The 'What would you like to see' thread?

So while i've been playing for the past couple of days, a number of ideas has popped up that i thought could be some nice additions to this mod. Im a sucker for variety so most of the ideas are just stuff to add.

Dull Knife - I often find myself dying due to not being able to find a hunting knife in time, and i seem to find pistols and rifles more often. So i got the idea of adding a dull knife of some sort, which should work as an inferior version of the hunting knife. Maybe only giving half the meat a regular hunting knife would produce when skinning, maybe with a % chance of breaking or something else entirely to indicate its inferiority.

Extract Blood - This would add the ability to extract blood from one survivor and thereby make a bloodbag, this would be pretty epic when you're playing with others and they're near death and youre on full, giving you the opportunity to give some of yours to your mate. Maybe adding a couple of different blood types would make this a bit harder to achieve. Also the bloodbag should not heal to full health, but only give the same amount as was taken.

Custom Medic Supplies - Adding cloth of some kind and combining it with a pile of wood could make a bandage for instance or maybe even work the same way morphine does.

More old Weapons - For instance, i tried dayz origins once and found a ppsh-41, it could only fire automatically and had awfull accuracy, a downright horrible gun to be honest, so maybe it could fit in in 2017? It looked old and was used by some militarys that also used the mosin-nagant. And seeing as it would still be far worse than the custom m16 it might not be too OP ?
I would love to have more guns that aren't OP and wouldn't fit the theme of the mod. Over the time i spent in different dayz mods i've encountered quite many that i think might fit 2017 very well.

Now i have absolutely no idea what it would take to implement any of these things, so it's nothing more than a bunch of random ideas, but i hope you find them to be interesting and possible :)

All of this is really good ideaS!

I like DayZ 2017 a lot, but the only problem is for me the lack of "endgame" and varity. If you got all the stuff you really need, there is really little to do. And you can't do very much, because usually there are only a few people online on your server.
I think it would be cool to add some more different guns. I would like to see the CZ550 again. I know a lot of people wouldn't it, but I like the thrill that there could be some camping on a hill near Stary and you need to check them all or you could easily get shot. I think the sniper is some part of dayz and it mostly stands for a bandit, without it there is no banditry at all.

I like that you want to put the base building in.

Who said you can't snipe with a mosin? :p

But yeah, we've really considered adding the CZ, but after a long debate, decided not to.

I think it would be cool to add weapon mods - for example, instead of adding the CZ 550, you can add in a scope which you can attach to your Mosin which gives you a scoped Mosin, but this shouldn't provide much of a zoom. Maybe about half of what a CZ 550 provides. They shouldn't spawn together as one gun though, you should be required to find the pieces yourself.

Also, you should make temperature more of an issue, especially at night and during rain. Add more types of lootable clothing that better combat against low temperature than standard clothes.

I think the gyrocopters and the mozzie should hold a lot less fuel, so you would be required to refill it often. They should be used for short hops. I would say they should hold about 1/5 the amount of fuel that they currently do.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I must say this is a great mod.

Back