[Support] ESSV2

You are missing some variable that determines if this is a fresh spawn ... 6th time checking is a charm :D

ohh, that may be due to the fact that i used a guide from the board of my german host "nitrado", which automatically gives you infistar, but no access to it's files, and they wrote to make it compatible you have to delete
Code:
#define UNLCK_PIC _lb lbSetPicture[_index,"\ca\ui\data\objective_complete_ca.paa"];
if (_lock > 0) then {_lb lbSetPicture [_index,"\ca\ui\data\ui_server_locked_ca.paa"];};
and all 4 occurences of "UNLCK_PIC"

from spawn.sqf

and

Code:
lbSetPicture [8888,_index,"\ca\ui\data\objective_complete_ca.paa"];
if (_lock > 0) then {lbSetPicture [8888,_index,"\ca\ui\data\ui_server_locked_ca.paa"];};
lbSetPicture [8888,_index,"\ca\ui\data\objective_complete_ca.paa"]
from class.sqf

but it says it's from ebay, and it works for everyone else there, also i had the same problem when i tried to install ESS1

if this isn't the error, which variable am i missing and how do i fix it? ^^

//UPDATE

Now this one is strange, without the nitrade-preinstalled-infistar fix from the forum the script still works, but the respawn bug is still there, and even if i fully disable infistar the bug is still there. only moment it currently isn't there, is when i fully uninstall the ESSV2 script

Last edited:
that code would not be your error.
There is a variable probably set in your player_setup or player_login that checks if your player is a fresh spawn. if so then it launches the ESS. You are not getting the ESS launched, but simply being respawned normally. So thats where I would say the error is located.
I have never used ESS and cant help much beyond that 'guess'. If you want to post your dayz_server and mission pbo's, then someone can take a look.
Why dont you completely delete the ESS and try reinstalling from scratch using the actual code instructions rather than the Nitrado version. You will have to disable Infistar during the testing I expect. http://opendayz.net/threads/release-essv2-enhanced-spawn-selection-v2.21547/

^Wow the mistake was kinda stupid ^^ in step 5 of ESS installation I though, i just had to replace the first block (first 5 lines on this one http://pastebin.com/LiJ3HXvg ) when i actually had to replace everything, which is in the pastebin-thingy, recognized it when checking the instructions for the like billionth time, well that was stupid by me :D

Anyways great script ebay! :)

And thx for your tries ShootingBlanks ^^

Hi. When nom-admin players choose halo spawn, they are teleported to a dark area and die after some seconds.
I'm using the last infiStar and Epoch.

No error on log. No hack attempt on infiStar log.

Thankyou!

Hi Ebay,

Thanks for this awesome script.

Have a question though, i followed what you said about execing a script when you spawn in by adding it to the botton of spawn.sqf. But that exec the script when the option to choose halo or ground appears, where would i put the call so that it execs as soon as the player jumps out the plane?

Thanks in advanced

https://github.com/ebaydayz/ESSV2/blob/master/spawn/halo.sqf
find this file in your ess scripts (spawn/halo.sqf). look for the line that says
player action ["eject",_plane];
I would put your script at the bottom of that code block, below line 36

deleteWayPoint (_this select 3);
execvm "yourscript";
};

When you say "at each login", I am assuming you mean "each time a player respawns", otherwise what ebay had said is what you want ... or some combination of the two. If you want to run a script after the player jumps out of the plane, and then again every time they login (if they are not a fresh spawn), then you will need to use the code I mentioned and some other code that only executes if the halo spawn is bypassed (ie: not a fresh spawn) which would be in the locations that ebay pointed to.

Last edited:
Ok i have it how i want it thanks for the help.

One more thing ebay is i noticed with the c130 halo you can acces the gear which has some stuff in.

I noticed you set the vehicle to locked but hasn't worked in my case tried adding removeMagazines; but with no luck

Any idea?

Thanks in advanced

Hi great script, I followed all the steps and started up the server. I was able to select my gender and class, but after the class selection it just shows the loading screen image until I alt+f4. I can hear the game noises in the background, but I cannot get the spawn selection screen to show. I checked the server RPT file and there was nothing showing. Has anyone had this issue, and what did you do to resolve it? Thanks!

that is a "normal" epoch bug.
In your compiles.sqf (it needs to be imported into your mission if not already)

Find

Code:
  if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

replace above with this:
Code:
  if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
  endLoadingScreen;
         diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
       };

If you look closely, you can see all we are doing is adding endloadingscreen; to the code block. The loading screen is the black that you see instead of the game screen, so we are ending it when the player has been authenticated.

Hi.

Great script nice and clean.

I just installed Spawn/Class selector and it seems to be working well but for 1 thing. When a player dies it shows them an Avatar switching to all the available classes and turning in a circle. have I missed something? So then the User must relog. also I do not a an epoch config file so step 2 was skipped.

please help thanks

Hi.

Great script nice and clean.

I just installed Spawn/Class selector and it seems to be working well but for 1 thing. When a player dies it shows them an Avatar switching to all the available classes and turning in a circle. have I missed something? So then the User must relog. also I do not a an epoch config file so step 2 was skipped.

please help thanks

FIXED...

but still getting the load screen when a player dies I have added the above code and can post my code to you if you would like

my server is accusing this error Resource ClassDialog not found errer and then he is only changing the character alone and does nothing

I do not know where is this class dialog because not found anywhere

thanks for listening

Ok, So I have this installed on my server. Everything is working fine, except, when you die, you get this in RPT

"ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player KRYTERION [10]. Position in debug! [20386.5,5038.57,80.5008]"
I wasn't getting this until I installed ESSV2. Anyone have ideas?

Back