[SUPPORT] - Sheeps Epoch Repack

First off, maybe we should discuss the whole ID issue.

1. Is there an easy way to get your Steam ID? (I know this sounds dumb, but my original ID was easy to find in player profile, and was 9 Digits. In the same place there is a number that is 17 digits???)

2. A server I play on, I talked to the Admin about it, and he is just pulling the OLD Player ID using a function added to Epoch by the devs, and then somehow replacing the calls for Player ID with the OLD player ID.

Code:
if (getPlayerUIDOld player) in ["999999999"]) exitWith {};

Could we fix the BaseBuild 1.3 with a call for Old Player ID?

I really don't like BaseBuild 1.3 and I don't think I will like Alchemical Building Either. I thing the problem with both of them is that you add too many object possibilities for a large player base, and need to have more control over what you release to the players. Adding just Castle Walls and Castle Gates to the existing Epoch building options would be a huge improvement, and reduce object counts on servers etc. I have code for adding just the items you want, but need to sort out this understanding of player ids...

well i think, you shouldnt change too much now, as its running without major issiues atm, "never touch a running machine" a wise man said once :p, and alchemy is just like 1.3 but better..

1. Is there an easy way to get your Steam ID? (I know this sounds dumb, but my original ID was easy to find in player profile, and was 9 Digits. In the same place there is a number that is 17 digits???)

2. A server I play on, I talked to the Admin about it, and he is just pulling the OLD Player ID using a function added to Epoch by the devs, and then somehow replacing the calls for Player ID with the OLD player ID.

Code:
if (getPlayerUIDOld player) in ["999999999"]) exitWith {};

I really don't like BaseBuild 1.3 and I don't think I will like Alchemical Building Either. I thing the problem with both of them is that you add too many object possibilities for a large player base, and need to have more control over what you release to the players. Adding just Castle Walls and Castle Gates to the existing Epoch building options would be a huge improvement, and reduce object counts on servers etc. I have code for adding just the items you want, but need to sort out this understanding of player ids...
the 17 digit number is your steam ID which also is your player ID now
also the pack is competly editable i just put in what i can and try make the editing easy to do,

i wont piece toghther a work around for the playerUID issue cause as far as i can tell it only affects base building 1.3 and dosnt affect any thing else, also alchemy building uses the plot pole system which ties in nicley with epoch
and you can always edit alchemy building to use materials instead of gems and change what you need to build

Yeah the system I'm planning to use gives you a right click on cinder blocks for "Castle Wall" and uses like 10 items to build it.

Ties to plot pole etc. Its kewl if you want to go with Alchemy, even Newton did before he discovered Gravity.

@FallingSheep how's the release time looking for the latest repack ?

Just thought I'd ask as I hadn't seen any changes on GitHub since the last time I downloaded it all :)

My players are loving it so far just a few moans about battleye kicks :) not seen any of the alchemy kicks only ones when towing / lifting that I already reported

Thanks for your efforts and responses so far and your other testers etc :)

After getting this all up and running I am encountering an error. I get to the screen RIGHT before the lobby the one where you name appears in red at the top right and flashes with your Ping and in the middle it says Wait For Host.

The MOTD runs and Battleye loads. I checked my rtp log and it stops at:

"Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
Gamespy QR2 error: 5, No challenge was received from the master server."

How do I correct this?

EDIT: typo

23:55:04 Error in expression <layerID, _playerObj, _charID];
diag_log DeadPlayerPlotObjects;
diag_log format[">
23:55:04 Error position: <DeadPlayerPlotObjects;
diag_log format[">
23:55:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: deadplayerplotobjects
23:55:04 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_changePlotsOwner.sqf, line 10

0:00:12 "RUNNING EVENT: crash_spawner on [2014,8,8,23,0]"
0:00:12 Error in expression <_index;
_cntWeights = (count _weights)

if((_cntWeights < 0)||(_cntWeights == 0)>
0:00:12 Error position: <if((_cntWeights < 0)||(_cntWeights == 0)>
0:00:12 Error Missing ;
0:00:12 File z\addons\dayz_server\modules\crash_spawner.sqf, line 157

0:00:16 "CRASHSPAWNER: 95.034% chance to start a crashing Mi-17 with loot table 'HeliCrash'"

Could be to do with steam patch what beta you running.

Edit: I mean beta patch :p

Yeah, I got that working but now, it doesnt even try to download the mission file... just hits the campaign screen then sits at Waiting for server to start authentication... ugh!

I contacted the host, they said it was bugged and supposedly put 125548 patch on the server. But the server is saying 125402?

I am at a loss...

EDIT: RPT logs aren't showing any errors... but nobody can not connect.

23:55:04 Error in expression <layerID, _playerObj, _charID];
diag_log DeadPlayerPlotObjects;
diag_log format[">
23:55:04 Error position: <DeadPlayerPlotObjects;
diag_log format[">
23:55:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: deadplayerplotobjects
23:55:04 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_changePlotsOwner.sqf, line 10
0:00:12 "RUNNING EVENT: crash_spawner on [2014,8,8,23,0]"

0:00:16 "CRASHSPAWNER: 95.034% chance to start a crashing Mi-17 with loot table 'HeliCrash'"
working on them today :)

@FallingSheep how's the release time looking for the latest repack ?

Just thought I'd ask as I hadn't seen any changes on GitHub since the last time I downloaded it all :)

My players are loving it so far just a few moans about battleye kicks :) not seen any of the alchemy kicks only ones when towing / lifting that I already reported

Thanks for your efforts and responses so far and your other testers etc :)
just fixing BE kicks

Yeah, I got that working but now, it doesnt even try to download the mission file... just hits the campaign screen then sits at Waiting for server to start authentication... ugh!

I contacted the host, they said it was bugged and supposedly put 125548 patch on the server. But the server is saying 125402?

I am at a loss...

EDIT: RPT logs aren't showing any errors... but nobody can not connect.
PMed you

Back