TSW question

Guys Ive been using TSW for months and months now, I've personally talked to SilentWarrior on many issues, and hes always been pretty good about getting back to me. He doesn't really play DayZ too much anymore from what I understand but hes still doing TSW stuff. Anyways, if you guys need help with something I'll try my best. Also, Im pretty sure some of the live functions are not currently working because something in the TSW program is using an older code that dayz doesn't use anymore, or something along those lines. BUT, Vehicles should be spawning live if you did it correctly. Also, you can edit gear by logging to the lobby, applying the changes and then logging back in. I mainly use TSW for custom vehicle spawns, and respawning vehicles, and to Ban modders/kick players. I think the tool is excellent, especially for beginner admins who aren't familiar with using the database in something like Heidisql. If you're having an especially hard time I would recommend asking TSW guy first, just email him he'll get back to you within a couple of days usually. If for some reason he isn't getting back to you, or you're in a real hurry while waiting for a response, message me I'll see what I can do! Just don't ask me too many installation questions because I use a vilayer server, and vilayer hosts this mod, its a one click install feature. IF YOURE A NEW ADMIN, STRUGGLING WITH YOUR SERVER, AND NOT GETTING MUCH HELP FROM YOUR PROVIDER, I RECOMMEND VILAYER. They offer a lot of 1 click install features for mods and addons, and also unpack your mission and server pbo's already for you.

TSW Epoch support has been added, currently working out all the quirks and missing features, should be good to go within a week or so.

so if epoch works now... then others like origins for example should work too? (private hives)
they are using the same db structure?

i should be able to change one of my tsw server licenses to test this one out the next days...
otherwise i have to buy another license from you =)
i'll check back if i know more

Im hoping to get this working on 1.8.. I don't know if it works right away or needs some fixes. I'll have to give it my best shot.

silent warior i have a sql message bug :

2:59:00 (TSW) Error : MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'epoch.profile' doesn't exist
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult (System.Int32& affectedRow, System.Int32& insertedId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

can you explain me i have a friend request on skype and e-mail request .

PLEASE

im having a problem after upgrading our server to dayz 1.8, tsw doesnt show vehicles moving on the map anymore only where they where spawned, player movements/postions etc are displayed on map fine, is this a problem with my server or tsw and 1.8 patch?

im having a problem after upgrading our server to dayz 1.8, tsw doesnt show vehicles moving on the map anymore only where they where spawned, player movements/postions etc are displayed on map fine, is this a problem with my server or tsw and 1.8 patch?

Couldnt tell you without more testing.

Has been sorted, ended up was a problem with my server database, Carlos came on and fixed it personally, NOW thats whats you call service, Thank you man :)

Epoch is now supported, however still in early testing, since I haven't had so much time to test it.

Enjoy.

Ps: enable it on the server configuration page on tsw site.

Hi there !

Sorry to dig out this topic but I have a few problems with TSW. I can log in , no errors and everything seems to work just fine. However whenever I try to change the gear of a player, or spawn a car etc... ( real time or not) an error message appears :

(TSW) Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

We are currently running the server with Vilayer ( Epoch ) . Additonally we are logged in with our root account and all types of updates are made.

Thanks for your help !

ps : I tryed to contact TSW but he is currently unreachable.

To be honest with you, TSW hasn't really worked the way its supposed to in a very long time for me. Nothing works live. For gear you have to log to the lobby, vehicles don't spawn until the next server restart, and the refuel/repair function on the window doesn't work. Practically none of the features on the player window work "kill, give gear, teleport" the teleport works if they log to the lobby but without exact world coordinates its a shot in the dark.

I honestly only use TSW to set up custom vehicle spawn points and to respawn vehicles when I want, and to ban players. I also really like to use the admin chat thing cause it comes up in that red admin text.. I wish there was a way to do that in game!

Good luck, Epoch is super new to the TSW tool. The guy is usually not very helpful when you do get ahold of him. He creates a lot more work for himself by not taking time to explain things properly in his email replies. Hes pretty short, one line answers that are pretty vague. You end up sending him like 20 emails just to get one thing sorted. Maybe hes super swamped with the project, Idk if hes doing it solo or if he has help?

hi,

Thanks for your honest and prompt answer. Thing is I can't even give gear in the lobby. I wouldn't mind not having the live actions if I would have these exact same actions available "offline".

So basically I can't TP , give gear , heal , refuel , repair , live map [...] neither in the lobby nor "live"

TBH ive found Carlos to be very helpful, i contact him on skype and he has sorted out 3 problems i have had personally, try him on skype

Perhaps this is good advice. I have no experience with Skype, and I don't even have the program. Ive only ever contacted him via email. I would try skyping him them and perhaps he will sort you out.
My personal experience with him was not the best. He was speaking very generally and not really explaining. Then he eventually stopped returning my emails.

Hi there !

Sorry to dig out this topic but I have a few problems with TSW. I can log in , no errors and everything seems to work just fine. However whenever I try to change the gear of a player, or spawn a car etc... ( real time or not) an error message appears :

We are currently running the server with Vilayer ( Epoch ) . Additonally we are logged in with our root account and all types of updates are made.

Thanks for your help !

ps : I tryed to contact TSW but he is currently unreachable.
Most likely a problem with the instance id Beeing incorrect

Perhaps this is good advice. I have no experience with Skype, and I don't even have the program. Ive only ever contacted him via email. I would try skyping him them and perhaps he will sort you out.
My personal experience with him was not the best. He was speaking very generally and not really explaining. Then he eventually stopped returning my emails.
If you email me I will reply, but if you don't I won't, unless I know from you there is a problem I won't be able to solve it.

This tool is for server admins, some basic knowledge of computers should be thought as a requirement, so my replies sometimes are straight to the point (problem) and not a tutorial (that's what my websites help section is for), if you require extra info let me know and maybe I can point you towards the right direction.

Back