[Tutorial] Custom Loot Tables and Adjusting Spawn Rates

Has anyone attempted this on DayZ 1.8.1? Just wondering since I really do not want to have to do this all over again just to find out that the script needs to be updated.

Has anyone attempted this on DayZ 1.8.1? Just wondering since I really do not want to have to do this all over again just to find out that the script needs to be updated.

are there new items that need to be added to the loot, im wondering?

I did see some new objects such as different blood types and blood test kits, there are also some new item models.

So we'll just need to readd those items to the loot. Mostly everything else should work i think. I think the major changes was in the mysql database. Could be wrong though.

I make massive changes to the loot system because my servers' focus is on player-vs-AI, so we need tons of supplies to deal with the heavily armed, numerous, and well-organized adversaries.

First, there are a large number of revisions to the loot configuration files in 1.8.1 that alter the way they work as compared to the 1.8.0.3 versions. Notably, virtually all multiple spawn links back to the same spawn item classes have been reworked.

Second, there is a new way of handling trash. Rather than trash being included as separate items within each class, there's now a separate trash class that's handled as a multiple spawn probability line item at the end of each spawn class, with the individual items being handled within the trash class.

Third, there are a large number of new items, and it appears that some class names have been revised.

For these reasons I found it difficult to start with the 1.8.0.3 loot configuration files. It was much easier to start with the 1.8.1 default files.

Because there's a direction moving towards server side loot spawning, there are more files now on the server side that need to be revised. Previously, the files that needed to be changed were fa_hiveMaintenance.sqf, fn_bases.sqf, and server_spawnCrashSite.sqf. Now you also need to revise:

fnc_carePkgs.sqf
server_lootSpawner.sqf
server_buildingLoot.sqf
server_spawnLoot.sqf

Just to be clear, any instance of the string:

configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot"

needs to be changed to:

missionConfigfile >> "CfgBuildingLoot"

and any instance of the string:

configFile >> "CfgLoot"

needs to be changed to:

missionConfigfile >> "CfgLoot"

Any other instances of "configfile" in other expressions should not be changed. Remember that this mod as outlined here replaces configuration class definitions available to the system via the mission file configuration items. If you miss any instances of calls to the two classes noted above, anywhere, you'll get tons and tons of errors in arma2oaserver.RPT relating to uninitialized variables in loot_init.sqf, generally in the first 20 to 30 lines of that script. This happens because a failied call to the configuration system messes up a variable's contents. You don't get the error when that happens. You get the error when the system tries to use the messed-up variable later.

- ep

So server loads but zeds nor loot is spawning... Did whatever the tutorial said will try what ericpeterson99 has done above.

So server loads but zeds nor loot is spawning... Did whatever the tutorial said will try what ericpeterson99 has done above.
that means you did something wrong. You have to go through every single file you pulled from the dayz code and find anywhere that it says configfile, and then immediately references either CfgBuildingLoot or CfgLoot,and change it to missionconfigfile.

I had this working fine with 1.8.3.

I've updated the same files the same ways (and checked them twice over) with version 1.8.4.1. Custom loot appears to work, but the loot spawns are so much smaller than they used to be with the same percentage values (ie: antibiotics at 0.08 for instance.)

Did they change the way loot tables works or at least the way config files pull from the loot tables. I know it works because when I put a DMR_DZ with 0.99 chance at the hospital, it spawns. DMR's don't spawn at hospitals, so I know my config files are working.

Any suggestions or ideas?

I checked everything and there doesnt seem to be much difference between them at all ..

just have to fool with the settings until you get it right .. then post the howto ..

I'm having a bit of trouble with this, All the instructions in the tut refer to 1.7 files and having trouble figuring out how to do it in 1.8

All I really want to do is make buildings spawn anything from their usual tables on all available loot spots.

After going over various threads I just edited the CfgBuildingPos.hpp to increase lootChance = 1; from what I understand should make all loot piles spawn something.

Does anyone have a guide for this for 1.8 dayz? Preferably non Epoch

Back