Which DayZ Taviana For Bliss - I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grindkore

So it appears DayZ Commander has 2 Taviana versions, I believe Bliss is using dayztaviana.com 1..7.4.4 at least thats whats linked on the setup page. I have that version setup on my server server. However when joining my server 2 of 3 times I get stuck in character setup screen. When it does spawn me, I end-up in the water about 1km offshore. I'm not exacly certain what is happening or if it is related to a wrong Taviana map I'm using.

Please help

Are you sure you're using correct mission file? Did you start with clean database? These two are the only things that come to mind.

If you go to use dayztaviana.com version you go to have many buildings without configs and loot.

It's glitched atm, confirmed in the IRC support channel, same is happening to me, rolled back to Taviana 1.1.0 for the time being.

Nothing against it (apart from loot not spawning in some of the taviana buildings) but ayan4n1 has favored 1.7.4.4 in his latest package, i doubt he will be supporting both.

He needs to support both as the 1.7.4.4 .com version is crap lol.
So buggy, so glithcy, it feels like going back to panthera tbh.

We desided to manually change back to dayzland.eu version 1.1.0 and it works perfectly. Its pretty much as bug free as Chernarus is atm, lovely. But the .com version 1.7.4.4 caused nothing both trouble.

We need 1.1.0 support, its the best made taviana map by far. The other one smeels abit like vilayer marketing. throwing it out when its not done at all.

Github issue about it

And seeing as commander supports both version, i believe Bliss needs to aswell.
Or at least remove the .com 1.7.4.4 version and put .eu 1.1.0 back in.
Theres no point in supporting poorly made maps, when good ones are available.

im working with official taviana 1.1.0 on latest bliss and it's works great, the only shitty thing is the f/***ing volcan :mad:

Our dev-team go to make new release in this days to fix many bugs.

Just we need all Dayz Community to help us in this situation.

We make good work and have only shit for it.

We start to collect communities to HELP us in development and releases.

Whatever ayan4m1 reason is, maybe he flipped a coin :)
Or more than likely the fact the .com version is almost the same code-base as other dayz maps, making it alot easier to maintain & support for himself.

Either way he has done alot of very nice work.

-------------
-------------

Basicly its time for us to just pick up the slack & maintain and keep the server files updated if need be
We can use github as p-schnieder has already done, say we make his the unoffical defacto one :).

And everyone can do some small easy things like....
Like running a server (means more servers for players to play the mod/map on)

Updated Battleye filters
An allowed weapons / vehicles list
Mission File for use with ingame editor with default spawn locations
Helping maintain the server files...

Ayan4m1 has done alot of awsome work indeed.
But he stepped in it here, replacing a map with another just like that...

When so many people are having issues with it, why even support it and not go back to 1.1.0 that worked so well?
After all this is a community project and it should be about what the community wants and whats best for the community.
Im sorry to say that replacing a working map with a map in open testing isnt the way to please the community.

Ayan4m1 has done alot of awsome work indeed.
But he stepped in it here, replacing a map with another just like that...

When so many people are having issues with it, why even support it and not go back to 1.1.0 that worked so well?
After all this is a community project and it should be about what the community wants and whats best for the community.
Im sorry to say that replacing a working map with a map in open testing isnt the way to please the community.
Although ayan4m1 has done wonders for dayz, he is also a guy who will work with what suits himself.
The amount of people that suggest better code, or different ways he could achieve things, he wants his way only.

Not alot you can do about it, unless of course you stole his current code and worked on all the updates.
Which of course would be lame.

So..it's one of them.

Although ayan4m1 has done wonders for dayz, he is also a guy who will work with what suits himself.
The amount of people that suggest better code, or different ways he could achieve things, he wants his way only.

Not alot you can do about it, unless of course you stole his current code and worked on all the updates.
Which of course would be lame.

So..it's one of them.

Well its pretty damn clear Bliss isnt about the community lol.

Lets please not turn OpenDayZ.net into a forum for the furthering of peoples agendas, or drama.

Vilayer does not own DayZTaviana.com, I do. As they provide web hosting and I know I can contact them, after having extensive issues with a much larger webhost that I will not name I acquired a web hosting package through their servers.

Name server addresses do not indicate ownership, but being able to Skype someone that is not in a call center definitely helps when having hosting issues.

I encourage you to bring any issues you may have at a technical side, to development.dayztaviana.com. I can promise you they will be looked at right away, and you can engage with us on the issue and track the progress of the fix.

Lets please not turn OpenDayZ.net into a forum for the furthering of peoples agendas, or drama.

Vilayer does not own DayZTaviana.com, I do. As they provide web hosting and I know I can contact them, after having extensive issues with a much larger webhost that I will not name I acquired a web hosting package through their servers.

Name server addresses do not indicate ownership, but being able to Skype someone that is not in a call center definitely helps when having hosting issues.

I encourage you to bring any issues you may have at a technical side, to development.dayztaviana.com. I can promise you they will be looked at right away, and you can engage with us on the issue and track the progress of the fix.
Owning a domain from them looked really bad on your part. Now since you're the one causing shit between the community what is reasoning for this: My main question is why are you fucking with the original DayZTaviana team. They have been working on Taviana for 6 months while with the original developer of the map, Martin.

I don't own a domain from them, I purchased through Godaddy. If you have issues with Vilayer, I assure you - your beef is with them, not I.

Additionally, I'm not causing any shit at all, I promise. You can look at any post, reddit, email, or chat log you can find. I've got nothing but a positive desire to refine the experience of DayZ Mod and Taviana map together.
You can see clear indicators of my enthusiasm through the four public Taviana servers I ran prior to the server files being released, to my refusal to do anything with Taviana without sign off from everyone from Martin himself to Josh, and fellow early Taviana server providers.

I think there is a high chance you may be judging me or the project based off of rumor or speculation, I encourage you to lay aside any preconceptions. :)

No agenda or drama, merely a search for facts and to figure out, why on earth one would start a map, someone else is almost done with. It blows my mind.
Theres so many arma maps to start porting to DayZ, why take one someone else is already working on?

I want to apoligize for saying "owns", wrong choice of words, but i still dont see why one would associate one self with vilayer, when you are trying to develop something for the community.

Reactions: Pwn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back