzgm\loadGroupManagement.sqf';"

Thanks @ebay but the above fix did not work. Right control still does not open the menu. Also does this look right for adding it to my scroll menu?

Code:
SMmain_menu =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Group Management", [2],  "", -5, [["expression",                     "[] execVM 'dzgm\loadGroupManagement.sqf';"]], "1", "1"]
        ["Commit Suicide", [3],  "", -5, [["expression",                     "[] execVM 'menu\suicide_menu.sqf'"]], "1", "1"]
];

showCommandingMenu "#USER:SMmain_menu";

Hi, this looks really good, just curious how I go about completely removing the ESP part of this? I don't want players to have that ability at all, just the map updates.

Hi, this looks really good, just curious how I go about completely removing the ESP part of this? I don't want players to have that ability at all, just the map updates.
Nevermind, I found the range value and just changed the max range to be 2m. Awesome mod, thanks!

Ok so that works kinda, it messes up my admins ESP though, is there some way to stop this mod interacting with ESP at all? I don't want that feature for any of my players, strictly for admins only as a tool not for gameplay.

Ok thanks I'll screw with it.

People keep hitting the button when flying and it changes their camera view to back where they took off from :O

@Havoc302 - The esp is kind of the main part of this. But if you wanted to disable it so you only have map markers and communication via group chat you could do this:
1. Remove this part from dayz_spaceInterrupt:
Code:
if ((_dikCode == 0xDB) or (_dikCode == 0xDC)) then {
   if (tagname) then {tagname = false;} else {tagname = true;};
};

2. Remove this line from description.ext:
#include "dzgm\icons.hpp"

3. Delete icons.hpp and icons.sqf

4. In dzgm\init.sqf delete these lines:
Code:
tagname = true;
if (isNil "dzgm_init") then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dzgm\icons.sqf";};
uiSleep 1;
[] spawn dzgm_init;

As for fixing the admin esp, see step #12 in the OP.

Just pushed some new updates:

Awesome thanks for this. I run a server that focuses on realism, ESP is not very realistic but updating a GPS map from a broadcasted radios coords isn't beyond real at all. There's lots of radios you can buy in RL, especially military ones that broadcast their position. Hence why I wanted the map markers, the group channel chat and voice but not the ESP.

I have got a little problem :S
The Groupsystem blocks the memers joined last, to update to the database

most likely users joined to groups are getting set backs after restart (to the point where they joined the party)
any possibility to avoid this?

Having a SLIGHT issue.. basically menu pops up.. but no invite or anything..

887c29e5ef.jpg

Code:
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\dzgm\groupManagement.hpp, line 8: /GroupManagement/controlsBackground.MainBG: Undefined base class 'w_RscPicture'
What? o_O

EDIT: Nevermind.
ADVICE: Do not try to install this at 1:30AM...you'll make stupid mistakes like I did >.>

Last edited:
I added the dialog to the allowed dialogs in infiStar's AHConfig.
Dialog still will not stay open :(

Last edited:
Working perfectly for me. I removed right ctrl and made it a right-click radio option only though.

Back