[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

Is it possible to do a mission with a static spawn eg Bandits spawn in Electro or Balota with a Ural with weapons crates etc and take over the town so to speak?

Is it possible to do a mission with a static spawn eg Bandits spawn in Electro or Balota with a Ural with weapons crates etc and take over the town so to speak?

Dynamic Town Invasion is a planned future feature, I just had issues getting the units to paradrop on the town.
Otherwise you can define static coordinates, but that will be for all missions.

What I've done:
I have opened the @DayZ_Epoch_Server folder. In there, I've opened the addons folder and extracted the dayz_server.pbo with the pbo manager to a new folder on the desktop.
Then I've dragged the DZSM folder into the new folder on the desktop, edited the line above "allowConnection", right - clicked on the folder and selected "Create dayz_server.pbo"
Then I've dragged this new .pbo into the addon folder again and overwrited the old dayz_server.pbo

When I run the server and join it, in the lower right corner something like a counter ist counting from 0 upwards. A bar, half filled white, says: Waiting for server to start authentication

But nothing happens. At about 15 (on the counter), the bar becomes completely black. Nothing happens.

.rpt:

19:50:39 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
19:50:39 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
19:50:40 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found
19:50:40 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf not found
19:50:40 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf not found
19:50:40 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
19:50:40 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
19:50:40 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found

Thank you Vampire for this nice mission system.
I've made a lot of customisations and rebalanced it but still good job !
Thanks !

Well if you change their accuracy to 1.00 then they'll hit 100% of the time Id imagine. They're actually pretty tough as it is right now, I think its a good challenge for the amount of loot possible.

Not true.

Also do other missions spawn while the current two are up? So if no one goes and tries to complete it do the current ones time out and a new one pops out somewhere? Also the code below is the only way to make the AI harder correct? So if I wanted to make them as difficult as i can just change everything to 1.00? By the way THANK YOU for all your hard work and the time you took to help me.

What I made to make AI very difficult was:

1.) I gave them nvgs, hunting rifles, rpk and some minor auto rifles
(AI behaves differently depending on the type of weapon they use)

2.) I've made a lot of high defence value static spawn locations with this simple script
Code:
onMapSingleClick {
            player setPos _pos;
            //playSound "dummy";

_skladowa1    =    _pos select 0;
            _skladowa2    =    _pos select 1;
            _skladowa3    =    0;
            _data        =    [_skladowa1, _skladowa2, _skladowa3];

copyToClipboard (str (_data));
            hint "pos copied to clipboard";

_marker = {
                _markertemp = createMarkerLocal [format["%1%2", floor(random 1024),floor(random 1024)], (getPos player)];
                _markertemp setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE";
                _markertemp setMarkerTypeLocal "mil_circle";
                _markertemp setMarkerSizeLocal [100, 100];
                _markertemp setMarkerBrushLocal "SolidBorder";
                _markertemp setMarkerAlphaLocal 0.3;
            };
            call _marker;
        };
misje_SOCE.jpg

Code:
waitUntil { { _x distance _coords < 500 } count playableunits < 1 };
before executing missions, to prevent spawning bots at players
BIS_fnc_findSafePos it's nice for spawning crash sites, camps, etc but npcs at the middle of field was not what I want :)

3.) changed their all skill abilities to 1.00
4.) changed setCombatMode to RED
5.) changed waypoint types to HOLD or GUARD
6.) changed skins to "Soldier1_DZ","Sniper1_DZ"

... and they are pretty hard now :)
However I'm going to implement some additional AI logic, like healing, shooting for effect, hiding bodies, throwing grenades, flares, smokes, etc.

Last edited:
I am having a issue that when a player enters a vehicle that DZMS spawns in, the vehicle blows up and they die. I am running DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2 on taviana with infistar admin tool. I'm not getting any errors in the RPT. either.
I just installed this yesterday and everyone on my server loves it.

I am having a issue that when a player enters a vehicle that DZMS spawns in, the vehicle blows up and they die. I am running DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2 on taviana with infistar admin tool. I'm not getting any errors in the RPT. either.
I just installed this yesterday and everyone on my server loves it.

Is your server_monitor.sqf and server_updateObject.sqf unmodified? Are you sure this isn't happening with every vehicle?

I've added 3 new ai missions to my server, 1 which spawns within 1 km of the shore. Also added in a food crate, will see how it all goes since it's just been me testing my progress up to this point.

I even used God Mode and it still blows up the vehicle and kills me, but it isn't happening with any other vehicles on the server.

I even used God Mode and it still blows up the vehicle and kills me, but it isn't happening with any other vehicles on the server.

Can you post you server_monitor.sqf and server_updateObject.sqf? And throw an RPT in there for extra measure?

I am having a problem where the dead ai despawn as soon as a new mission starts, I have it set to 3600 second in the config. using latest files from github that say it has been fixed but it seems worse than before, seems to despawn when any new mission starts.

edit: forgot to say i also had a mission spawn in the water just off shaw. killed a friend trying to loot the crate lol.

Last edited:
I've added 3 new ai missions to my server, 1 which spawns within 1 km of the shore. Also added in a food crate, will see how it all goes since it's just been me testing my progress up to this point.

Id be interested in testing those 3 missions if that would be ok,

I am having a problem where the dead ai despawn as soon as a new mission starts, I have it set to 3600 second in the config. using latest files from github that say it has been fixed but it seems worse than before, seems to despawn when any new mission starts.

edit: forgot to say i also had a mission spawn in the water just off shaw. killed a friend trying to loot the crate lol.

This was a recent change, If you increase the mission timer it should be less apparent.
This will be changed by v1.1

Back