[WORKING] Halo Jump - New/Re-Spawn Only

Ok.
Yeah, I'm working on putting in the Sarge AI as we speak. I had that little bit in there to get animated helicrash to work.
ok so if that is your file with just sarge added to it i will finish the changes. I am still new to this forum so can i just pm it back to you? I dont have a sub w any of the gits or upload sites.

hey innuce if you dont halo in the first time u load in try killing yourself then see if you do. Sometimes when i test i have to. Just fyi too in my tavi i have to run two execVM calls otherwise loot and zeds dont spawn or the halo just doesnt work.

You have to get that from YOUR OWN dayz_code file it is actually spelled out in that step. Read it again and pay attention lol

I think we have some mis communication going on here. I'm only stating that you may want to actually add a step that says to get it from your own dayz_code. That's all.

So, got Halo spawn working. Many thanks to Tehdango!
Seems I can only control the direction of descent while in first-person. Any way of controlling it while in third-person? Am I missing something? Or is this done on purpose?

So, got Halo spawn working. Many thanks to Tehdango!
Seems I can only control the direction of descent while in first-person. Any way of controlling it while in third-person? Am I missing something? Or is this done on purpose?
Just glad i could help :D my normal players seem to have this same problem and i added every action except /wrists and it still doesnt work lol.

I don't notice this issue on 1.7.6.1 - Is this related to those running 1.7.7.1?

Yes, I am running 1.7.7.1 on a dayz.st server. It's not a big deal if you know what to expect. But if someone new came on the server, they might end up having to swim because they instinctively went to 3rd person view.

Hi Innuce,

I'm having the exact same problem that you were having, keep spawning on the ground. Using Reality build, couldn't find any antihack.sqf references in the .fsm files. Care to share some pointers please?

There were a few things I had to change...

The part where you had to add "&& player login 4" to the init.sqf, remove that.

Removed all the comment hashes from the server_cleanup.fsm (I mean, don't comment them out in the first place!). The only line commented should be Check for hackers...

** EDIT **
Code:
//Check for hackers
" \n "
{" \n "
    if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n "
    diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n "
        (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n "
        _x setDamage 1;" \n "
    };" \n "
} forEach allUnits;

Not sure if you have this in your haloInit.sqf but I had to comment out the eject stuff. So it basically spawns you already in a freefall. 1000 meters seems to work pretty good as a starting altitude. Should look like this...

Code:
//player action [ "eject", vehicle player];
//sleep 1;
//player removeWeapon "ParachuteWest";
//sleep 0.1;
//player spawn bis_fnc_halo;
//player setvelocity[0,120*0.8,0];
//player setdir 0;

// Change " 1000 " to whatever height you want your players to spawn!
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [player, 1000] execVM "fixes\fn_halo.sqf";
};

Oh and the line below is not located in player_monitor.fsm file (as you mentioned), it was in my init.sqf file. Do comment that out.

Code:
//[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";

Works beautifully! :)

- The part where you had to add "&& player login 4" to the init.sqf, remove that.

Hmm still not working, might have missed something, what part is that?

Don't remember why I had that in there. If you can't find it, probably a good thing :)
The original setup I started with was Option #2, then added the fixes from post #110.
Hard to remember every single thing. Espcially when you're looking to make sure I put semicolons everywhere and have enough brackets and such!
I am far from an expert on this stuff, so I may have missed something I did. I updated my code from the server_cleanup.fsm on post #177 above to what I actually have in mine. It's slightly different than the OP because I was adding animated heli crashsites at the time as well. Who knows, that may have played a role too, lol.

The reason you dont comment out the Killing a hacker is probably because you use Sarge. So it probably isnt causing you any issues :)

None the less, a lot of these problems can be averted by using 1.7.6.1 :) (not a fan of 1.7.7 at all) That's just 2 cents though :)

Ah, good to know. It started with the animated heli crashes, then I went and put in the whole Sarge AI. It has been working out pretty good.

I think the only thing I don't like in 1.7.7.1 is they took away zombies spawning while you're in a vehicle. Specifically don't like how you can just drive up to a heli crashsite and loot the goodies without a fight.

I have been able to work around the other things like loot and zombies infecting too much.

I don't notice this issue on 1.7.6.1 - Is this related to those running 1.7.7.1?
this is .6.1 on a tavi 2.0 server. We are using a paid version antihack and when i remove it everyone can move fine so i know its something with the file, just cant seem to fig out why the addactions only seem to work for open chute.

Back