TLV|Epoch Chernarus|31.3.225.43:5902|BuildSnap|AutoFuel|DayzAI|SelfBB|Starter Gear|HALO In|Join Us!

for the scripts you can think about turning off headshot auto to a body shot script (i cant think of the script typings for the setup) (body shots give the player more of a chance to win if he/she is on their own.
James

one last thing i promise for now. on my server i made it to where u need no plot pole (as they are super expensive and the admins could kick players that abuse the non plot pole for trapping players in their bases.)

guys you HAVE GOT TO MAKE THE AI LESS POWERFUL AND MORE REALISTIC. i was at my base cutting wood and all of a sudden here comes 7 AI all with lmgs and m4a1 ccos and they shot me and killed me. tereus you and i have got to fix this. as well every single town or city i go to there is an AI patrol of at least 3-6 everytime i go anywhere.
please fix.
James

Admin Update 2/7/2014
Implemented a default / starter loadout. The loadout is as follows:

Gear:

• x1 M9 Pistol
  • x3 M9 Pistol Mags
  • x2 Bandages
  • x1 10 slot / weapon backpack
Toolbelt:
  • Matches
  • Hatchet
  • Radio
The radio has been included due to our implementing DayzAI into the game. The radio will allow players new to DayzAI to know when AI is near, and chasing them. Please note that ALL AI on the server is hostile, however, the set reward for killing an Non-zed AI is as follows:
  • 50 Humanity per kill.
  • Chance for awesome loot by killing the AI Patrols.
  • Chance for very rare / super rare loot from eliminating AI Helicopter Patrols.
  • A bigger challenge for all players on the server.
AI breakdown as follows:
  • Patrols spawn everywhere in Chernarus. The size of the patrol is dependent upon the amount of actual players in that area. Typical for 1 player in the area is 3-5 AI. This will drastically increase, on purpose, as player population in a particular are increases.
  • AI will not attack zombies, but all AI is hostile to players. AI will use an assortment of weapons, to include, LMGs, ARs, Snipers, etc.
  • AI Helicopters will patrol the map.
  • AI WILL NOT spawn in the following locations: Stary Sobor (Trader City), NEAF (Airplane Vendor)
  • AI WILL attack you on sight, track you, and kill you if you do not kill them first.
i dont like this they should be peaceful at citys except for custom military places and the NWAF and balota

i understand that the AI are to make the game challenging but think about making AI missions that AI spawn at as well
REMEMBER ALL I SAY IS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM I AM NOT A HETR ON THE SERVER. I SIMPLY WANT TO REPORT PROBLEMS I AND OTHERS HAVE HAD.
thanks
,JAmes

hey guys James hhere i was wondering if you are thinking about changing the loading screen with something different once you get the server working how u want it.if so i have a freind who oculd design something as he is a spectacular artist. i know it would be your final decision but if you guys do want me to get my freind to do something it would take 2-3 weeks to make so please comment ?
thanks,
james

Admin Update 2/11/2014:

Hotfix has been implemented and the server is back up. This hotfix addresses the following issues:

• DayzAI - AI Tiers have been tweaked. While Tier 3 (Hardest) AI will still have a baseline of .80 endurance, their overall skill level has been set to .60 (Down from .80). This will allow players to stand a better chance against them. Please understand that with DayzAI alone, ALL AI are hostile to players. We will be implementing Sarge AI soon, and at that point their will be Humanity based Friendly / Hostile AI, i.e. Bandit / Neutral / Hero AI.
  • Added NVGs to default starter gear in response to the HALO drops at night / NVG non-dropping.
  • Reset AI spawns to default. No longer will 3 hour firefights with 50+ AI at NWAF / Cherno happen now.
AI has been tweaked in the following ways:
  • AI will no longer hunt players to the ends of the earth if player kills a group member.
  • AI difficulty base line has been changed as follows (.35, .4, .45, .5, .6) AI will still retain their default Health.
  • The above listed baseline affects the following AI traits: Aim speed / accuracy / reload / spot distance / shake / spot time.
  • AI will now drop more of all loot, outside of ammo.
  • Humanity gained from killing an AI has been changed to 150.
  • AI minimum respawn time has been set to 7 minutes, up from 5 minutes.
  • AI Helicopter respawn has been set to 15 minutes minimum / 20 minutes maximum.
  • AI helicopter patrol has been set to 3 active patrols maximum.
  • AI Tier 3 now have a chance to spawn / attack with M136
  • AI are no longer able to spawn with the following weapons: "M9SD","MakarovSD","FN_FAL_ANPVS4","M79_EP1","Mk_48_DZ","BAF_AS50_scoped"
Stuff not addressed in this hotfix, but currently in progress:
  • Sarge AI implementation
  • Self Bloodbag re-implementation
  • Custom areas

Last edited:
hey guys James hhere i was wondering if you are thinking about changing the loading screen with something different once you get the server working how u want it.if so i have a freind who oculd design something as he is a spectacular artist. i know it would be your final decision but if you guys do want me to get my freind to do something it would take 2-3 weeks to make so please comment ?
thanks,
james
Hi James,

Currently we are working on a more dynamic loading screen. It will be implemented once we implement custom locations. This new loading screen / custom locations hotfix is still a couple of weeks out however.

