[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

Hey Vampire, I posted previously about this but never got a response.

I'm having trouble with understanding why the DZMSConTools & DZMSConSupply boxes are not spawning from the DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf file.

Is there something specific I have to do to get these working? I have added in a few items but I don't think anything incorrect.

Code:
// Epoch Supplies. If you have Epoch, these are the supplies in the Construction Crates
DZMSConTools = ["ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemKnife","ItemEtool","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE"];

DZMSConSupply = ["Metal_Floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","ItemWoodWall","ItemComboLock","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","ItemTankTrap","ItemPole","PartGeneric","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","ItemTentOld","ItemTentDomed","ItemTentDomed2","ItemSandbag","ItemWire","workbench_kit","ItemGenerator"];

If you can inform me how to get these working I'd really appreciate it as this is what a lot of people on our server have been asking for.

In some mission files you will see lines that look like this:
Code:
[_crate,"weapons"] ExecVM DZMSBoxSetup;

Just pick a few missions with multiple crates and change "weapons" or "medical" to "supply".
If you haven't already, you can also add EM1 to your major mission array.

Hey Vampire
i have just adapted the minor mission heli crash as a "supply" mission as well as the c130 major, and added to the loot crates both runs smooth, i have put you in my server welcome credits, as thanks mate, this new mission system is sooo cool, if u have donate, I'd be glad to..

Punkasaur dont for get to put EM1 in the Major array of the DZMSConfig.sqf, if not done already ...
try this

"ItemCombolock","metal_floor_kit","ChainSaw","ChainSawB","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWall","ItemWoodWallWithDoor","ItemWoodWallWindow","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodFloor",

it did take two server restarts to kick it in to action..

Lee

Last edited:
In DZMSFunctions.sqf -> line 36-115ish are where the global center for the map is found and set. Thats why in the regular mission sqfs its normally "_coords = call DZMSFindPos;". I changed that line to what I posted to have my own centers so that the regular missions would still run normally how they had been.

EDIT:
might have mis-interpreted what you were getting at. But how it works is when the mission starts it runs this (near the begining of all missions) "_coords = call DZMSFindPos;" <- this is where the worldspace comes from when all the vehicles, buildings ect are spawned in. When that code is run, it calls the function from the DZMSFunctions.sqf to find a safe spot to create the mission. Once it has decided on the coordinates the script continues on through to spawn everything. Example lets say it chooses elektro and the coordinates are [10,11,0]. [10,11,0] = _coords from when it called the function earlier. We then use worldspace coordinates looking like this [(_coords select 0) + 6, (_coords select 1) - 0.5, 0] which would translate to [(10)+6, (11)-0.5, 0] <- we are offsetting each item to be spawned so that around the location chosen everything will spawn in correctly.

What I have done is replaced the "_coords = call DZMSFindPos;" at the begining of my custom mission and changed it to what I had above my edit. Heres a pastebin of my mission I made if you want to look at it.

http://pastebin.com/A96nbLL6

Hi, tried you mission but when it spawns there is no Ai and in rpt log i have following -

_unit = _unitGroup createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
21:25:00 Error position: <createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
21:25:00 Error Type Any, expected Number
21:25:00 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAISpawn.sqf, line 33
21:25:00 Error in expression <_fnc_selectRandom;

21:25:00 [DZMS]: (DZMSUnitsMinor) 0 AI Spawned, 0 units in mission.

Any ideas, everything spawns ok except no Ai , have checked the code and its same as your mission file in the pastebin.com

Hi, tried you mission but when it spawns there is no Ai and in rpt log i have following -

21:25:00 [DZMS]: (DZMSUnitsMinor) 0 AI Spawned, 0 units in mission.

Any ideas, everything spawns ok except no Ai , have checked the code and its same as your mission file in the pastebin.com

Your DZMSAIConfig.sqf has an error somewhere.

This is actually Innkas custom mission im trying btw, all standard missions spawn perfect Ai and all

Vampire,

Great mission system once again. It has worked flawlessly on Nemalsk and Cherno for us. Players have enjoyed the greatery randomness over AI Mission system.

I have one suggestion regarding how the mission timers deal with AI for one mission when another for the same class is spawned. Using the Major missions as an example, presently, all AI bodies for one major mission are deleted at the time the next one spawns. thus, AI killed by a player may have their bodies deleted long before the maximum time set for that function. I have modified the code to deal with this as follows. This change ensures that dead AI bodies remain until the timer set in AIKilled deletes them. I guess the downside is more timers running. Anyway, here is what I have changed.

1) in the SpawnAI script add
_unit setVariable ["Dead", 0, true];

2) in the AIKilled script add
_unit setVariable ["Dead", 1, true];

3) in the MajTimer script modify the loop that checks for alive AI as follows:

{
if (_x getVariable "Dead" == 0) then { // If the unit is still alive then delete it so it does not pester players inadvertantly otherwise let the default dead body cleanup timers run out.
_x enableSimulation false;
_x removeAllMPEventHandlers "mpkilled";
_x removeAllMPEventHandlers "mphit";
_x removeAllMPEventHandlers "mprespawn";
_x removeAllEventHandlers "FiredNear";
_x removeAllEventHandlers "HandleDamage";
_x removeAllEventHandlers "Killed";
_x removeAllEventHandlers "Fired";
_x removeAllEventHandlers "GetOut";
_x removeAllEventHandlers "GetIn";
_x removeAllEventHandlers "Local";
clearVehicleInit _x;
deleteVehicle _x;
deleteGroup (group _x);
_x = nil;
};
} forEach DZMS__UNITS_MAJOR;

I also have modified the Box script to add more choices including a 'random' choice and would be happy to share that file with you if it would be helpful to you.

