Test Server (Local) Authentication Timeout

alexlawson

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Hi just to explain what I have done, I have made a local test server and I get a error popup from arma saying 'Authentication Timeout' then it kicks me to the lobby. So at first I thought my firewall was blocking it so I allowed the armaoaserver.exe past the firewall didn't work, then I made a inbound and outbound rule allowing it still nothing, also this is not a port issue because I have ports 2300-2306 port forwarded. I have also tried running it as a administrator still nothing :(.

Here are my configs in cause I have made a silly error.

Config.cfg - http://pastebin.com/xzgd5rE2

Start batch - http://pastebin.com/KQY3WVkZ

Nothing in the RPT and I can connect fine but after a short period of time I get kick with 'authentication timeout'.

Make sure your server can connect to the database. Verify that your database if on the same machine as the server has localhost added to the authorised connections.

The server can connect to the Database, I don't know anything about authorizing the connection, is this done on my machine or on my router CP.

install that and make sure the server starts and you can join. the install your epoch files. you can start the db up separately from the server by copying that part of the @start_server.bat file into a new start_db.bat file. then you can keep it running when needed without fooling with the windows mysql service or xammp.
i use mysql workbench which is provided by the mysql team itself http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.1.html
connect to localhost with dayz dayz and you can create a new epoch database and import the epoh sql data ... then just change the name of the db to open in your start server bat file

are you getting the database dll files and hiveext.dll mixed up between epoch and dayz?

when you start the server, and you join the server, does the hive command window start scrolling all the reads-writes at all? if not then the actual database connection fails, look at the hive.log
if it does scroll data then the db connection is ok

i had reinstalled windows and my dayz server last month and had issues too. i finally downloaded the files again and it turns out the initial download had corrupted the files. redownload fixed the problems.

The database window built into his pack does open and starts showing all the database stuff. I have completely ran out of ideas now, whats ports need to be forwarded I have 2300-2306 done so I might need other forwarded.

usually thats a network error ... lag type thing IMHO.
if the hive is processing read/writes when you join then the server side is working, so you DO have this window that says hiveext

BoQCIvE.png

Check your server.cfg file and make sure the mission name is correct.

Check your mod addons folder and make sure the files are inside @dayz/addons or @dayz_epoch/addons

I checked if having the steamports lines are required to join a local server, they were not. But default server.cfg files dont include those.

You are using epoch, copy those dll files that come with the mod into your root server folder. I have had them cause CTD.

Redownload the mod files and reinstall ... files get corrupted and sometimes it just doesn't seem to work.
Sometimes it just seems maybe there is a driver issue or something that cant be fixed. Dangerruss has a popular server or two and to this day the private testing server wont work on his computer

Back