Vanilla DayZ 2017 Weapons/Items ?

I kind of wish hosts would not supply these sorts of things for 2017, it really is the opposite of what the game is about. Its fair enought that people should be able to configure there servers however they want, but players won't know the difference.

I wonder if the fact that DayZ.ST has these features as web based control (and still checked turn ON for now) if it is overwriting your code work and allowing non-legit weapons to spawn.

Like I said earlier though, people say when they found the weapons they could pick them up but they would disappear/turn invisible. (I assume because the models have been removed)

I wonder if the fact that DayZ.ST has these features as web based control (and still checked turn ON for now) if it is overwriting your code work and allowing non-legit weapons to spawn.

Like I said earlier though, people say when they found the weapons they could pick them up but they would disappear/turn invisible. (I assume because the models have been removed)

They could be playing on your server without the 2017 mod.
It lets you find stuff at heli crashes and other stuff you wouldn't normally be able to find, but it's not actually there once you pick it up.
Not sure if that's been fixed yet or not, so....

They could be playing on your server without the 2017 mod.
It lets you find stuff at heli crashes and other stuff you wouldn't normally be able to find, but it's not actually there once you pick it up.
Not sure if that's been fixed yet or not, so....

I know that one of my friends tried to get on without the 2017 files downloaded and it just wouldn't let him connect at all. I can't say I know how they would be getting on without the files. Would that mean they come in without the Epic Beard Man skin and show up as a normal survivor skin? I wonder...

Hmmm....it looks like I might actually be able to get the files that I want to look at from the ST control panel. http://db.tt/h8rYK01Y

h8rYK01Y

Oh der, you said I need to look at dayz_code/config.cpp right? I'll have to see if I can request it from DayZ.ST

It'll probably be default, IF they give it to you.
Most likely you'll get something along the lines of "NO. GO FUCK YOURSELF." as a response.
Support is kinda meh.

lol and good luck getting anything changed if you want to.

It'll probably be default, IF they give it to you.
Most likely you'll get something along the lines of "NO. GO FUCK YOURSELF." as a response.
Support is kinda meh.

lol and good luck getting anything changed if you want to.

Yeah, I am thinking the owner will just say to disable the Wrecks and CPs. Be the easiest thing to do.

Thanks for all your help and guidance guys! :D

I just played on a server where the admins are insisting that the M14 is a legit weapon in 2017 - the ApocolypseSimulations.enjin.com server. The [S3] clan guys run it and claim that the M14 is in 2017 - went so far as to call me an idiot for claiming otherwise. Interestingly enough, it is also a DayZ.st server. So, I think you may be right that the added packages they offer are putting these weapons back in the game.

I mean, if an admin wants to add it... whatever, it's their server, I suppose... but I wish they would stop telling people it's a part of 2017... gives people the wrong impression of the game.

Interestingly enough, it is also a DayZ.st server. So, I think you may be right that the added packages they offer are putting these weapons back in the game.

They are not in my server and I surely do not have the means to add them easily, let me tell you.
Not that i'd want to add them, they kinda break 2017.

I just played on a server where the admins are insisting that the M14 is a legit weapon in 2017 - the ApocolypseSimulations.enjin.com server. The [S3] clan guys run it and claim that the M14 is in 2017 - went so far as to call me an idiot for claiming otherwise. Interestingly enough, it is also a DayZ.st server. So, I think you may be right that the added packages they offer are putting these weapons back in the game.

I mean, if an admin wants to add it... whatever, it's their server, I suppose... but I wish they would stop telling people it's a part of 2017... gives people the wrong impression of the game.

Sir, first off I wish to apologize for calling you an idiot. The number of people that come in and say they are testers, code writers, etc. for the various mods is silly and I figured you for another big-talker. One of my friends found these forums and your posts so again I wish to apologize.

Secondly I only stated what we found to work in the game. I didnt see it in the mod notes but figured it was either an oversight or a bug from when the CZ550 got removed maybe it made the M14AIM work. All the other guns dont work unless you personally have rmod running when you log into a server.

Please accept my apologies and I wish to extend and invitation to you to return to my server so that I might apologize to you in public. Additionally we will be removing any M14s from our server in order to keep to the feel of the mod.

Thank you for the apology, MacMerritt. First, I don't claim to be a tester (I helped out testing 1.1, but there are official testers now) or a code writer (though, I am exploring getting into some modelling, which has got me looking at code). What I said on your server after you said that the M14 was part of 2017 was that I'd been playing since testing, that I'd also seen the code - the code that Stapo posted earlier in this thread - and that the M14 was definitely not part of 2017. And, as I stated above, that's my only issue with what you had to say in the server (well, apart from the tone). As I said above, if you want to add stuff to 2017 - while it may not be my thing - it's your server. I'm certainly nobody to tell you how to run it; my only choice is whether or not to play on it.

As for why that particular gun seems to work, only the devs could say whether or not it's a bug, oversight, or whether it's something happening with the added features that DayZ.st are providing.

I'd love to come back and play on your server if you've taken out the M14s (I get a nice ping there), thanks. And, you certainly don't need to publicly apologize to me there, the public one above was certainly more than enough. Let's just call that done. :)

I don't suppose anyone knows how to associate the unique player ID that is listed in the database to a player name or GUID, or hell anyway to identify them? I want to also try to run a query to see if anyone has anything in their inventory related to DMR, M14, AS50, etc.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to associate the unique player ID that is listed in the database to a player name or GUID, or hell anyway to identify them? I want to also try to run a query to see if anyone has anything in their inventory related to DMR, M14, AS50, etc.

Which server do you have? I could write it quick SQL query for you?

Which server do you have? I could write it quick SQL query for you?

I just found how to link the Unique ID to the player names in the database. After some more searching it looks like the U-ID is an entry I can ref in the profile table. But I would still love some help on a query. :D

Back