[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

changed the missions boxes to "AmmoBoxBig" (thnx to ebay) so now i can get the boxes to be in mission BUT all the AI disappear almost instantly in 1.8.3 - sometimes there is maybe 2-4 Ai instead of 12 plus but they will all disappear :/ any ideas or anyone else having issues in dayz 1.8.3?

Did you change every box?
I went in with search and replace
and replaced

Code:
  if (!((typeOf _object) in ["USVehicleBox","USLaunchersBox","AmmoBoxSmall_556","AmmoBoxSmall_762","MedBox0","USBasicWeaponsBox","USBasicAmmunitionBox","RULaunchersBox"]) || DZMSSceneryDespawnLoot) then {
  _object setVariable["DZMSCleanup",true];
  };

with
Code:
  if (!((typeOf _object) in ["MedBox0","AmmoBoxBig"]) || DZMSSceneryDespawnLoot) then {
  _object setVariable["DZMSCleanup",true];
  };
};

and also made all the inner scripts that call for those boxes to call for ammoboxbig instead.

I think the medkit still spawns because i saw one (had a new look).

I haven't tested this yet since some people are playing on server and i dont wanna annoy them with constant restarts. but will see in a bit after scheduled restart.

Hey Everyone,
Hope you guys can help me out. Im still rather new to dayz/epoch.
I would like to know if it's possible to have the mission messages that appear in the middle of the screen,
appear in the top right corner of the screen?
And if it is would someone show me how?
There in a brown box with a nice picture and the mission text below it.
I have seen mission messages like that on other servers but i dont know what to search for in the forums/google.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

David

Its ok, I managed to work it out.
I removed this like from all the mission files
Code:
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Bandits have Overrun a NATO Weapons Cache!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
and added these lines. also changed mission complete lines also.
Code:
_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#ff0000' shadow='2' size='1.75'>MISSION SYSTEM</t><br/><t  align='center' color='#ffffff'>Bandits Have Overrun A NATO Weapons Cache! Kill Everyone And Recover The Cache. </t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";
Then i installed Macca's messaging script and bobs ya uncle :)

just trying to work out how to add a notification sound for when the mission starts. no luck so far :( loving your dzms BTW vampire. g8 work

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

just trying to work out how to add a notification sound for when the mission starts. no luck so far :( loving your dzms BTW vampire. g8 work

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.
Usually you can just add playSound "your soundfile" early in the script or where tou have the mission message and then add it to the mission.sqm under sounds. Sorry on the mobile.

Hey Brave Sir Robin,
Cos dzms is in the server.pbo i assumed that playsound wouldn't work, i tried it anyways and i was right.
I have this in my Description.sqf
Code:
class CfgSounds {
    sounds[]={};

class start {
          name = "start";
          sound[] = {\Resources\Sounds\start.ogg, 0.1, 1};
          titles[] = {};
    };
};
and i was using this code to play the sound but nothing happenes
Code:
_nul = [objNull, rSAY, "start"] call RE;

Any Ideas?

Look at how it is done in this post

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-sirens-on-cars.21121/

_nul = [objNull, _vehicle, rSAY, "siren", 120] call RE;

You are missing things.

sound[] = {\Resources\Sounds\start.ogg, 0.1, 1};

should be the following assuming that the folder Resources is in your mission pbo like that.

sound[] = {Resources\Sounds\start.ogg, 0.1, 1};

Lastly, I personnaly don't like the RE method. I'd put something client side in a 'addPublicVariableEventHandler' and use 'say3D' to play the sound. It gets a better result.

Hey Delpi,
Thanks for the quick reply,
What i need is for the notification to be only heard buy the player, i dont want other players near him to hear the sound.
this code u posted
Code:
it seems that all im missing from mine is the _vehicle part. but what does it do and how do i use it.
Dave

Hey Delpi,
Thanks for the quick reply,
What i need is for the notification to be only heard buy the player, i dont want other players near him to hear the sound.
this code u posted
Code:
it seems that all im missing from mine is the _vehicle part. but what does it do and how do i use it.
Dave

Just write your own publicVariableEventhandler in the init.sqf and call it to play the sound the same way you are using the messaging hint.

If you only want all players to see it then that is not going to work at all.

You need to go the route i mentioned with a 'addPublicVariableEventHandler' on the client side and from the server side call it with '(owner _player) publicVariableClient ......' assuming _player is the player you are talking about.

If you don't know enough about coding to understand the above, you are going to have a very hard time doing this.

Ok Guys, This is what I have so far but its still not working.
Iv edited init.sqf and added this line of code
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\Fixes\Custom_publicEH.sqf";
Below This one
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";

This is the content of the Custom_publicEH.sqf
Code:
//Mission Notifications Event Handlers
    if (!isDedicated) then {
        "missionstart"            addPublicVariableEventHandler { execVM "Custom\Single_Files\missionstart.sqf"};
        };

And this is the content of the missionstart.sqf
Code:
playsound "start";

Am I even close? lol
There are no errors in any of my RTP Logs and dayZ is running fine, but still theres no sound when a mission starts.

publicVariable on the clientside
Code:
"missionSoundPVC" addPublicVariableEventhandler {
   playSound "alert";
   missionSoundPVC = nil;
};

how you call it from the server
Code:
missionSoundPVC = true;
(owner (vehicle unit)) publicVariableClient "missionSoundPVC";

You could even get fancier and make it play whichever sound you want.
Code:
   playSound (_this select 1);
   missionSoundPVC = nil;
};

missionSoundPVC = "alert";
(owner (vehicle unit)) publicVariableClient "missionSoundPVC";

You have to replace unit with the player you want to send it to.

Hey Vampire, You say that i need to replace unit with the player i want to send it to. How do i do that?
Also Is there somewhere i can go to learn this coding lark, as i don't want to keep bothering everyone with my sub par knowledge of coding.
And again, thank you for all your help.
Dave

Hey Vampire, You say that i need to replace unit with the player i want to send it to. How do i do that?
Also Is there somewhere i can go to learn this coding lark, as i don't want to keep bothering everyone with my sub par knowledge of coding.
And again, thank you for all your help.
Dave

Assuming you want to send the mission message to one player, you need to already have that player in a variable.
If you want to send it to every player you can just do this:
Code:
publicVariable "missionSoundPVC";

Hey Vampire, Thanks for the code but its still not working. Ill post what i have done but i think im gonna give up. i obviously don't have skills for this lol.
init.sqf
Code:
    if (!isDedicated) then {
   playSound "alert";
   missionSoundPVC = nil;
};
};
description.ext
Code:
class CfgSounds {
    sounds[]={};

class alert {
          name = "alert";
          sound[] = {Custom\Resources\Sounds\alert.ogg, 0.1, 1};
          titles[] = {};
    };
};
And in the mission files ie, SM1.sqf
Code:
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Bandits have Overrun a NATO Weapons Cache!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
missionSoundPVC = true;
publicVariable "missionSoundPVC";

Again, Theres no errors in the RTP's so know dont know what's wrong.
Thanks again for your help and time on this.
Dave.

Sounds needs the alert class in it.
Code:
sounds[]={alert};

and I don't think you need the !isDedicated if. If anything I would have if isClient.

Back