Tow/Lift Script Help

deadly fishes

Hey guys! I have my tow and lift script working fine, but now I would like to change which vehicles are actually able to tow/lift and which vehicles can be towed/lifted.

I've been rummaging around through the code but I can't seem to put my finger on how to go about changing those around.

Thanks!

Here is mine added all the vehicles i could think of

this file is located in:
\dayz_1.chernarus\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf

Code:
/**
* English and French comments
* Commentaires anglais et français
* This file contains the configuration variables of the logistics system.
* Fichier contenant les variables de configuration du système de logistique.
* Important note : All the classes names which inherits from the ones used in configuration variables will be also available.
* Note importante : Tous les noms de classes dérivant de celles utilisées dans les variables de configuration seront aussi valables.
*/

/*
* There are two ways to manage new objects with the logistics system. The first is to add these objects in the
* folowing appropriate lists. The second is to create a new external file in the /addons_config/ directory,
* according to the same scheme as the existing ones, and to add a #include at the end of this current file.
* Deux moyens existent pour gérer de nouveaux objets avec le système logistique. Le premier consiste à ajouter
* ces objets dans les listes appropriées ci-dessous. Le deuxième est de créer un fichier externe dans le répertoire
* /addons_config/ selon le même schéma que ceux qui existent déjà, et d'ajouter un #include à la fin de ce présent fichier.
*/

/****** TOW WITH VEHICLE / REMORQUER AVEC VEHICULE ******/

/**
* List of class names of (ground or air) vehicles which can tow towables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des véhicules terrestres pouvant remorquer des objets remorquables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs =
[

"ATV_US_EP1",
"BAF_Offroad_D",
"BAF_Offroad_W",
"car_hatchback",
"car_sedan",
"datsun1_civil_2_covered",
"Fishing_Boat",
"hilux1_civil_1_open",
"hilux1_civil_2_covered",
"hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1",
"HMMWV_DZ",
"Ikarus",
"Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada1",
"Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada2",
"Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1",
"LadaLM",
"LandRover_CZ_EP1",
"LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1",
"MTVR",
"PBX",
"Policecar",
"S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",
"SkodaBlue",
"SkodaGreen",
"SkodaRed",
"Smallboat_1",
"SUV_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",
"UralCivil",
"UralCivil2",
"Ural_INS",
"V3S_Civ",
"VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"VWGolf"

];

/**
* List of class names of towables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des objets remorquables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_remorquables =
[
"SUV_TK_EP1",
"ATV_US_EP1",
"BAF_Offroad_D",
"BAF_Offroad_W",
"car_hatchback",
"car_sedan",
"Fishing_Boat",
"hilux1_civil_1_open",
"HMMWV_DZ",
"Ikarus",
"Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada1",
"Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada2",
"Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1",
"LadaLM",
"LandRover_CZ_EP1",
"LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1",
"MTVR",
"PBX",
"Policecar",
"S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",
"SkodaBlue",
"SkodaGreen",
"SkodaRed",
"Smallboat_1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",
"UralCivil",
"UralCivil2",
"Ural_INS",
"V3S_Civ",
"VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"VWGolf"

];

/****** LIFT WITH VEHICLE / HELIPORTER AVEC VEHICULE ******/

/**
* List of class names of air vehicles which can lift liftables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des véhicules aériens pouvant héliporter des objets héliportables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_heliporteurs =
[
    "Mi17_DZ",
    "UH1H_DZ",
    "MV22",
    "MH6J_DZ",
    "AH6X_DZ"
];

/**
* List of class names of liftables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des objets héliportables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables =
[
"SUV_TK_EP1",
"AH6X_DZ",
"AN2_DZ",
"ATV_US_EP1",
"BAF_Offroad_D",
"BAF_Offroad_W",
"car_hatchback",
"car_sedan",
"Fishing_Boat",
"hilux1_civil_1_open",
"HMMWV_DZ",
"Ikarus",
"Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada1",
"Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada2",
"Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1",
"LadaLM",
"LandRover_CZ_EP1",
"LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1",
"MH6J_DZ",
"Mi17_DZ",
"MTVR",
"MV22",
"PBX",
"Policecar",
"S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",
"SkodaBlue",
"SkodaGreen",
"SkodaRed",
"Smallboat_1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",
"UH1H_DZ",
"UralCivil",
"UralCivil2",
"Ural_INS",
"V3S_Civ",
"VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"VWGolf"

];