Thanks for your continued patronage,

The admin team

Admin Hotfix 2:
  • New Default Loadout:
  • Weapons: MP5A5, M9
  • Ammo: x2 MP5A5 mags, x1 M9 Mag
  • Gear: 10 Slot backpack, Hatchet, Matches, NVGs, Radio

Last edited:
Admin Hotfix 3:
  • Krixes Self Blood Bag has now been implemented and is working. It takes 30 seconds to administer a blood bag to yourself, 10% chance of infection, and has a 60 second cooldown before you can do it again.
  • Please be advised we may tweak those times as the game progresses.

just an update i have not been active since Tuesday dont think i have left. i have to crunch for tests so i can graduate. highschool.
ill be on tommorrow tho lol.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so glad u guys implemented self blood. have you fixed the AI yet? and can you guys give me a estimate on how long it will take to add custom towns spawns vehicles etc. and the sarge AI.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i will work to help you guys on this server as it can be a pain in the ass sometimes. if you ever are interested in talking on skype just add me: jamescasey1379 im available most of the time.

thanks for your concern.
james

Last edited:
Hi James,

Currently we are working on a more dynamic loading screen. It will be implemented once we implement custom locations. This new loading screen / custom locations hotfix is still a couple of weeks out however.

Thanks for your continued patronage,

The admin team
okay thanks.
you guys do a great job of replying to my posts and i appreciate that.(as some servers dont give a shit what their members say.)
please keep me updated on everything happening so i can be aware. im glad that you guys have gone out of your way to fix the server to what the members want and complain about. it is a tedious task to implement hotfixes all the time for members problems and advice
keep up the good work guys.
James

Admin Update 2/13/2014:
  • Server is now up to date with Dayz Epoch 1.0.4.2. Please update your client if you have not already.
Admin Notes:
Dear Server Patrons,

We are currently working on a custom tailored map and it is progressing well. The only uncertainty we have is whether or not player created bases will be wiped when we implement the change. If you have already started building in an area, please contact an admin in game, or here, so we can teleport to your base and catalog your buildings / materials used in your base in the event it gets wiped when we implement the new map.

Please use the following form for forum posts:
Code:
Player Stuffz:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player IGN:
Typical Times on Server:
Admin Contacted:
Date Admin Contacted:
Admin Stuffz:
Admin Name:
Date Contacted:
Contacted By:
Screenshots of Base?  Yes / No
If No, then screenshot, and send via Skype.
If Yes, Here is a cookie.
Materials to be refunded if wipe:
Example: x10 Cinder Walls

Admin Update 2/14/2014:

First of all, The admin team would like to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day, and we hope you spend the evening with your significant other. Real Life calls from time to time. However, if you don't have a significant other, you should definitely come hang with us.

A reminder for all you new players. There are AI that run around in game, in a plethora of skins, i.e. military, bandit, hero, survivor. Please remember that all AI are hostile, and will not hesitate to shoot you in the face.

Server Stuff:

• Implemented new loading screen
  • Tweaked Dayz AI scripts
  • Enabled animal taming
  • Increased AI helicopter patrols reload time by 10 seconds.
  • Fixed issue with base maintenance
  • Fixed issue with loot tables regarding helicopter wrecks
Notes:
  • Players should now be able to access their vaults / safes without being kicked from the server after inputting the access code.
  • Players should now be able to tame animals, and command them, without being kicked from the server.
  • Players should now be able to see AI Static messages properly in the lower left of their screen if being hunted by AI Patrols.
  • Players should now be able to access their plot poles, and maintain their bases with gold, regardless of having building materials.

is the form for reports of bugs or what becuase it seems to have alot about admin names etc.
----------------------------
sory if i didnt get this right
james

is the form for reports of bugs or what becuase it seems to have alot about admin names etc.
----------------------------
sory if i didnt get this right
james

James,

That form I pasted in a code box above is for players who have created player bases, and have actually fortified their bases, i.e. Cinderblock / wood / corrugated metal walls, garage doors etc. Its so the admins can document what the players have, materials wise, in the event the bases are wiped when we implement the modified chernarus map we have been working on.

Hope that explains it for you.

Admin Update 2/14/2014:

• The issue involving missing player created bases is now fixed. All pre-built bases / placed crates / vaults / etc should be back. Not quite sure what the issue was but it is fixed now.
  • Temporarily disabled 4 hour server restarts due to messages not showing before server restart.

Back