[Support] Matt & Kris's Player Bomb

Here is the fix for the menu problem.....

if ((speed player <= 1) and !_isAlive and _canDo and (player distance cursorTarget < 3)) then {
if (s_player_makePLBomb < 0) then {
s_player_makePLBomb = player addAction [format["Place Bomb"],"Scripts\SetBodyBomb.sqf","cursorTarget",0,false,true,"",""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_makePLBomb;
s_player_makePLBomb = -1;
};
This did not fix the menu problem.

Wait you have both installed? try having only one installed, not both. And in the latest changelog did they add an antihack or something? You may have to whitelist the whatchamajjigit. s_player_makeBomb or s_player_makePLBomb

ideally i want to be able to use them both. at the moment i only have the booby trap installed. every other script i have installed has not needed to be whitelisted so im guessin no new antihack. the booby trap just doesnt give the menu option.

the problem i have with your other script, body bomb, is that i broke the epoch menu items for unlock car, unlock safe, salvage part etc etc

ideally i want to be able to use them both. at the moment i only have the booby trap installed. every other script i have installed has not needed to be whitelisted so im guessin no new antihack. the booby trap just doesnt give the menu option.

the problem i have with your other script, body bomb, is that i broke the epoch menu items for unlock car, unlock safe, salvage part etc etc

Only thing I can really think of is you are trying to have too much stuff in your fn_selfActions. I don't know why this happens but everytime I try adding in maybe more than 3 different scripts based on the selfActions.sqf something breaks, usually jerry cans or fixing cars. and with Epoch, it already has loads of extra stuff, so i'd assume it's something like that happening. and the booby trap probably doesn't give an option because you don't have an etool woodpile and grenade. The way I wrote the fn_selfActions requires possession of those 3 items before the menu will even appear

This did not fix the menu problem.

Honestly, i'd assume that it's because of the !_isAlive just because technically everything is not alive...so maybe the engine itself is dicking up. Try adding of the other variables like _isMan or _isZombie and test it

Actually, this got me curious MattL, if you could use a smoke grenade instead... maybe creating a tripwire effect..though I suppose that would work better with the booby trap one you did

Actually, this got me curious MattL, if you could use a smoke grenade instead... maybe creating a tripwire effect..though I suppose that would work better with the booby trap one you did

Could easily do that if I found the name of the smoke grenade shells lying around here somewhere. (not the classnames of the grenades, but the actual shells that spawn the smoke)

Dunno mate, never actually looked for them before... it just a thought that crossed into my head when trying to get this going

in detonatebomb.sqf replace the grenade (_bomb line, says 'grenade' somewhere) with
Code:
Smokeshellpurple
Smokeshellgreen
Smokeshellred
Smokeshell

like so
Code:
_theBomb = createVehicle ["grenade",getPosATL _trigger,[],0,"NONE"];

becomes

_theBomb = createVehicle ["Smokeshell",getPosATL _trigger,[],0,"NONE"];

or you could go even further by adding _theBomb2 and just copy over the first line of code, and change that 'grenade' to a smokeshell, so it explodes and marks the position with smoke.

Actually it turns out that, my fn_selfactions is too full, or has reached a point where i can modifiy it anymore..

Adding body script, black screened my server... went through the install 3 times exactly, and no change..on EPOCH 1.0.2.4.
Otherwise I'd use it MattL

EDIT: may not be that mate.. seems its still going.. crap onto fixing again

check to ensure that the local variables and its scope are not conflicting with the other scripts. Also use of the key words are properly spelled, IE ! "!_isAlive " is not properly used, should be "!isAlive", the other is a local defined variable where as "isAlive" is a key word. I have this booby trap working flawlessly, best of luck!

hi bro!
I try to put yours mod - everything successfully, except one - then i past bomb he is invisible (but he works and blows up as it is necessary)
how I can make it visible?

It's not meant to be visible.

What's the point of a boobytrap if everyone can see its there from a distance?

I cant get this to work on overwatch. Goes through the motion but no stash shows and it doesn't explode. Any ideas ?

We had some problem like that with the crafting tripwire with a grenade. It doesn't explode when the player trips the activation string. The reason is that the grenade has a 3-4 second delay. So you are past the explosion while your friend is just getting to the area.
Thats my 2 cents worth.

Pipebomb doesnt work, doesn't explode just sits there on thr ground

Not sure what else I can try tbh

I mean all that needs to change is to make the player who triggers it take damage.

Back