/****** LOAD IN VEHICLE / CHARGER DANS LE VEHICULE ******/

/*
* This section use a quantification of the volume and/or weight of the objets.
* The arbitrary referencial used is : an ammo box of type USVehicleBox "weights" 12 units.
* Cette section utilise une quantification du volume et/ou poids des objets.
* Le référentiel arbitraire utilisé est : une caisse de munition de type USVehicleBox "pèse" 12 unités.
* Note : the priority of a declaration of capacity to another corresponds to their order in the tables.
*  For example : the "Truck" class is in the "Car" class (see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgVehicles).
*  If "Truck" is declared with a capacity of 140 before "Car". And if "Car" is declared after "Truck" with a capacity of 40,
*  Then all the sub-classes in "Truck" will have a capacity of 140. And all the sub-classes of "Car", excepted the ones
*  in "Truck", will have a capacity of 40.
* Note : la priorité d'une déclaration de capacité sur une autre correspond à leur ordre dans les tableaux.
*  Par exemple : la classe "Truck" appartient à la classe "Car" (voir http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgVehicles).
*  Si "Truck" est déclaré avec une capacité de 140 avant "Car". Et que "Car" est déclaré après "Truck" avec une capacité de 40,
*  Alors toutes les sous-classes appartenant à "Truck" auront une capacité de 140. Et toutes les sous-classes appartenant
*  à "Car", exceptées celles de "Truck", auront une capacité de 40.
*/

/**
* List of class names of (ground or air) vehicles which can transport transportables objects.
* The second element of the arrays is the load capacity (in relation with the capacity cost of the objects).
* Liste des noms de classes des véhicules (terrestres ou aériens) pouvant transporter des objets transportables.
* Le deuxième élément des tableaux est la capacité de chargement (en relation avec le coût de capacité des objets).
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_transporteurs =
[
    // e.g. : ["MyTransporterClassName1", itsCapacity], ["MyTransporterClassName2", itsCapacity]
];

/**
* List of class names of transportables objects.
* The second element of the arrays is the cost capacity (in relation with the capacity of the vehicles).
* Liste des noms de classes des objets transportables.
* Le deuxième élément des tableaux est le coût de capacité (en relation avec la capacité des véhicules).
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_transportables =
[
    // e.g. : ["MyTransportableObjectClassName1", itsCost], ["MyTransportableObjectClassName2", itsCost]
];

/****** MOVABLE-BY-PLAYER OBJECTS / OBJETS DEPLACABLES PAR LE JOUEUR ******/

/**
* List of class names of objects moveables by player.
* Liste des noms de classes des objets transportables par le joueur.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_deplacables =
[
    // e.g. : "MyMovableObjectClassName1", "MyMovableObjectClassName2"
];

/*
* List of files adding objects in the arrays of logistics configuration (e.g. R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs)
* Add an include to the new file here if you want to use the logistics with a new addon.
* Liste des fichiers ajoutant des objets dans les tableaux de fonctionnalités logistiques (ex : R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs)
* Ajoutez une inclusion vers votre nouveau fichier ici si vous souhaitez utilisez la logistique avec un nouvel addon.
*/
#include "addons_config\ACE_OA_objects.sqf"
#include "addons_config\BAF_objects.sqf"
#include "addons_config\arma2_CO_objects.sqf"

just edit it how you see fit. each section is written in english so you can understand what each set of vehicles do.

* List of class names of (ground or air) vehicles which can tow towables objects. line 31-69
* List of class names of towables objects. line 81-119
* List of class names of air vehicles which can lift liftables objects. lines 131-136
* List of class names of liftables objects. lines 145-189

Can a vehicle tow and also be towable?

edit: I read somewhere that if a vehicle is in both list (tow + towable) then the script will fail to work. Haven't tried it though, just would like verification if anyone knows.

Can a vehicle tow and also be towable?

edit: I read somewhere that if a vehicle is in both list (tow + towable) then the script will fail to work. Haven't tried it though, just would like verification if anyone knows.

sigh waste of my time on you i see... were not going to do this for you. you have to do atleast one thing which is READ THE DAMN RESPONSE!

