Taviana 3.0 Update

Oh God.

Guys.
"Only reason I can think of that he can't take 10 seconds to write a forum post updating us on progress"

Mods are done by passionate fans, with real lives, and jobs.
Shark got sick, busy with work, and had family functions to deal with. Be patient with him, I trust his judgement and his capabilities. It will come.

Hicks, appreciate the response and I know everyone is busy, but all we are asking for is an update to 1.8.0.3 base dayz code which at least 4-5 people have already proven works great.

The problem here is that you are the only person who can get Josh to push it through commander as an official Taviana 3.0 update.

Taviana is/was the best dayz map hands-down and it's been dead for a year+ now.

Hicks, appreciate the response and I know everyone is busy, but all we are asking for is an update to 1.8.0.3 base dayz code which at least 4-5 people have already proven works great.

The problem here is that you are the only person who can get Josh to push it through commander as an official Taviana 3.0 update.

Taviana is/was the best dayz map hands-down and it's been dead for a year+ now.

Don't lose hope, Epoch is still there !

This one is another dead end again. I downloaded the Sharkking client\server files to do more testing and it really is hard to believe how close this got to release before dying.

R.I.P Taviana 3.0

Hello all,

i am sorry for the long silence. I was nearly burned out after a hard year at work and used the last weeks to get myself sorted.
I am still willing to continue development on Taviana. Any help , eigther with ideas or coding or mapping or modeling is appreciated.

sincerly
Shark

What exactly are you looking to have done? Just recently I downloaded the files to do more testing and didn't find any issues.

It looks like the loot tables still need to be done.

What about vehicles? Are you looking to use whatever was in Taviana 2.0 or maybe add vehicles packs?

I would like to see the update get pushed out after the weapons and vehicles are taken care of. Stuff like base building and other scripts should be left to the server owners.

Point me to a github, I can help finalize a release build for you in no time.

You can also obviously use any of our assets or buildings (buildings are getting finalized into a package now)

Assets:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...-Standalone-PBO-Release&p=2486912#post2486912

Custom enterable buildings (lots we've done so far are not on Tavi, but several are for sure. Also we can help you out with any Q's you have about the modelling/opening existing BI buildings)

Also feel free to browse through our github, it's loaded with wonderful ideas, lots of which are pretty well mapped out, just need coding.

https://github.com/CiFor/DayZ_Sahrani/issues?state=open

What exactly are you looking to have done? Just recently I downloaded the files to do more testing and didn't find any issues.

It looks like the loot tables still need to be done.

What about vehicles? Are you looking to use whatever was in Taviana 2.0 or maybe add vehicles packs?

I would like to see the update get pushed out after the weapons and vehicles are taken care of. Stuff like base building and other scripts should be left to the server owners.

currently there is space for almost everything. Only thing i don´t want is to create a new epoch clone. (played for some time now to get a feeling what it offers).

tavi has historically been PVP heavy, go towards overwatch/special operations type mod.

Loads of vehicles, loads of weapons. Done.

tavi has historically been PVP heavy, go towards overwatch/special operations type mod.

Loads of vehicles, loads of weapons. Done.

I fully agree with cen, give us lots of different vehicles and weapons so we can get some variation, the only reason im not playing the standalone is because..well it doesnt have Taviana, which in my opinion the best map ever made for Arma/DayZ.

Looking forward to start up a new server once we have the update on commander!

Don't ban anything and give server admins the choice of vehicles and weapons :)
Then there's no need for any Rmod servers or hacking scripts to get weapons spawning.

A full list of whats unbanned and included will be released with the update. Serveradmins can choose what to add or not

it will be dayztaviana.com 3.0.0
just finished a little script to enhance spawn procedure. You spawn nearby a crashsite with ammoboxes containing a random start gear. This seems to have more realism when landing on a beach at an island. The temporary crashsite gets removed after 5 minutes to save server resources. Fire is out not to attract players.
Can be turned on/off by serveradmins. Gear is fully customizable / randomizable

spawnGear1.jpg

spawnGear2.jpg

Last edited:
will the origins sector b island be included in this 3.0 version too? so we can build our own sector there ^^
and what about the sabina tunnel bug in 2.0? you can get in/out at one side but not on the other...

i hope this map will work with epoch too again?

unfortunately those bugs will still be there because usage of the taviana 3.0 map is prohibitet by GP and Martin. Editing the 2.0 Tavinaa map is also prohibited. Therefore we will have no sector b. But since map_eu and asc_eu_lights will be included its up to the serveradmins to build in custom stuff at their wish.
epoch might not work. they might need to update some peace of code.

Very nice, Sharkking!

Really like the fact that you are making these scripts so they can be turned on\off by server admins.

Back