Vilayer Dayz Epoch Server - DZAI Need Help

dayzguy55

Hey Guys,

I recent rented a server and got everything running smooth, Now i want to get AIs added.
I watched the instruction video but im getting confused ( New to do anything with servers - Willing Learn)
All the files that the server has are online - I tryd to follow the direct but no AI spawn. It looks like they provide everything i need online but not sure if i have to adjust folder names & locations.

Is anyone Fimilair with Vilayer Server Setup ??

Looking for someone to help get me though this process. I can do teamspeak, Email, Skype - Im willing to pay for your time as well

Just looking to have a fun weekend warrior sever.

Thanks in Advance
Robert

If anyone needs any of the code or anything displayed I can find it & Post it

This is Something i found on the web console for the server

17:56:43 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\init\dzai_initserver.sqf not found

Thank You Buttface - I think i was overthinking the process
Alright Used my head alittle & i think i got a little farther along - I get this in my main console
37 Strange convex component115 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component116 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component117 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component118 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component119 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component120 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component121 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component122 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component123 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component124 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component125 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component126 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component127 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component128 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component129 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component130 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component131 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component132 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component133 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:48:37 Strange convex component134 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
19:49:01 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
19:49:01 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
19:49:01 "HIVE: Starting"
19:49:01 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
19:49:02 "HIVE: found 300 objects"
19:49:02 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."
19:49:02 "HIVE: got 0 Epoch Objects and 300 Vehicles"
19:49:10 UH1Y_DZE: ObsTurret - unknown animation source ObsTurret
19:49:10 UH1Y_DZE: ObsGun - unknown animation source ObsGun
19:49:13 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_turret - unknown animation source FLIR_turret
19:49:13 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_gun - unknown animation source FLIR_gun
19:49:23 "HIVE: Vehicle Spawn limit reached!"
19:49:23 "HIVE: Spawning # of Debris: 500"
19:49:23 "HIVE: Spawning # of Ammo Boxes: 3"
19:49:23 "HIVE: Spawning # of Veins: 50"
19:49:23 "Total Number of spawn locations 5"
19:49:24 "EPOCH EVENTS INIT"
19:49:26 "DEBUG: Too many at [12010,9053.88]"
19:49:27 "DEBUG: Too many at [8676.67,11869.8]"
19:49:30 "DEBUG VEIN: Too many objects at [3917.47,9795.52]"
19:49:31 "DEBUG VEIN: Too many objects at [3918,9797.86]"
19:49:38 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
19:49:50 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2013,8,3,19,49]"
19:52:51 "CLEANUP: INITIALIZING CLEANUP SCRIPT"
19:52:57 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl

Does this mean the ai spawned or do i have another set of problems

There's no mention of DZAI in your log, which means that you didn't edit your server_monitor.sqf with the call compile line for DZAI.

Same thing with the previous RPT log - there's no mention of DZAI in the log, which means the server_monitor.sqf was not made properly.

The two types of problems I've seen:

1. dzai_initserver.sqf not found error: means you made the server_monitor.sqf edit correctly, but the DZAI folder was placed in the wrong location
2. No mention of DZAI in the log: means that the server_monitor.sqf edit was not done, so the server is never instructed to load DZAI files

Thanks for looking at it buttface - Gonna give it another go tomorrow.
I think it has to do with Vilayer Hosting - When i restart the server from the control panel I think it recreates the File & Then Doesnt use the one That i adjusted.

For some reason im only able to join the server once then I have to give it a quick restart for it to full load. The second login it gets stuck at the very last load screen & I can hear noise but not video. gonna try to reinstall everything one more time.

I think the main problem is with Vilayer they host the server thought a online portal - I can Download the .pbo File but I cant Change it ( I Use PBO Manager on the downloaded file but this wont do anything until i can upload it correctly) . I try to deleted it ( Being Used by Another Process) - I upload the New .pbo with a diffrent name but it wont work because it has a different name.
Maybe im going in the wrong direction

Check if your server hoster expects you to add your custom files to an unpacked version of the server pbo. I remember some users saying that a certain server hoster (don't remember which) automatically repacks the server pbo on each server start. If this is the case with Vilayer then it's probably replacing your modified server pbo on startup.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about server hosters, just something I thought could be useful.

I think the main problem is with Vilayer they host the server thought a online portal - I can Download the .pbo File but I cant Change it ( I Use PBO Manager on the downloaded file but this wont do anything until i can upload it correctly) . I try to deleted it ( Being Used by Another Process) - I upload the New .pbo with a diffrent name but it wont work because it has a different name.
Maybe im going in the wrong direction

The Vilayer setup doesnt allow you to edit the pbo's directly. Your pbos are already unpacked in a folder called vilayercustomcode and that is where you make your changes. Then when you restart your server it packs those unpacked files into the pbo. Some say thats easier, I disagree. it does have the benefit that you dont have to stop your server to edit the files and they will be automatically updated at restart.
What it does do, most definately, is confuse new admins who are told to get their pbo and unpack it.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking at it buttface - Gonna give it another go tomorrow.
I think it has to do with Vilayer Hosting - When i restart the server from the control panel I think it recreates the File & Then Doesnt use the one That i adjusted.

For some reason im only able to join the server once then I have to give it a quick restart for it to full load. The second login it gets stuck at the very last load screen & I can hear noise but not video. gonna try to reinstall everything one more time.
You are using Epoch or Overpoch. This is a 'bug' where its waiting for the loadingscreen to finish loading.
Alexlawson posted the answer here
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-epoch-server-stuck-at-loading-screen.21344/#post-115397

In sheeps repack he placed the endloadingscreen right in the init.sqf .. look at this file for comparison
https://github.com/Fallingsheep1985...r/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/init.sqf

Your second log sample has a "dzai_initserver.sqf not found" error but DZAI continues to load normally lower down, so you've possibly added the "call" line for DZAI twice somewhere, but one of them is working so it's not a serious issue.

Its workings - Never felt so good to have a helicopter shoot down.

Thanks for all your help guys
Buttface
Shootingblanks

Thanks for the second fix as well shootingblanks gonna work on doing that now

Back