Here is mine added all the vehicles i could think of

this file is located in:
\dayz_1.chernarus\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf

Code:
/**
* English and French comments
* Commentaires anglais et français
* This file contains the configuration variables of the logistics system.
* Fichier contenant les variables de configuration du système de logistique.
* Important note : All the classes names which inherits from the ones used in configuration variables will be also available.
* Note importante : Tous les noms de classes dérivant de celles utilisées dans les variables de configuration seront aussi valables.
*/

/*
* There are two ways to manage new objects with the logistics system. The first is to add these objects in the
* folowing appropriate lists. The second is to create a new external file in the /addons_config/ directory,
* according to the same scheme as the existing ones, and to add a #include at the end of this current file.
* Deux moyens existent pour gérer de nouveaux objets avec le système logistique. Le premier consiste à ajouter
* ces objets dans les listes appropriées ci-dessous. Le deuxième est de créer un fichier externe dans le répertoire
* /addons_config/ selon le même schéma que ceux qui existent déjà, et d'ajouter un #include à la fin de ce présent fichier.
*/

/****** TOW WITH VEHICLE / REMORQUER AVEC VEHICULE ******/

/**
* List of class names of (ground or air) vehicles which can tow towables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des véhicules terrestres pouvant remorquer des objets remorquables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs =
[

"ATV_US_EP1",
"BAF_Offroad_D",
"BAF_Offroad_W",
"car_hatchback",
"car_sedan",
"Fishing_Boat",
"hilux1_civil_1_open",
"HMMWV_DZ",
"Ikarus",
"Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada1",
"Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada2",
"Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1",
"LadaLM",
"LandRover_CZ_EP1",
"LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1",
"MTVR",
"PBX",
"Policecar",
"S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",
"SkodaBlue",
"SkodaGreen",
"SkodaRed",
"Smallboat_1",
"SUV_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",
"UralCivil",
"UralCivil2",
"Ural_INS",
"V3S_Civ",
"VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"VWGolf"

];

/**
* List of class names of towables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des objets remorquables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_remorquables =
[
"SUV_TK_EP1",
"ATV_US_EP1",
"BAF_Offroad_D",
"BAF_Offroad_W",
"car_hatchback",
"car_sedan",
"Fishing_Boat",
"hilux1_civil_1_open",
"HMMWV_DZ",
"Ikarus",
"Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada1",
"Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada2",
"Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1",
"LadaLM",
"LandRover_CZ_EP1",
"LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1",
"MTVR",
"PBX",
"Policecar",
"S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",
"SkodaBlue",
"SkodaGreen",
"SkodaRed",
"Smallboat_1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",
"UralCivil",
"UralCivil2",
"Ural_INS",
"V3S_Civ",
"VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"VWGolf"

];

/****** LIFT WITH VEHICLE / HELIPORTER AVEC VEHICULE ******/

/**
* List of class names of air vehicles which can lift liftables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des véhicules aériens pouvant héliporter des objets héliportables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_heliporteurs =
[
    "Mi17_DZ",
    "UH1H_DZ",
    "MV22",
    "MH6J_DZ",
    "AH6X_DZ"
];

/**
* List of class names of liftables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des objets héliportables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables =
[
"SUV_TK_EP1",
"AH6X_DZ",
"AN2_DZ",
"ATV_US_EP1",
"BAF_Offroad_D",
"BAF_Offroad_W",
"car_hatchback",
"car_sedan",
"Fishing_Boat",
"hilux1_civil_1_open",
"HMMWV_DZ",
"Ikarus",
"Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada1",
"Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Lada2",
"Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1",
"LadaLM",
"LandRover_CZ_EP1",
"LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1",
"MH6J_DZ",
"Mi17_DZ",
"MTVR",
"MV22",
"PBX",
"Policecar",
"S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",
"SkodaBlue",
"SkodaGreen",
"SkodaRed",
"Smallboat_1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",
"UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",
"UH1H_DZ",
"UralCivil",
"UralCivil2",
"Ural_INS",
"V3S_Civ",
"VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1",
"Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1",
"VWGolf"

];

/****** LOAD IN VEHICLE / CHARGER DANS LE VEHICULE ******/

/*
* This section use a quantification of the volume and/or weight of the objets.
* The arbitrary referencial used is : an ammo box of type USVehicleBox "weights" 12 units.
* Cette section utilise une quantification du volume et/ou poids des objets.
* Le référentiel arbitraire utilisé est : une caisse de munition de type USVehicleBox "pèse" 12 unités.
* Note : the priority of a declaration of capacity to another corresponds to their order in the tables.
*  For example : the "Truck" class is in the "Car" class (see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgVehicles).
*  If "Truck" is declared with a capacity of 140 before "Car". And if "Car" is declared after "Truck" with a capacity of 40,
*  Then all the sub-classes in "Truck" will have a capacity of 140. And all the sub-classes of "Car", excepted the ones
*  in "Truck", will have a capacity of 40.
* Note : la priorité d'une déclaration de capacité sur une autre correspond à leur ordre dans les tableaux.
*  Par exemple : la classe "Truck" appartient à la classe "Car" (voir http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgVehicles).
*  Si "Truck" est déclaré avec une capacité de 140 avant "Car". Et que "Car" est déclaré après "Truck" avec une capacité de 40,
*  Alors toutes les sous-classes appartenant à "Truck" auront une capacité de 140. Et toutes les sous-classes appartenant
*  à "Car", exceptées celles de "Truck", auront une capacité de 40.
*/

