Working House Lighting

Hi all.

Some questions axeman.

Where should it go script.txt code? !"fixes\change_streetlights.sqf"

After the quotes? After of the semicolon and before of the quotes?

If I put the code after the quotes. Do I have to put a semicolon after? !"fixes\change_streetlights.sqf";

Thanks for yours answers.

i cant seem to find the change_streetlights.sqf anywere. ive searched in my install directory for arma 2 under mpmissions and all i have is a readme file in there

The entry for scripts.txt goes at the end of the line. Change_streetlights.sqf had to be made. Try notepad++ as an editor.

thanks axeman. ya i figured i had to make make it. put the change_streetlights.sqf in my lights folder in mission.pbo lights folder and added the line in the init.sqf to execute it.worked like charm. looks amazing. now if only i can get the 2 hour days and 1 hour nights to work on my server i could appreciate it alot more, dayz.st doesnt let me have access to the hiveext.ini to change the static options to do that wich is a bummer. full days and nights i guess

I followed the script on page 1 and then replace it with the one on page 5...the server loads ok but I don't see the building lights at all. im on taviana 2.0
thanks for giving me advice if any!

edit: im not shure if put the wright bracket in the ini.sqf file to make it work...

The code has the ability to add an array of custom building objects. What it generally does is look for the base class of House. This base class may be different in other versions.. I have seen some buildings with a base class of Industrial and Military, might be a good way of creating specific lights for those different buildings..

Take the hotel, this is the entry in config.cpp
Code:
    class Land_HouseB_Tenement: House
    {
        armor = 180;
        model = "\Ca\Structures\House\HouseBT\HouseB_Tenement";
        scope = 1;
        featureSize = 50;
        class HitPoints
        {
            class Hit1
            {
                armor = 0.15;
                material = -1;
                name = "dam 1";
                visual = "damT1";
                passThrough = 0;
                convexComponent = "dam 1";
                class DestructionEffects
                {
                    class Dust
                    {
                        simulation = "particles";
                        type = "HousePartDust";
                        position = "";
                        intensity = 1;
                        interval = 1;
                        lifeTime = 0.01;
                    };
                    class Dust2: Dust
                    {
                        type = "HousePartDustLong";
                    };
                    class Walls: Dust
                    {
                        type = "HousePartWall";
                    };
                };
            };
        };
        class MarkerLights
        {
            class RedBlinking
            {
                name = "";
                color[] = {0,0.0,0,0};
                ambient[] = {0,0,0,0};
                brightness = 0;
                blinking = "false";
            };
        };
        class AnimationSources
        {
            class Lights_1
            {
                source = "user";
                animPeriod = 0.001;
                initPhase = 0;
            };
            class Lights_2: Lights_1
            {
            };
        };
    };

For standard houses the code looks for the class Lights_1 (in animation sources) and checks that the animation phase is 1, these are the windows that light up, without these the standard code won't create an ambient light source..

So i tried to add The Runway lights separately because i wanted them to be brighter than a normal _objmisc light and to me it seemed like a good idea, but no matter what i do, i cant seem to get them to be visible from a distance.
Here is my code http://pastebin.com/8wrzzuhv
Although if its possible to attach runway lights to the existing code with a bright light source please let me know!

It is possible that the runway lights are like streetlamps and are not possible to grab this way from the client. Also setting
Code:
_objHouse = nearestObjects [player, [], _range];
and the other variable, will cause the client to pick up all classless objects and loop through them. Could cause a lot of unnecessary lag..

I saw a video where they had the runway lights working. Not working on my version of Street Lights.
Is this part of Street Lights or House Lights?

Back