Cheers,
Ghost

I had the idear to select the skins depending on the mission. So i moded the script as followed:

In the DZMSAIConfig.sqf i added
Code:
DZMSBAFSkins = ["BAF_crewman_W","BAF_Soldier_Officer_W","BAF_Soldier_L_W","BAF_Soldier_GL_W","BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W"];

My mission file sends:
Code:
[[(_coords select 0) - 8.4614,(_coords select 1) - 5.0527,0],6,2,"DZMSUnitsMajor","BAF"] call DZMSAISpawn;

In the DZMSAISpawn.sqf i changed the string:
Code:
I added in the line
private = "_unitMissionSkin"

and in the following Line
_unitMissionSkin = _this select 4;

the Line "_aiskin = DZMSBanditSkins call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;" i changed in the following:
Code:
    if (_uniMissionSkin == "BAF") then {
        _aiskin = DZMSBAFSkins call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
    } else {
        _aiskin = DZMSBanditSkins call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
    };

so, when the mission starts i got the error by spawning that he got any and expectet string for the var _aiskin

Anyone got an idea what i am doing wrong?

P.S. sorry for my bad english :)

Last edited:
Hello,

little question, does the script run when i place it in the mission folder and change all the url's from example: " z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSConfig.sqf" to "DZMS\DZMSConfig.sqf" in the created mission DZMS folder?

I have to try this because nothing works when i put something into the dayz_server.

Thank You.

Hello,

little question, does the script run when i place it in the mission folder and change all the url's from example: " z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSConfig.sqf" to "DZMS\DZMSConfig.sqf" in the created mission DZMS folder?

I have to try this because nothing works when i put something into the dayz_server.

Thank You.

changed the url's and the script is found but is not running:

Code:
15:54:33 [DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System.
15:54:33 [DZMS]: Relations not found! Using DZMS Relations.
15:54:33 Warning Message: Script DZMS\DZMSConfig.sqf not found
15:54:33 Warning Message: Script DZMS\ExtConfig\DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf not found
15:54:33 Warning Message: Script DZMS\ExtConfig\DZMSAIConfig.sqf not found
15:54:33 [DZMS]: Currently Running Version: any
15:54:33 [DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!
15:54:33 [DZMS]: napf Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!
15:54:33 [DZMS]: DayZ Epoch Detected! Some Scripts Adjusted!
15:54:33 Warning Message: Script DZMS\DZMSFunctions.sqf not found

Think the problem is here:

Code:
// Let's Load the Mission Configuration
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\DZMS\DZMSConfig.sqf";

// These are Extended configuration files the user can adjust if wanted
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\DZMS\ExtConfig\DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\DZMS\ExtConfig\DZMSAIConfig.sqf";

Seems easy but i cant find the solution. Anyone an idea/suggestion?

Thank you

Post your RPT file and I'll tell you why it isn't working.

Vampire: I found this error in the RPT file, but the file exists in the directory DZMSInit.sqf Specified
"Warning Message: Script z \ addons \ dayz_server \ DZMS \ DZMSInit.sqf not found"

Why will not generate missions?

Excuse my English

Vampire,

Great mission system once again. It has worked flawlessly on Nemalsk and Cherno for us. Players have enjoyed the greatery randomness over AI Mission system.

I have one suggestion regarding how the mission timers deal with AI for one mission when another for the same class is spawned. Using the Major missions as an example, presently, all AI bodies for one major mission are deleted at the time the next one spawns. thus, AI killed by a player may have their bodies deleted long before the maximum time set for that function. I have modified the code to deal with this as follows. This change ensures that dead AI bodies remain until the timer set in AIKilled deletes them. I guess the downside is more timers running. Anyway, here is what I have changed.

Cheers,
Ghost

The bodies despawning when the next mission runs was a bug. Only alive AI were meant to despawn. This has been fixed in the version currently on the github.

Hello,

Thank You.

DZMS is not meant to run the mission side as this will cause missions to run per every client online if it even works, which would mean there would be 2 missions per player, and each mission would have the amount of AI multiplied by the amount of players on.
Because of this catastrophic meltdown it would cause, many scripts actually check if they are being ran by something other than the server and exit themselves.

Vampire: I found this error in the RPT file, but the file exists in the directory DZMSInit.sqf Specified
"Warning Message: Script z \ addons \ dayz_server \ DZMS \ DZMSInit.sqf not found"

Why will not generate missions?

Excuse my English

Look for a like that says your server_functions.sqf is missing or not found. This means that your server.pbo was corrupted by your packing software.

Thanks leeunderwood and Vampire for the replies.

I ll retry to put the script into the dayz_server pbo folder.

I just now got all the files again off of the github, and it looks like ai with skill level 0 don't spawn with any weapons.

EDIT:
Shouldn't this be like this?
Code:
DZMSWeps0 = [
"M16A2",
"M16A2GL",
"AK_74",
"M4A1_Aim",
"AKS_74_kobra",
"AKS_74_U",
"AK_47_M",
"M24",