[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

I'm testing out the newest DZMS folder now to see if I get killed by whatever is killing me when I step into a mission vehicle.

I'm testing out the newest DZMS folder now to see if I get killed by whatever is killing me when I step into a mission vehicle.

In DZMSInit.sqf find this line:
Code:
if (_modVariant == "@dayz_epoch") then {DZMSEpoch = true;} else {DZMSEpoch = false;};

and put this under it:
Code:
_modName = toLower( getText (configFile >> "CfgMods" >> "DayZ" >> "name"));
diag_log text format ["[DZMS]: DEBUG: Mod Variant:%1 / Mod Name:%2",_modVariant,_modName];

I think DZMS is failing to recognize Epoch.

Post your RPT after you run it with those lines.

The newest version of DZMS should fix the vehicle exploding issue.

The issue was with users running maps beside the vanilla Epoch, it would sometimes believe it was vanilla DayZ and fail to save vehicles from the Epoch cleanup.

only just noticed, I have WAI running, but ever since I added DZMS I get instakilled when I kill a static WAI soldier :|

Hey Vampire,

DZMS has been running fabulously so far, been a great addition to my server. I just have a quick question regarding the mission spawned vehicles and the ability to save them to the database--is this stable? And if so, how does it work? Also, I have the ability to set a maximum number of vehicles on my server (hosting with HFB) and I was curious, what happens if the vehicles from the missions save and then I hit my maximum limit?

I have gotten requests for me to turn this on, I am just afraid of messing up my database in light of your note that it is experimental (I think that is how you put it in the file).

Thanks

P.S. Where is the best place to look for updates you make to this? Just so I can stay up to date

Last edited:
Hey Vampire,

DZMS has been running fabulously so far, been a great addition to my server. I just have a quick question regarding the mission spawned vehicles and the ability to save them to the database--is this stable? And if so, how does it work? Also, I have the ability to set a maximum number of vehicles on my server (hosting with HFB) and I was curious, what happens if the vehicles from the missions save and then I hit my maximum limit?

I have gotten requests for me to turn this on, I am just afraid of messing up my database in light of your note that it is experimental (I think that is how you put it in the file).

Thanks

P.S. Where is the best place to look for updates you make to this? Just so I can stay up to date

Vehicle saving should work, but essentially if you have issues with it, you should turn it off.
It works by actually saving the vehicle to the database.
If you hit your max vehicle limit, no new vehicles spawn on the map. With Epoch, the older your database is, the more likely you are to see this happen as people come and go eventually leaving the server but leaving their locked vehicles behind.

The best place is probably the github, as you can see every commit I make with a title explaining what the update does.
The other place you can follow is the DZMS section on the Epochmod forums. DZMS is made to work with all DayZ mods, but vbawol gave me a section over there for it.

Vehicle saving should work, but essentially if you have issues with it, you should turn it off.
It works by actually saving the vehicle to the database.
If you hit your max vehicle limit, no new vehicles spawn on the map. With Epoch, the older your database is, the more likely you are to see this happen as people come and go eventually leaving the server but leaving their locked vehicles behind.

The best place is probably the github, as you can see every commit I make with a title explaining what the update does.
The other place you can follow is the DZMS section on the Epochmod forums. DZMS is made to work with all DayZ mods, but vbawol gave me a section over there for it.

I see, so just to clarify, lets say I have a vehicle cap of 200 for the server and your missions continue to add new vehicles up to the maximum... When a new mission spawns onto the map with 200 vehicles already existent in the database, will no vehicles spawn with that mission, or will it perhaps revert back to vehicles that warn you regarding disappearance? Sorry if these are noob questions, just trying to get a solid understanding.

FYI: I am running regular DayZ 1.8.0.3 Chernarus, so far I have had zero issues with your addon

I see, so just to clarify, lets say I have a vehicle cap of 200 for the server and your missions continue to add new vehicles up to the maximum... When a new mission spawns onto the map with 200 vehicles already existent in the database, will no vehicles spawn with that mission, or will it perhaps revert back to vehicles that warn you regarding disappearance? Sorry if these are noob questions, just trying to get a solid understanding.

FYI: I am running regular DayZ 1.8.0.3 Chernarus, so far I have had zero issues with your addon

The vehicles will save to the database regardless, the server will just no longer spawn vehicles if the vehicle cap is met.
DZMS also only saves vehicles to the database when the mission is completed.

Thanks for all your hard work Vampire!!
The new fix for the vehicles is working great.
The players on my server our thrilled about your missions.
I am new to coding and this is one of the easiest missions that I seen to change.
Thanks Again

Thanks for this update to DayZ Mission System.
This really is everything that it should've been. Great work! Easy install, easy to customize.
Only problem I have encountered. Is I the epoch building supply boxes don't seem to be spawning. Any reason why? do I need to change something to get them to?

Hello Vampire great work on DZMS so far i really like it but i was wondering if there was a way to add skins to the missions so some of the AI units have Ghillie suits because i have take clothes on my server and i thought it would be cool if you killed some AI ghillie's and took there clothes :D

Back