/**
* List of class names of (ground or air) vehicles which can transport transportables objects.
* The second element of the arrays is the load capacity (in relation with the capacity cost of the objects).
* Liste des noms de classes des véhicules (terrestres ou aériens) pouvant transporter des objets transportables.
* Le deuxième élément des tableaux est la capacité de chargement (en relation avec le coût de capacité des objets).
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_transporteurs =
[
    // e.g. : ["MyTransporterClassName1", itsCapacity], ["MyTransporterClassName2", itsCapacity]
];

/**
* List of class names of transportables objects.
* The second element of the arrays is the cost capacity (in relation with the capacity of the vehicles).
* Liste des noms de classes des objets transportables.
* Le deuxième élément des tableaux est le coût de capacité (en relation avec la capacité des véhicules).
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_transportables =
[
    // e.g. : ["MyTransportableObjectClassName1", itsCost], ["MyTransportableObjectClassName2", itsCost]
];

/****** MOVABLE-BY-PLAYER OBJECTS / OBJETS DEPLACABLES PAR LE JOUEUR ******/

/**
* List of class names of objects moveables by player.
* Liste des noms de classes des objets transportables par le joueur.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_deplacables =
[
    // e.g. : "MyMovableObjectClassName1", "MyMovableObjectClassName2"
];

/*
* List of files adding objects in the arrays of logistics configuration (e.g. R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs)
* Add an include to the new file here if you want to use the logistics with a new addon.
* Liste des fichiers ajoutant des objets dans les tableaux de fonctionnalités logistiques (ex : R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs)
* Ajoutez une inclusion vers votre nouveau fichier ici si vous souhaitez utilisez la logistique avec un nouvel addon.
*/
#include "addons_config\ACE_OA_objects.sqf"
#include "addons_config\BAF_objects.sqf"
#include "addons_config\arma2_CO_objects.sqf"

just edit it how you see fit. each section is written in english so you can understand what each set of vehicles do.

* List of class names of (ground or air) vehicles which can tow towables objects. line 31-69
* List of class names of towables objects. line 81-119
* List of class names of air vehicles which can lift liftables objects. lines 131-136
* List of class names of liftables objects. lines 145-189

Thanks for the tip. I copied and pasted this into my config which was the default, and it made the script stop working.

Also, I tried to add Su34 and other heli's able to tow each other. could that be an issue?

sigh waste of my time on you i see... were not going to do this for you. you have to do atleast one thing which is READ THE DAMN RESPONSE!

haha sorry alkinda, but i actually got it done and working before everyone's response. I didn't realize you guys were still waiting on my response.

Thanks for your post, I edited my script and everything works fine :)

edit: also I added some more vehicles from here http://www.mpgh.net/forum/624-dayz-...banned-vehicles-weapons-ammo-items-equip.html to the list, so if the OP wants to spawn some other unbanned vehicles, he can add these too.

Thanks for the tip. I copied and pasted this into my config which was the default, and it made the script stop working.

Also, I tried to add Su34 and other heli's able to tow each other. could that be an issue?

My file wasn't 100% identical to Alkinda's file, so instead of copy pasting his whole file into yours, try just adding the vehicles into their respective categories and see if that fixes it. Also an Su34 is a jet, how/why would you want it to tow?

My file wasn't 100% identical to Alkinda's file, so instead of copy pasting his whole file into yours, try just adding the vehicles into their respective categories and see if that fixes it. Also an Su34 is a jet, how/why would you want it to tow?

Because why not :D

Honestly wanted to try some stuff out. That is all. I will try this.

Would you mind posting your code, or sending it to me? I'm just curious as to why his didn't work why yours does.

This is the exact version I use, don't know if its new/old, but it was from the [resources] link on opendayz.

open link in youtube, and all the downloads links are in video description.

Back